Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

There Came an Echo

Game » consists of 2 releases. Released Feb 24, 2015

There Came an Echo is a squad-based strategy game that relies heavily on voice commands. It was developed by Iridium Studios.

Hey guys, you should check this out.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By JaredA

Iridium Studios is currently running a Kickstarter campaign to finish their new game, There Came an Echo. I really enjoyed Sequence and would like this to be successfully Kickstarted so if you would go check this out and maybe pledge that would be great! Apparently they have Wil Wheaton voice acting one of the main characters.

Also, when you pledge $15 or more you get a Steam code for their first game, Sequence. I already own it so if anyone wants mine just shoot me a PM.

JaredA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By JaredA

Hmm... Guess people weren't that interested. Oh well. I still have that code to give out, if someone wants it.

AssInAss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I loved using the voice recognition in EndWar, looking forward to this.

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By extintor

So this is apparently coming out tomorrow (Feb 24th) on PC (via Steam) but will also eventually end up on Xbox One and PS4.

The aesthetic and reported story focus have me intrigued but I'm less confident about the whole voice activated gameplay elements that are being touted.

http://www.playiridium.com/games

Xaviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@james_hayward: I backed it, and started playing it yesterday. They asked us not to talk about it, but the voice recognition is surprisingly solid. It understands me miles better than siri or google now ever do. The only thing I had to do was turn up the volume on the mic

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

@xaviar: How well does it handle picking up and putting down kitchen implements? Pepper grinders, for instance?

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

kubqo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By kubqo

Voice acting by Will Wheaton and need for Kickstarer somehow does not go together in my head

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By altairre

They gave away a copy to every member of Neogaf who wanted one. I'm really interested in how it turned out and will look into it as soon as possible.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

How well does it handle picking up and putting down kitchen implements? Pepper grinders, for instance?

Too soon.

;)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.