Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

THQ

Company »

THQ Inc. (Toy Headquarters) was a global American developer and publisher of video games.

THQ Announces Its Own Partner Program

BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By BradNicholson

Left 4 Dead 2 is a game about zombies. Also, EA Partners published it.     
    Red Faction: Guerrilla and Darksiders publisher THQ has announced the launch of a new business unit (or scheme) this morning that appears to be something like EA's co-publishing arm EA Partners. The unit--which will be led by ex-IGA publisher relations VP Tim Walsh--is called THQ Partners, and like EA Partners, THQ aims to provide "select developers and publishers" access to a worldwide publishing pipeline.   

“I’m looking forward to working with a select number of world-class developers and publishers to distribute their great games through our global network," Walsh said in a statement.  

No partnerships under the new unit were announced this morning, but assuming THQ Partners is like EA Partners, we'll see a smattering of both large and small third-party developers eventually join up with THQ in order to get their products into our sweaty hands. EA Partners, for example, has published Valve's uber-successful Left 4 Dead series but it is also poised to put out indie developer Hothead Games downloadable DeathSpank.  

There's nothing too funny about this kind of business, but I did just e-mail Walsh asking what his favorite kind of sandwich is and inquired about his bench press max. I'll let you know when I know. 
    BradNicholson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By BradNicholson

Red Faction: Guerrilla and Darksiders publisher THQ has announced the launch of a new business unit (or scheme) this morning that appears to be something like EA's co-publishing arm EA Partners. The unit--which will be led by ex-IGA publisher relations VP Tim Walsh--is called THQ Partners, and like EA Partners, THQ aims to provide "select developers and publishers" access to a worldwide publishing pipeline.   

“I’m looking forward to working with a select number of world-class developers and publishers to distribute their great games through our global network," Walsh said in a statement.  

No partnerships under the new unit were announced this morning, but assuming THQ Partners is like EA Partners, we'll see a smattering of both large and small third-party developers eventually join up with THQ in order to get their products into our sweaty hands. EA Partners, for example, has published Valve's uber-successful Left 4 Dead series but it is also poised to put out indie developer Hothead Games downloadable DeathSpank.  

There's nothing too funny about this kind of business, but I did just e-mail Walsh asking what his favorite kind of sandwich is and inquired about his bench press max. I'll let you know when I know. 
    CyleMoore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By CyleMoore

ccool

diabloshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By diabloshadow

damnn

LincoIn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By LincoIn

EA Partners has kicked ass so far, glad to see THQ add a little competition to the mix.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Milkman

I really doubt THQ Partners is going to be as successful as EA Partners. Not only is EA about a 10 times larger than THQ, the level of quality in their games is exponentially better than THQ.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
    RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice, THQ has really impressed me in the last year or so.  They've put out really good games and now they're doing this.  Pretty awesome.

renmckormack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By renmckormack

I like the idea of these partner programs.  I am actually very curious about whether there is any collective bargaining ability between THQ and the partner once a company/developer/publicser has become a partner.  Otherwise I guess it is more for startegic reasonas of solidifying IP under a big banner like THQ with the money/size to publicize it etc.  I guess what I am saying when you are a partner are you treated like an employee with benefits or are you still basically a contractor.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
    buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By buzz_killington

THQ does not have the same "reach" as EA, and I doubt that this program will be successful.

Bionicicide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Bionicicide

Always got to have the fallback guy.

Blueblur1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Blueblur1

"Business unit (or scheme)"

LOL. Nice one, Nicholson.

MeatSim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#11  Edited By MeatSim

These are the most important questions you should ask everyone really. Whats their favorite sandwich and how much do they bench.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.