Xbox versus PC

#1 Posted by rahulricky (209 posts) -

Hi, this game is like £4 cheaper to get on Xbox as a full season than it is on PC...is there a good reason for me to get it on PC* or should I just go for it on console?

*like loading times, visual fidelity?

#2 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Xbox is fine

#3 Edited by bigjeffrey (4773 posts) -

Frame rate on 360 is said to be terrible. PC

#4 Posted by JasonR86 (9604 posts) -

@rahulricky:

Loading is shit on consoles and it looks better on PC even on a modest system.

#5 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4330 posts) -

The game isn't that demanding on PC so if you can run it at a decent setting then forget the 360 version

#6 Edited by probablytuna (3533 posts) -

When in doubt, always choose PC.

#7 Posted by rahulricky (209 posts) -

thanks all! I guess I'll nab PC, bit more expensive is worth it if it means less time staring at a loading screen.

#8 Posted by Morningstar (2137 posts) -

Xbox version works fine for me.

#9 Posted by djhworld (9 posts) -

I've heard that loading times are pretty dire on the 360 but that's just anecdotal.

I purchased it on PC and haven't regretted it. Runs like a dream at 1920*1200. I guess the disadvantage is you have to pay the £19 on PC for the season pass, whereas the consoles offer the ability to buy each episode.

#10 Posted by meteora3255 (108 posts) -

@djhworld: They are pretty bad on 360, at least in my experience. I don't find it to be as unbearable as most but its certainly not something I would expect from a game running off the HDD.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.