Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 16, 2012

A rhythm combat game based off the the entire Final Fantasy franchise.

Is there anything here for me?

airules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By airules

So I loved Elite Beat Agents (the euphoria of beating the hardest levels remain one of my greatest video game moments) and for that alone I'm pretty intrigued.
    The problem though? I've NEVER played a final fantasy game.
    No particular reason other than it never jumped out. I played and loved Chrono Trigger and have played other jrpgs but no Final Fantasy games.
    Without the nostalgia for the music, is this still a good deal? Does the game stand up on its own? Will the music be entertaining the first time round?
    X

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By galiant

Was Elite Beat Agents all original songs? In that case you'll probably be fine.

TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By TwoLines

Haven't played the game, but I know the music is cool. And it's not the rose tinted glasses talking here, it's a well known fact that Uematsu is a skilled composer.

Ace829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ace829

@airules: It will be tough appreciating the game since this is pretty much a love letter to the fans of the games and the music, but there is a hefty challenge. If you like midi tunes and orchestra then this might be right up your alley. However, I would suggest taking a look at another rhythm game that's coming out on 3DS called Rhythm Thief. That could probably scratch your rhythm game itch and the demo is currently up on the eShop.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Bane122

Well... I mean, did you watch the quick look? Shouldn't that tell you what you need to know? If it looked interesting despite your unfamiliarity with the music, give it a go. Not trying to be a dick but, I just don't really get what else we could tell you.

airules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By airules

I suppose the thing I'm least sure about is if the music is varied enough to be distinct and interesting for someone whose not been exposed to it.
    The quick look was what has made me interested in the game at all.
    Good shout on Rythym Thief Ace829. I'll Dow load the demo and give it a go :)

airules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By airules

Rythym Thief's pretty cool. I like the way the stages have different inputs to keep it interesting. Reviews suggest it doesn't get very hard though. Might pick it up to blast through though

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Turambar
    @airules: There's a thread with the entire track list up.  Grab one or two from each game and go listen to the first 30 seconds on youtube.  That should answer your question.

Songs you should listen to: Decisive Battle, Clash on the Big Bridge, Blinded By Light.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.