Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Theme Park

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Jan 01, 1994

A management simulation game from Bullfrog in which the goal is to take control of an amusement park and try to make it as successful as possible.

Where is the next Theme Park game?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Hizang

All of this Sims Golf talk has made me want to play Theme Park again, I love Theme Park for the PS1 and the sequel Theme Park World for the PS2. I'm not kidding when I say those games are some of my favourite games of all time. But hey, why was there never any more of these?

I also just found out that the guide is voiced by different people in the US and UK versions.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Levius

Rollercoaster Tycoon is where it's at my friend. But I would take any theme park management game at the moment, and I have a lot a love for the Mega Drive Theme Park.

devilzrule27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By devilzrule27

Rollercoaster Tycoon was amazing. Where is Chris Sawyer now?

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RazielCuts

Also, Theme Hospital! I wonder did the rights for those fold into EA or does Molyneux still own them? Bullfrog represent.

Just saw this on wikipedia -

In August 2009, Electronics Arts was considering revising some of Bullfrog's games for modern-day systems, and in 2011 they signed a deal with Good Old Games in order to do this.

I don't see what GoG would be doing though other than distributing the prior games.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By morningstar

Speaking of Bullfrog, I would give my left nut for a proper Dungeon Keeper sequel.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jimbo

Theme Park Inc. was really good and charming as all hell, and I think it was the last of the proper Theme Park games. It was called SimCoaster in the US.  I liked the Rollercoaster Tycoon games well enough and they're good games, but I found them a bit dry for my taste.

Theme Hospital is mostly great and available on Good Old Games.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Jimbo
    @RazielCuts said:

Also, Theme Hospital! I wonder did the rights for those fold into EA or does Molyneux still own them? Bullfrog represent.

Just saw this on wikipedia -

In August 2009, Electronics Arts was considering revising some of Bullfrog's games for modern-day systems, and in 2011 they signed a deal with Good Old Games in order to do this.

I don't see what GoG would be doing though other than distributing the prior games.

By 'revising' they mean 'making it work on Windows 7'.
    supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By supamon

Yeah watching Ryan playing Simgolf made me really want the new SimCity. They don't do games like that anymore.

D0tti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By D0tti

@Morningstar said:

Speaking of Bullfrog, I would give my left nut for a proper Dungeon Keeper sequel.

Also I LOVED the Theme Park games, played them to death on PC.
    Bevinsky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Bevinsky

Management sims sort of died after the market got saturated with RCT-style "Tycoon" games. I don't think the genre is about to be resuscitated either, that style of game is just not "in" at the moment. I'd love it if it happened, though.

Maybe when shooters and action games get boring.

: I think his game dev career sort of ended when isometric 2D graphics went out of fashion.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By nightriff

@Bevinsky said:

Management sims sort of died after the market got saturated with RCT-style "Tycoon" games. I don't think the genre is about to be resuscitated either, that style of game is just not "in" at the moment. I'd love it if it happened, though.

Maybe when shooters and action games get boring.

Shooters aren't boring yet?

Many memories of playing Sim/Tycoon type games as a kid. Played the shit out of SimCity 2000, 3000, and spent ungodly hours playing the hell out of Rollarcoaster Tycoon. Never heard of these Theme Park games though, maybe I missed out.

Tylea002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Tylea002

I'm a roller coaster tycoon dude. But for either, where the fuck is the next one. I need an RCT4, dammit.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Jadeskye

The time is now for RCT4

davide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By davide

@RazielCuts said:

A revamped Them Hospital would be great and quite topical. You could have gameplay mechanics around medical malpractice (do you directly employ your doctors directly to control them better and increase effectiveness, or hire them as independent contractors to avoid tort claims); drug company kickbacks; and Medicare fraud. If it let you choose between making an elite, Mayo Clinic-type institution or one of those Thailand medical resorts that would be even better.

Ducksworth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Ducksworth
    fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By fattony12000

Total SimWar: Theme Civilization.

JohnLocke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By JohnLocke

I would totally play a new Theme Hospital. Watching Sim Golf made me want to play that but sadly no sites seem to sell it :(

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.