Here's the full track list for this interested (DLC included)

#1 Edited by ninkendo (108 posts) -

-Final Fantasy- (9)

Main Theme

Gurgu Volcano

Battle Scene

Chaos Shrine

Opening Theme

Prelude

Ending Theme

Matoya's Cave (DLC)

Forgotten Temple of the Deep (DLC)

-Final Fantasy II- (8)

Main Theme

Battle Theme 2

The Rebel Army

Prelude

Finale

Battle Scene I (DLC)

Dungeon Theme (DLC)

Magician's Tower (DLC)

-Final Fantasy III- (10)

Eternal Wind

Battle 2

Elia, the Maiden of Water

Prelude

Ending Theme

Return of the Warrior

Battle 1 (DLC)

The Crystal Cavern (DLC)

The Crystal Tower (DLC)

Final Struggle to the Death (DLC)

-Final Fantasy IV- (9)

Final Fantasy IV Main Theme

Giant's Dungeon

Battle with the Four Fiends

Battle 1

Theme of Love

Prelude

Ending Theme

Zeromus (DLC)

Battle 2 (DLC)

-Final Fantasy V- (9)

Four Hearts

Mambo de Chocobo

Battle at the Big Bridge

My Home, Sweet Home

Main Theme of Final Fantasy V

The New Origin

Ex-Death (DLC)

Battle 1 (DLC)

Battle 2 (DLC)

-Final Fantasy VI- (9)

Terra's Theme

Searching for Friends

Decisive Battle

The Fierce Battle

Dancing Mad

Celes' Theme

Omen

Ending Theme

Battle 1 (DLC)

-Final Fantasy VII- (10)

Main Theme of Final Fantasy VII

Judgement Day

One-Winged Angel

J-E-N-O-V-A

Those Who Fight

Aerith's Theme

Prelude

Staff Roll

Cosmo Canyon (DLC)

Those Who Fight Further (DLC)

-Final Fantasy VIII- (9)

Blue Fields

The Man with the Machine Gun

Waltz for the Moon

Overture

Eyes on Me

Ride On (DLC)

The Castle (DLC)

Force Your Way (DLC)

The Extreme (DLC)

-Final Fantasy IX- (11)

Over the Hills

Battle 1

Something to Protect

Beyond the Door

The Place I'll Return to Someday

Melodies of Life

Fighters of the Crystal (DLC)

The Dark Messenger (DLC)

Battle 2 (DLC)

The City that Never Sleeps (DLC)

Necron (DLC)

-Final Fantasy X- (11)

Mi'ihen Highroad

Seymour Battle

Suteki Da Ne

Suteki da ne -Orchestral Version-

To Zanarkand

Someday the Dream will End (DLC)

Movement in Green (DLC)

Battle Theme (DLC)

Otherworld (DLC)

Boss Battle (DLC)

Aeon Battle (DLC)

-Final Fantasy XI- (9)

Ronfaure

Awakening

Final Fantasy XI Opening Theme

Vana'diel March

Vana'diel March #2

Battle Theme (DLC)

Ragnarok (DLC)

The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah (DLC)

Gustaberg (DLC)

-Final Fantasy XII- (10)

Giza Plains

Clash of Swords

Theme of the Empire

Final Fantasy ~FFXII Version~

Ending Movie

East Dalmasca Desert (DLC)

Battle Stage (DLC)

Royal City of Rabanastre (DLC)

Esper Battle (DLC)

The Battle for Freedom (DLC)

-Final Fantasy XIII- (9)

Sunleth Waterscape

Saber's Edge

Blinded By Light

Defiers of Fate

Final Fantasy XIII ~The Promise~

Ending Credits

Archylte Steppe (DLC)

Fighting Fate (DLC)

March of the Dreadnoughts (DLC)

-Final Fantasy XIII-2- (1)

Knights of the Goddess (DLC)

-Final Fantasy Type-0- (1)

Battle Stage (DLC)

-Final Fantasy Versus XIII- (1)

Somnus (DLC)

#2 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

That's a lot of DLC!

For easy comparison:

• On cart songs = 79
  • DLC songs = 47

At 1$ per song you could spend more than what the game itself costs on just DLC, if you wanted to get everything. Kinda crazy.

#3 Posted by Illuminosopher (328 posts) -

Man they are missing a lot of good songs.

#4 Posted by Fratley (10 posts) -

Man FF9 has some incredible music they are straight up missing out...

#5 Posted by cmblasko (1233 posts) -

Of course the FF6 Battle song is DLC.

#6 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

@RockmanBionics said:

That's a lot of DLC!

For easy comparison:

• On cart songs = 79
  • DLC songs = 47

At 1$ per song you could spend more than what the game itself costs on just DLC, if you wanted to get everything. Kinda crazy.

To be fair, I'm pretty Rock Band's total DLC cost well exceeds the base game at this point, as well. And you also have to pay for plastic instrument accessories in order to get any use out of them.

#7 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

Man, I have to get that game just for Man with the Machine Gun. Laguna, Kiros and Ward were awesome. Too bad they played second fiddle to the main cast, which kinda stunk honestly.

#8 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

no desperate struggle? lame

#9 Posted by JackSukeru (5912 posts) -

@Hailinel: Yeah that's kinda crazy too. It'd be nice if there were some kind of value bundle for those who just wanted to get everything though.

Not being in that situation myself, seeing how I haven't played the game yet and am not even sure if I will like it or not, I have no problem with it. I figure if I end up buying songs for it, it'll be songs I know from the series, which among the dlc can't be more than 4-5 tops.

#10 Posted by Lavapotamus (199 posts) -

@Alkaiser said:

Man, I have to get that game just for Man with the Machine Gun. Laguna, Kiros and Ward were awesome. Too bad they played second fiddle to the main cast, which kinda stunk honestly.

I loved the majority of the main cast. I mean, Irvine was just kind of there...but the rest were pretty enjoyable in my experience. God I love that game...finally beat it this year after trying for literally a decade.

Anyway, as far as Theatrhythm goes...I'm pretty sad that Don't Be Afraid was excluded. I haven't finished enough FF games for this game to do much for me, but it does make me want to give a few of the games another go. I liked what I played of VI, but I think I saved on a floating island or something and couldn't survive progressing through it. VII and IX were going well...not really sure why I dropped those.

#11 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

@Lavapotamus said:

@Alkaiser said:

I loved the majority of the main cast. I mean, Irvine was just kind of there...but the rest were pretty enjoyable in my experience. God I love that game...finally beat it this year after trying for literally a decade.

Anyway, as far as Theatrhythm goes...I'm pretty sad that Don't Be Afraid was excluded. I haven't finished enough FF games for this game to do much for me, but it does make me want to give a few of the games another go. I liked what I played of VI, but I think I saved on a floating island or something and couldn't survive progressing through it. VII and IX were going well...not really sure why I dropped those.

Eh, to each their own. My only main problem are with Squall and Rinoa, I guess. Zell, Selphie and Quistis kinda share Irvine's fate of just being along for the ride and I didn't really feel like they got to influence things too much. They all had a cool look and I liked their weapons, its just that Squall was too much of a jerk for my tastes, and Rinoa did a lot of dumb stuff and never really seemed to learn from her mistakes. Also she attached her affection to Squall way too quickly for someone with the charm and conversational skills of a brick wall.

I'd rather have played as Angelo, honestly. Dog was great.

#12 Edited by TheHT (11250 posts) -

The Man with the Machine Gun

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

If there was Boss Battle from FFXII I'd totally go out and get this ASAP.

#13 Posted by Lavapotamus (199 posts) -

@Alkaiser: I think Zell, Selphie and Quistis were there as supporting elements to assist with Squall's development from "I don't need to rely on anyone ever" to "Alright, I guess people can be okay."

I was waiting for Rinoa to wise up as a character, too, but it never really seemed to happen. Her actions were usually what confused me the most; the rationale to run off and endanger herself just wasn't there. I could imagine a person convincing themselves to do the sort of things she did, though, so I took it as her being an irrational, dim person that acts before thinking. Forever.

Rinoa and Squall got predictable and a little painful to listen to once they were essentially together, but I think my expectations for an entirely satisfying conclusion to video game love had been derailed long before VIII (not to say it's excusable, but it's something that's bothered me less over time). I enjoyed their development towards couplesville and relied on the others when I needed a break from the center-stage romance. For me, they had enough lines to do that.

I also really enjoyed the junction system, Squall's trigger damage and the limit break setup -- forcing me to risk death for more powerful physical attacks was a welcome change of pace from how I normally play RPGs. I just wish I would have realized what the Boost power did for GFs before I was at the very last boss...

And yeah, Angelo was pretty great.

#14 Edited by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

I spent an extra $2 on the two DLC songs I like, Zeromus and Cosmo Canyon.

Re: My Favorite Song Got Left Out

Welcome to rhythm games!

#15 Posted by Binarynova (150 posts) -

@Lavapotamus said:

Squall's development from "I don't need to rely on anyone ever" to "Alright, I guess people can be okay."

I think that sums up my problem with him as a character. That's not a large enough change to make him interesting to me.

Anyway, back on topic, this game is seriously trying to convince me to purchase a 3DS XL. And then drop $80 on a rhythm game.

Must. Resist.

#16 Posted by wemibelec90 (1662 posts) -

To Zanarkand is there. I'm good.

#17 Posted by Turambar (6784 posts) -

Well, the song list is certainly ripe for a Theatrhythm 2.

#18 Edited by Robaota (145 posts) -

No Rose of May from FFIX? A COLLOSAL FAILURE!

I'm almost certainly buying this game.

#19 Edited by Deathdealer108 (291 posts) -

Anyone else wishing Vivi's Theme was in the list from FFIX? My favorite FF, and my favorite song in that game besides the main theme (The Place I`ll Return to Someday).

#20 Posted by DonChipotle (2760 posts) -

@Robaota said:

No Rose of May from FFIX? A COLLOSAL FAILURE!

I'm almost certainly buying this game.

It is in the game.

It just isn't playable.

#21 Posted by Maajin (1063 posts) -

Really no Aria di Mezzo Carattere? Not even DLC? That's by far the most iconic FF6 song in my opinion... =[

Maybe it is under another name?

#22 Posted by Zealousadonis (133 posts) -

I think most of the songs I enjoy the most on there are DLC, bummer.

These compilation FF games always make me miss my days playing FFXI. The only one I can't really go back and play again :(

#23 Posted by Bane122 (789 posts) -

Bummed about some of the exclusions but there's still a great amount of good stuff here. Were the songs all released at once or are they staggering them?

#24 Posted by Brodehouse (9949 posts) -
@cmblasko

Of course the FF6 Battle song is DLC.

Hah, what I was thinking. Best battle theme in the series.
#25 Posted by Turambar (6784 posts) -
@Deathdealer108 said:

Anyone else wishing Vivi's Theme was in the list from FFIX? My favorite FF, and my favorite song in that game besides the main theme ( The Place I`ll Return to Someday).

Well, at least Vivi himself is in the game.
#26 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

@Maajin said:

Really no Aria di Mezzo Carattere? Not even DLC? That's by far the most iconic FF6 song in my opinion... =[

Maybe it is under another name?

The version of the song called Celes' Theme is the Final Fantasy VI event music.

#27 Posted by EuanDewar (4919 posts) -

The quick look and like ten minutes on YouTube made me realise I think I like the music of these games more than, well, the games

#28 Posted by Fallen189 (5006 posts) -

Kinda weird how there's no way to preview the song

#29 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

Man I'm pretty disappointed with some of the selections for 6 7 and 8. It feels like with 6 they went with the most common songs rather than the most memorable, I want Cyan's Theme and the song from The Veldt. For 7 I guess they went with the crowd pleasers and I can't blame them for that but they're missing some of the best ones. 8 is just severely lacking all around Maybe I'm a Lion please? They did a good job with 10 though. Thanks for posting this!

#30 Posted by Aleryn (704 posts) -

Nice selection, more songs than I was expecting in the retail game. It'd be smart of them to assemble bundle packs at reduced price for themed sets, and if one buys all the DLC at once.

#31 Posted by Hailinel (24778 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Man I'm pretty disappointed with some of the selections for 6 7 and 8. It feels like with 6 they went with the most common songs rather than the most memorable, I want Cyan's Theme and the song from The Veldt. For 7 I guess they went with the crowd pleasers and I can't blame them for that but they're missing some of the best ones. 8 is just severely lacking all around Maybe I'm a Lion please? They did a good job with 10 though. Thanks for posting this!

What's memorable is subjective. Terra's and Celes's Themes are two of the most memorable tracks from the Final Fantasy VI for me. And Dancing Mad is, well...it's Dancing Fucking Mad.

#32 Posted by StarvingGamer (8236 posts) -

I would pay $5 a track if they threw in some Tactics songs.

#33 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

@Hunter5024 said:

What's memorable is subjective. Terra's and Celes's Themes are two of the most memorable tracks from the Final Fantasy VI for me. And Dancing Mad is, well...it's Dancing Fucking Mad.

Well yes I agree. It's the Searching for Friends and Omen selections I'm referring to. Memorable was a poor choice of words, I'm actually just annoyed that square didn't read my mind and select exactly the tracks I wanted. Is it so much to ask for companies to be psychic entities these days?

#34 Posted by Shirogane (3573 posts) -

I find it amusing they didn't include FFX-2 at all, like they're pretending that didn't exist. I kinda want to check this game out, but i'm not willing to get a 3DS to do so.

#35 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4744 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

Oh fuck, why the hell isn't Maybe I'm A Lion in there!?

#36 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda: I know right? 5 songs just isn't enough for that game. It feels like they kind of got into a pattern of "alright each games gotta have its battle theme, overworld theme, airship theme, final battle theme, and one track from a memorable scene" then some of the cool tracks that actually distinguish the games from each other totally got left out.

#37 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4744 posts) -

@Hunter5024 said:

@GunslingerPanda: I know right? 5 songs just isn't enough for that game. It feels like they kind of got into a pattern of "alright each games gotta have its battle theme, overworld theme, airship theme, final battle theme, and one track from a memorable scene" then some of the cool tracks that actually distinguish the games from each other totally got left out.

Actually I really don't like FFVIII, but Maybe I'm A Lion is awesome. Thought you do have a point about the pattern; FFX's Otherworld is missing too.

#38 Posted by Hunter5024 (5682 posts) -

@GunslingerPanda said:

Actually I really don't like FFVIII, but Maybe I'm A Lion is awesome. Thought you do have a point about the pattern; FFX's Otherworld is missing too.

Fair enough. Otherworld is DLC for FFX at least.

#39 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

This really saddens me, they have missed out so many great songs, what a shame. I hope they plan to release more DLC.

#40 Edited by Clairabel (160 posts) -

@Shirogane: That's because Uematsu didn't do the music for FFX-2, hence why it sounds nothing like traditional FF music - shame though, I really enjoyed a lot of the music from FFX-2.

I may as well throw my purse at Square Enix now. There, just take my money.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.