Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The Wolf Among Us

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 11, 2013

A prequel to the Fables comic book series, The Wolf Among Us tells a tale of the reformed Big Bad Wolf of childhood folklore (who is the sheriff of a secluded community of fables in 20th century New York City) as he investigates a series of grisly murders.

Value......?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

What am I getting for $25 on steam? 1 episode? How long is it?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JZ

Like 2 hours if you liked walking dead you'll love this.

Don't worry

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

You're getting one episode now and the other four as they come out. In total, if history holds, you'll probably end up with between 8-12 hours of game time depending on how you play.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BisonHero

@veektarius: For $25 you're getting the whole season. Though yes, only one episode has been released so far. The length of each episode is comparable to other TellTale episodes (~2-3 hours).

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

@veektarius:

You'll get the rest of the episodes. You're buying a season not just an episode. So like 10-15 hours of gameplay over 5 episodes.

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder why the pc version is five dollars more than the console versions for the whole season. Was The Walking Dead the same way?

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Nekroskop

5 episodes for 25 Ameribux! Now that's what I call VALUE!

That's right, Jay.
    That's right, Jay.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@vanick said:

I wonder why the pc version is five dollars more than the console versions for the whole season. Was The Walking Dead the same way?

As far as I remember, every season Telltale has done recently (Monkey Island, Sam & Max 3, Walking Dead, etc.) has been $25 for the season

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vanick said:

Because you get quick access to a steam forum page for the game where you can watch humanity just become more and more worthless and your faith in the aformentioned humanity will just vanish in the blink of an eye.
    that's worth 5 bucks, right? :P

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@vanick said:

What? A console version being cheaper than the PC version?

That's nuts.

Maybe they feel they have a steady fanbase with the PC crowd, but still need to market more competitively to the more "casual" audience?

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Vanick

As far as I remember, every season Telltale has done recently (Monkey Island, Sam & Max 3, Walking Dead, etc.) has been $25 for the season

That's what I thought. It seemed strange that on the Xbox live marketplace it's 4.99 for the first episode and 14.99 for the rest of the season. I thought maybe it was a price mistake but it looks like it's going to be that way on PSN as well.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the responses, all. The price seems much better when I know it's for the full season. I didn't actually play walking dead (Don't like zombies) but how often do the episodes come out?

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BisonHero

@veektarius said:

Thanks for the responses, all. The price seems much better when I know it's for the full season. I didn't actually play walking dead (Don't like zombies) but how often do the episodes come out?

The Walking Dead was about 8 months (first episode came out in April, last episode came out in December), so I'd expect something close to that. About 2 months between each episode, give or take?

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sykdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vanick: it was 25% off on GMG for awhile..

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pyrodactyl

@zeforgotten said:

@vanick said:

Because you get quick access to a steam forum page for the game where you can watch humanity just become more and more worthless and your faith in the aformentioned humanity will just vanish in the blink of an eye.

What's going on? Are people sreaming about 25$ for 2 hours of gameplay? One would think they would've understand the concept after the walking dead...

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Vanick

@pyrodactyl: I was just discussing the price difference between the console and pc version. I understand that there are five episodes included in the price. I think you may have misunderstood what we were talking about.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pyrodactyl

@vanick: I was asking about that:

@zeforgotten said:

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vanick

@pyrodactyl: Ah I see now. I didn't actually look at the Steam forum pages for it.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeforgotten said:

@vanick said:

What's going on? Are people sreaming about 25$ for 2 hours of gameplay? One would think they would've understand the concept after the walking dead...

Oh god, I don't know.
    I was speaking from personal experience going through the hell of those forums so I'm not even gonna check out forums for episodic games.
    I checked one of the forums for one the the "Early Access" games with one game that was currently in their "pre-alpha" release phase of their game and people who had bought the game were on the forums complaining about "How this game wasn't anything like they had described on the store page!" and "Why is this shit broken? what's with the bugs? will they get fixed?" and stuff like that.

So.. I would assume there's someone somewhere on the Wolf Among Us forums complaining about something stupid :P

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@cameron said:

You're getting one episode now and the other four as they come out. In total, if history holds, you'll probably end up with between 8-12 hours of game time depending on how you play.

I'll gladly pay you a dollar Tuesday for a video game today!

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more frames more money.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By djou

I'm disappointed that I can't just buy the first episode separately to decide whether I want to purchase the whole season. Not sure why Telltale stopped this. I bought the first episode of Walking Dead as a standalone and was hooked. This may be the case again but I'm not dropping $25 without knowing when the next episodes are releasing, especially if the first is only a few hours. Walking Dead was heavily discounted within a year and almost all Telltale games go free or receive discounts on the PSN. I don't have an attachment to the Fables fiction so I'm fine waiting.

lightsoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

First episode gave me value enough already, man that was great.

Grixxel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll tell you the value, it's worth every fucking penny. I can't wait for the rest.

cthomer5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really enjoyed the first episode. Like Patrick, I agree the premise sounds ridiculous/not for me when you say it out loud. But I was hooked pretty quickly. The game looks fantastic too (and im on a 360). Must look great on a bangin' PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.