Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

I am also putting up the original versions so you guys can compare:

Twister (Original Version):

Twister (Kingdom Hearts 3DS Version):

Calling (Original Version):

Calling (Kingdom Hearts 3DS Version):

Someday (Original Version):

Someday (Kingdom Hearts 3DS Version):

I never played The World Ends With You but considering offbeat the soundtrack seems, it seems like something really unique. I am now going to check it out.

#1 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

I am also putting up the original versions so you guys can compare:

Twister (Original Version):

Twister (Kingdom Hearts 3DS Version):

Calling (Original Version):

Calling (Kingdom Hearts 3DS Version):

Someday (Original Version):

Someday (Kingdom Hearts 3DS Version):

I never played The World Ends With You but considering offbeat the soundtrack seems, it seems like something really unique. I am now going to check it out.

#2 Posted by takashichea (365 posts) -

I like Someday in The World Ends With You than the Kingdom Hearts 3DS version. For me, I haven't played the game, and I'm eager to get this game and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

#3 Posted by NegativeCero (3041 posts) -

Man, this reminds me that TWEWY is still on my pile of shame. Also, is Kingdom Hearts 3D finally the 3rd game or is it just a name?

#4 Posted by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

Man, this reminds me that TWEWY is still on my pile of shame. Also, is Kingdom Hearts 3D finally the 3rd game or is it just a name?

Kingdom Hearts 3D is a brand new original game in the series (as opposed to a remake in 3D), but it is separate from and thus not to be considered Kingdom Hearts 3. In fact Nomura has made it seem like this game is the prequel to Kingdom Hearts 3.

#5 Posted by kishinfoulux (2529 posts) -

Wow...way to butcher those songs...especially "Calling". The fuck did they do?

#6 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4702 posts) -

TWEWY has one of my favorite soundtracks of the generation so maybe i'm biased but i'm not feeling the remixes. The twister one is the best of them though.

#7 Posted by FengShuiGod (1492 posts) -

no thank you

#8 Posted by Encephalon (1335 posts) -

This gives me hope that someone somewhere within Square remembers TWEWY.

#9 Posted by NegativeCero (3041 posts) -
@TepidShark

@NegativeCero said:

Kingdom Hearts 3D is a brand new original game in the series (as opposed to a remake in 3D), but it is separate from and thus not to be considered Kingdom Hearts 3. In fact Nomura has made it seem like this game is the prequel to Kingdom Hearts 3.

So basically like every other game after 2. I don't even know why I think it might be good since they've done a great job at confusing me with all the spinoffs in the series.
#10 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I'm really digging the remix of Calling. The fact that so much TWEWY is going into KH3D is making me anticipate this game quite a bit. I skipped over Re:coded, but I'll definitely be picking this one up.

#11 Posted by Apathylad (3067 posts) -

Of the three remixes, I liked "Twister" the most. I don't care for the vocals in the "Calling" remix, which I think is by far the worst of the three remixes. "Someday" is okay, but it's very different in tone and feel of the original.

#12 Edited by TepidShark (1063 posts) -

@NegativeCero said:

@TepidShark

@NegativeCero said:

So basically like every other game after 2. I don't even know why I think it might be good since they've done a great job at confusing me with all the spinoffs in the series.

Birth by Sleep & this are the major ones any Kingdom Hearts fan should probably play. The other two, the ones on the original DS, you are ok to skip.

#13 Posted by JJOR64 (19070 posts) -

I still need to play TWEWY...

#14 Posted by Voxus (350 posts) -

Where the fuck is my TWEWY sequel.

#15 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19388 posts) -

I'm a big fan of The World Ends With You, but I have absolutely no knowledge and practically no interest in Kingdom Hearts. I want more TWEWY, but it's really unfortunate for me that it has to be like this.

#16 Edited by OriginalGman (294 posts) -

The greatest success of this thread is that it's driven people to play TWEWY. One of the greatest games ever made, handheld or not.

#17 Posted by Nottle (1915 posts) -

I left off TWEWY on the Beat stuff. Haven't really played it for a year or 2. I might I have to Persona 3 that game and just play the rest of it.

Know any good pin set ups?

#18 Posted by countinhallways (630 posts) -
#19 Posted by iAmJohn (6135 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

TWEWY has one of my favorite soundtracks of the generation so maybe i'm biased but i'm not feeling the remixes. The twister one is the best of them though.

#20 Edited by Nux (2427 posts) -

I forgot how much I love Calling.

Also it's a real shame that TWEWY hasn't gotten a sequal yet, I was REALLY into this game when I was playing it. Hell I still really love this game, it is by far the best DS game and one of the best games ever made. I think I'll go back and get the rest of the secret reports I'm missing.

#21 Posted by Voxus (350 posts) -

@Nux said:

I forgot how much I love Calling.

Also it's a real shame that TWEWY hasn't gotten a sequal yet, I was REALLY into this game when I was playing it. Hell I still really love this game, it is by far the best DS game and one of the best games ever made. I think I'll go back and get the rest of the secret reports I'm missing.

The secret reports are totally worth the effort.

#22 Posted by Tan (425 posts) -

@countinhallways said:

@0blivion said:

Where the fuck is my TWEWY sequel.

Indeed. Fantastic game with a fantastic soundtrack.

There seems to be a general feeling however that the appearance of TWEWY's characters in the new Kingdom Hearts game signifies that there is something new in the works for the franchise:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/21/square-enix-are-doing-something-with-the-world-ends-with-you/

Also this:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/12/20/square-enix-files-trademark-for-the-world-ends-with-you-in-japan/

So what you're saying... is a TWEWY fighting game.

#23 Posted by ImHungry (377 posts) -

I should really go and replay TWEWY, such a fantastic game. Shame that I don't think I'll ever forget the amazing story beats though, can never reclaim the first time experience.

#24 Posted by ZenaxPure (2569 posts) -

@TepidShark said:

@NegativeCero said:

Birth by Sleep & this are the major ones any Kingdom Hearts fan should probably play. The other two, the ones on the original DS, you are ok to skip.

This! There are only 2 spinoffs in the entire series and they were both on the DS. BBS and this game tie directly into the main games, BBS taking place before any of the other games and this game taking place shorter after KH2 ends. I believe Nomura literally called this a prologue to KH3.

@Hailinel: If you enjoyed the combat of BBS you should play re:coded. Though I found the game unplayable with the DS d-pad and ended up not beating it until I got my 3DS.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.