Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

Game » consists of 6 releases. Released Feb 16, 2012

A rhythm combat game based off the the entire Final Fantasy franchise.

Is Ultimate Kicking Anyone Else in the Ass?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Turambar

And by ass I mean testicles.  Getting kicked in the testicles hard.  Basic is fairly easy while expert is offers some challenge to the point where I can fail songs if I completely lose the rhythm.  But I haven't managed to make it past a single song on Ultimate so far beyond the one minute mark.  I run into the same issue with Beat Mania where I don't actually know how fast I need to be tapping and slashing because the prompts come up way faster than the previous two difficulties.

Also this game is hurting my wrist way more than D3.  Didn't know that was possible.

liako21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By liako21

Tried using that Kid Icarus stand?

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Turambar
    @liako21 said:

Tried using that Kid Icarus stand?

No idea where mine is actually.  Also discovered that every other ultimate is easier than BMS.
    gouldgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By gouldgonewild

I have a lot of experience playing rhythm games, but I am not having a whole lot of trouble with Ultimate yet. The trick is really all in getting your party set up in a way that they can handle more damage instead of giving out more damage. Unlocked any characters yet? I just finished the yellow crystals.

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Blind_Evil

Yeah, absolutely. I don't think I will ever be good enough for Ultimate, I will have moved on first.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Turambar
    @gouldgonewild said:

I have a lot of experience playing rhythm games, but I am not having a whole lot of trouble with Ultimate yet. The trick is really all in getting your party set up in a way that they can handle more damage instead of giving out more damage. Unlocked any characters yet? I just finished the yellow crystals.

I have 2-5 of pretty much all the crystals.  Just been going through the dark notes without focusing on any particular one.  And setting up pretty much a full cure/protect party definitely helped do the trick for Decisive Battle and Dancing Mad.  Struggling my way through Four Fiends now (that shit is no joke.) I should probably swap out bartz for someone that actually has BMS skills.
    YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By YI_Orange

I've only tried the BMS from FF1 and Dancing Mad on ultimate. FF1 battle killed me, Dancing Mad I got on my first try. I'll just persevere and get better at hard songs, just like an RPG I'll keep my party, even if it's not ideal.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#8  Edited By Hailinel

I'm still a novice at this game and am getting my ass handed to me by the second Dark Note I unlocked.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#9  Edited By StarvingGamer

Is Ultimate easier or harder than the Dark Notes, because the first 5 Dark Notes weren't too bad. I scored an A or S on all of them.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By csl316
    @gouldgonewild

Interesting how reviews tend to point out that the RPG mechanics are worthless, whereas now I'm hearing just the opposite.
    gouldgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By gouldgonewild

@StarvingGamer: I think the number next to the dark note indicates a recommended level for that dark note. They get pretty challenging as they go on. I am not sure yet which is harder...there is some music you only hear in the Chaos Shrine, though which is pretty cool.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Sayishere

Man even expert is hard or me, I failed the first dark note lol :) to be fair been only playing it for an hour and. Half, need some more practice. This game is like my dream, as I'm a huge ff music fan.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Turambar
    @Sayishere said:

Man even expert is hard or me, I failed the first dark note lol :) to be fair been only playing it for an hour and. Half, need some more practice. This game is like my dream, as I'm a huge ff music fan.

Some expert songs are definitely harder than others.  I actually haven't managed to get an A on Seymour's Fight yet to unlock its ultimate mode.  One Winged Angel on the other hand I perfect chained with a full lv 1 party.
    Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Turambar
    @gouldgonewild said:

@StarvingGamer: I think the number next to the dark note indicates a recommended level for that dark note. They get pretty challenging as they go on. I am not sure yet which is harder...there is some music you only hear in the Chaos Shrine, though which is pretty cool.

Some of the music in Dark Notes do actually get unlocked as you get more rhythmia, at intervals of 5k starting at 10k.  But yeah, it does give you a chance to play some OP, ED, and EMS songs as FMS and BMS stages, which is awesome.
    StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#16  Edited By StarvingGamer

I just got my first perfect chain on a dark note, wahoo

Avatar image for secondpersonshooter
    SecondPersonShooter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I guess i'm just awesome at rhythm games, but I haven't gotten anything less than an A on any expert track first run and I can pass most ultimate songs. The ones from FFXIII, specifically the battle theme, are the only ones that I'm having trouble with.

But goddamn I love this game, I've been looking for a great pick-up-and-play game for my 3DS, and this fits the bill perfectly. This game has an infinite amount of things to do between the dark notes and leveling all of the characters.

Blind_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By Blind_Evil

Always weird to me that message board users here and on GameFAQs are the best at every game. More power to you guys, I guess.

WulfBane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By WulfBane

@gouldgonewild said:

Close, but from the dark notes I've unlocked, it looks like the "No. #" you get from the new Dark Note you unlock is based around the level of your leader character. That is until you get to 99. When you defeat a No. 99 Dark Note, you get a low level No. so it looks like you can run more with a new party.

But yeah, the higher the No. #, the harder the Dark Note and I think the greater the rewards. Also, No. 91-99 has a SERIOUSLY F-ed up thing it adds.

No. 91-99 Dark Notes convert some of the swipe notes into rotating swipe notes. They do end up in the same angle that they would be in the regular song, but if you don't remember and you've got a series of swipes at different angles coming in, it can mess you up.

And the "No. #" value isn't unique since when I cleared my No. 99, I got a No. 6 which is the same level as my 2nd Dark Note. Its the Movement # that is the unique ID for the FMS/BMS paring.

As far as scoring tips, you get at 2,000,000 point Stoic bonus if you unequip ALL skills and items from your team. You don't get any of the event moments (Chocobo, summon, or extension), but the score bump means you only need to get at least 5,000,000 points before the Stoic Bonus, you'll have the 7,000,000 for an S rank. Also, there is SS rank for 9,000,000+ scores and a SSS rank for 9,999,999 if you can get an all critical perfect chain with Stoic Bonus.

gouldgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By gouldgonewild

@WulfBane: Thanks for all that information. Will be looking into it. Just to share, I have found that going and playing old Dark Notes is the best way to unlock shards. I have had dark notes where I unlock 3 shards at once.

gouldgonewild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By gouldgonewild

@dudeglove: Hmm, I would say no. But the things that made Jumpin Jack Flash and that other closing song hard in EBA were kinda cheap. The meter going down constantly was a bitch. This game, I never feel cheated out of beating a song.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.