Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The World Ends with You

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Jul 27, 2007

How does Japanese fashion collide with a pin that grants psychic powers? Square and Jupiter find out in The World Ends With You.

The Potential for a 3DS ARG sequel

Avatar image for deactivated-6610658acf7f5
    deactivated-6610658acf7f5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The 3DS has demonstrated its capacity to scan the real world with its cameras and insert virtual characters into that world. In The World Ends With You, Neku scans the world for monstrous Noise. Why not have an option for the player to do the same in a sequel? Players could use their cameras to hunt Noise. 

I had a similar thought for looking for Pokemon, but Noise hunting has an even stronger thematic link. 

I'm not saying that an ARG should be the only way to play a sequel, but it could make for an interesting add-on.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I would only want that as some add-on that has nothing to do with the main story or something... I think. I dunno, if they can incorporate it well, I'd be all for it. It would be interesting if they let you take a picture of a pin you have in real life and add it to the game, attributing powers to it depending on how your pin looks.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
    LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By LordXavierBritish

Pokemon Snap in real life.

MisterMollusk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MisterMollusk

I want to run around downtown staring at my 3DS hunting noise. 

homewrecker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By homewrecker

It was a good game, but in my opinion the story doesn't need a sequel so I don't think they could pull it off

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By 02sfraser

That would be such a good idea for a side game! Unlock some badges by battling noise in the real world with your 3DS. I very rarely say this but brilliant idea.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
    KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By KaosAngel

Fuck no.  Nomura shouldn't waste his time with this.  Let him focus on V13 and KH3.

Avatar image for bjorntheunicorn
    BjornTheUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By BjornTheUnicorn

I think using StreetPass and the pedometer would be really cool for a theoretical sequel. They did really cool stuff with the badges in the first, it would be cool if they could incorporate that stuff with the aforementioned features.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.