Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

This War of Mine

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Nov 14, 2014

A survival-strategy game set in the shadow of a devastating war, This War of Mine examines the impact of war on the civilians, not the soldiers.

That trailer...

Yoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XI_c0lp68RY

I was interested when I saw the teaser back in march, but this one is even more interesting. I'll surely pick this up when it comes out.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Looks fantastic. Those first two quotes are some real eye-rolly stuff though.

Great title too.

Avatar image for do_the_manta_ray
    Do_The_Manta_Ray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Do_The_Manta_Ray

And all of a sudden, this game is on my radar. Incredibly good selection of music for that trailer, really hope the actual game will sport some period-appropriate tunes on the occasions when it isn't being too depressing. I'm half-polish, so I'm obligated to say as much, though.

Loading Video...

Here's the trailer for ease of access.

@theht: Personally, my pet peeve with that trailer was the Polygon quote; "Actually feels like being in a war" I have difficulty putting into words just how much that one annoys me. Call me cynical, but somehow I doubt this gaming journalist is an authority on the desolation and terror of having a war ravage your home, family and morals. And I know, I know, petty stuff to complain about, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Quantris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theht: Personally, my pet peeve with that trailer was the Polygon quote; "Actually feels like being in a war" I have difficulty putting into words just how much that one annoys me. Call me cynical, but somehow I doubt this gaming journalist is an authority on the desolation and terror of having a war ravage your home, family and morals. And I know, I know, petty stuff to complain about, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

You're not wrong; that quote reeks of bad taste & ignorance (though to be fair, I haven't seen it in context so maybe it's better in the actual source, but I sorta doubt it). I don't have direct experience with war (thankfully) but I have friends who do, and it's certainly something that I can't really understand not having been through anything like it.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I had the exact same reaction. This quote really rubbed me the wrong way. Just plain stupid and ignorant. I have no idea what war is like and I pray that I will never know, but it's probably not like sitting in front of a PC in a warm comfy room and playing a videogame

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jesus_Phish

It's not petty at all, that's a really dumb quote.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@quantris said:

@do_the_manta_ray said:

You're not wrong; that quote reeks of bad taste & ignorance (though to be fair, I haven't seen it in context so maybe it's better in the actual source, but I sorta doubt it). I don't have direct experience with war (thankfully) but I have friends who do, and it's certainly something that I can't really understand not having been through anything like it.

@do_the_manta_ray said:

I had the exact same reaction. This quote really rubbed me the wrong way. Just plain stupid and ignorant. I have no idea what war is like and I pray that I will never know, but it's probably not like sitting in front of a PC in a warm comfy room and playing a videogame

Yup, I agree entirely. Such an utterly ridiculous thing to say, about any video game.

Great trailer, though, and I particularly like the art style.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

So it looks exactly like Deadlight which I personally found to be a really great game - so hopefully it's a cool game. I guess it's another Polish developer since it's a Polish song playing throughout that trailer.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By zenmastah

That Polygon quote is really something..

Game looks interesting, ive had my eye on it for awhile now. Love the look of it.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. This looks very interesting. I'll have to keep an eye on this one.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@quantris said:

@do_the_manta_ray said:

I don't think he means "this is how a war feels like in real life". I think what he means to say is "this games makes me feel like I'm part of a believable war".

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

11bit is making it?

Yep. Gotta buy it. Loved Anomaly 1 and 2.

Castiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

That Polygon quote is probably the worst review quote I have ever read. Whoever wrote that is a goddamn idiot.

hugh_jazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@castiel: Here's the article from which that Polygon quote was pulled, in case anyone is interested in getting the context for that quote. I'd say it's a pretty shit title, but the content of the article gives it enough context that you understand what the writer is trying to convey.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
    citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@castiel: Here's the article from which that Polygon quote was pulled, in case anyone is interested in getting the context for that quote. I'd say it's a pretty shit title, but the content of the article gives it enough context that you understand what the writer is trying to convey.

I don't know, I read the article and did not really find justification for that stupid title. From what I can gather, the author thinks the game feels like a real war because it has a really dark story, bad things can happen, kids can die etc..?

I'm all for taking the glory out of war as it is portrayed in a lot of mediums but this game looks really depressing.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.