Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Thief

Franchise »

The Thief franchise consists of a series of first-person "sneaker" games, where you play as a master thief named Garrett, in a large sprawling steampunk-medieval metropolis simply known as "the City."

Gonna play the Thief trilogy, any tips or graphic mods?

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've had a gaming PC for a few months now and after the announcement of Thief 4, I decided to buy the first 3 games off GOG and play them.

Right now I only have Thief Gold which is the remastered Thief 1, and I was wondering if any Thief fans around here knew of any mods or had any tips etc.. For all three games, but especially Gold right now.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

OfficeGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By oraknabo

For Gold, you need tfix and for 2 you need tafferpatcher. I don't know of any patches for 3. It has always run fine on my PCs.

The main thing you need to worry about on the first two is better textures and widescreen. Modding anything else will change the games too much.

My tips are to play the first level twice on different difficulties to see where you want to start from. Unlike most other games, Thief doesn't manage difficulty by simply screwing around with the hit point values in the game. It actually adds more requirements to the level and moves some things around in the levels. Expert level takes a lot of patience, but it can be a lot of fun. Also--even if you don't finish Gold--if you like the experience at all, I recommend playing 2. It refines a lot of elements from the first, gets rid of some annoyances and significantly raises the quality of the level design (which is already pretty good in Thief).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.