Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

The X-Files Game

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released May 31, 1998

The X-Files Game is a point-and-click FMV adventure based on the hit Fox TV show, which aired from 1993 to 2002.

Eh?

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Dreamfall31

Huge fan of the show.  I picked this up at a local flea market for 75 cents, heard only bad stuff about it but at that price why not just get it!!!!  It is alright, the FMV is totally outdated and looks really pixely through the PS2 and an HDTV.  But it still seems like an alright point and click adventure, which I am a huge fan of.   

I got a good half hour into it and realized I couldn't save because you apparently can't save PS1 files on a PS2 memory card which kinda defeats the purpose of backwards compatibility.   So I'd have to spend a few dollars more to get a PS1 memory card but I think it's barely worth it.  Anyone out there play through this game?

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Jeust

I've seen it, but it's not my cup of tea. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By c1337us

I am a huge fan of the show too. I have duplicate copies of every season and the movies on DVD and I have watched the series through at least 10 times by now. I really loved the PS2 game. It wasn't a great game really but it was competent enough and really scratched that X-Files itch. I know a place that is selling the PS1 X-Files game for $30 and it hasn't sold. I have been contemplating getting it but I am not sure I want to part with $30 for it just to feed my geek obsession with the show. Anything is worth a go for .75c though.

s10129107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By s10129107

I beat this game like 20 times.  I had it for PC though i have no idea whats become of it  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

Seems like way further than where you got though.  Skinner is super awesome in this game.   If you are a big X-files fan AND a big adventure game fan then this is a good game to finish.  Oh memories.
    c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By c1337us
    @s10129107: Damn it all. I might have to go for a walk and purchase it after works finished. The store I mentioned in only a 10 minute walk away from here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.