Leaked Announcement Trailer

#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -
#2 Posted by Subjugation (4719 posts) -

But it's April Fools Day and I can't take anything seriously :(

#3 Posted by jakob187 (21662 posts) -

WHOO HOO! CG TRAILERS! = /

#4 Posted by Weatherking (41 posts) -

Was just gonna post it myself :)

I'm pretty stoked about the look of it, as stoked as your supposed to get by a teaser trailer anyway, can't wait for dat gameplay to leak too :P. Garret looked pretty faithful to how he looks in the other games I think, and though there was a kinda action-y scene (hey that's trailers for ya, amirite?) it seems to me that they hit some of the key point emphasizing stealth and planning. I did notice the voice is not that of Stephen Russell, although it did sound pretty similar. Not a dealbreaker for me but Russell not being involved would also mean there's probably not gonna be any Benny hijinks going on which is the real loss if we're going to be totally honest.

#5 Posted by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

If it plays like Dishonored I'm on bored. Only problem with Dis was the crappy story

#6 Edited by Humanity (9017 posts) -

I'm glad it seems to continue the fiction with him having the mechanical eye and all - but will he have crazy magical glyph powers?

#7 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

That was amazing! It's like, it's like it's another stealth game of the fifty games that came out in the last 8 years where you be all stealthy, except it's Thief which means we're gonna be stealing shit like pros and adopting the darkness. YES!

However... That's not Garret's voice....... shit.

And here. we. go.

#8 Edited by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

It's nice and all, but trailers that don't show any gameplay really don't do anything for me :(

#9 Posted by Toxin066 (3271 posts) -

I thought the "way of life" was a dumb addendum to what he was saying about thievery. Hand snatching the logo at the end was pretty good, thought that was nifty.

Uh...that voice?

#10 Posted by casper_ (903 posts) -

i can't imagine a future where this game doesn't feel exactly like dishonored but whatever there was no gameplay shown so who am i to judge.

#11 Edited by kishinfoulux (2277 posts) -

If it plays like Dishonored I'm on bored. Only problem with Dis was the crappy story

And the fact that it penalized you for playing a certain way and lack of non lethal variety.

Also I'd be interested in some gameplay. Enough of this CG bullshit.

#12 Posted by oraknabo (1457 posts) -

I don't think it will play like Dishonored. The worlds may turn out to be similar, but for gameplay, Thief is about avoiding combat and at least some level of vulnerability, where Dishonored was a stealth superhero revenge power fantasy.

I know they added some bullet-time melee stuff to this one, but it looks like that was just a trade for getting rid of the sword and it's more for distancing yourself from attackers than kicking their asses or straight-up murdering them.

#13 Edited by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Hell yeah!

Dishonored? Thief games don't have teleportation and other fantastical contrivances like that. It is a different sort of thing. Look more to the older Splinter Cell games for parallels to Thief gameplay.

#14 Posted by BeachThunder (11799 posts) -

Thief games don't have teleportation and other fantastical contrivances like that.

Did you play beyond the second level in the original?

#15 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

@beachthunder:

Yeah. I meant teleportation and body possession and such. Unless I am remembering wrong, Thief never went quite that far.

#16 Edited by anywhereilay (144 posts) -

This really reminds me of male perfume adverts, only this actually has relevancy to its product.

#17 Posted by Snail (8593 posts) -

What's with the ESRB rating screen resembling the MPAA "preview" rating screens?

#18 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19321 posts) -

@snail said:

What's with the ESRB rating screen resembling the MPAA "preview" rating screens?

This.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.