THQ Auction Results

• 64 results
#51 Posted by cutyoface (547 posts) -

It's a damn shame that Volition went to such a horrible publisher.

#52 Posted by FakeKisser (352 posts) -

@Winternet said:

@Abendlaender said:

What the hell is Evolve? 11 Mio? That's half of Volition and I've never heard of it

Evolve was apparently a Turtle Rock game.

I heard it was a co-op multiplayer action game, but I'm not sure if that's confirmed.

#53 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2490 posts) -

I thought Homefront would be worth a lot for than $500k honestly.

#54 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4850 posts) -

@kuz101 said:

Sorry, but I don't get the hate for Volition going to Deep Silver. They can market a game. Dead Island was marketed so that it became a franchise for them. It may have been misleading and the recent Dead Island muck up was pretty bad, but it seems like Deep Silver is making a go at becoming a more major player.

Which sounds an awful lot like how THQ made a go of being a AAA developer with the Saints Row 2 release, doesn't it?

I think the only reason people are upset about Deep Silver is because they exemplify the DGAF attitude that is essential to letting Volition do their thing. With Dead Island Riptide and now METRO: Last Light and The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise (plus who the hell knows what else Volition might be working on), this definitely paints Deep Silver in a position to make a real go at being a major publisher.

#55 Posted by Tits_Matador (121 posts) -

Hopefully Sega having the Warhammer Fantasy license makes it easier to convince Games Workshop to continue working with Relic.

#56 Posted by Slag (4615 posts) -

depressing outcomes all around

#57 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

I'm extremely please with what happened to Relic. Sega's doing a pretty damn good job with Creative Assembly, so I'm very much looking forward to what's in the pipes.

#58 Edited by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@Oldirtybearon said:

@kuz101 said:

Sorry, but I don't get the hate for Volition going to Deep Silver. They can market a game. Dead Island was marketed so that it became a franchise for them. It may have been misleading and the recent Dead Island muck up was pretty bad, but it seems like Deep Silver is making a go at becoming a more major player.

Which sounds an awful lot like how THQ made a go of being a AAA developer with the Saints Row 2 release, doesn't it?

I think the only reason people are upset about Deep Silver is because they exemplify the DGAF attitude that is essential to letting Volition do their thing. With Dead Island Riptide and now METRO: Last Light and The Next Great Sequel in the Saints Row Franchise (plus who the hell knows what else Volition might be working on), this definitely paints Deep Silver in a position to make a real go at being a major publisher.

my biggest problem is that they seem to have no sense of taste.

saints row had giant rubber dildo's and it was more tasteful than deep silver's marketing.

#59 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@Oldirtybearon said:

@kuz101 said:

my biggest problem is that they seem to have no sense of taste.

saints row had giant rubber dildo's and it was more tasteful than deep silver's marketing campaign.

I hope your realize what you said is nothing to object to... right?

They don't give a fuck.

@Tits_Matador said:

Hopefully Sega having the Warhammer Fantasy license makes it easier to convince Games Workshop to continue working with Relic.

I think it will but they probably want to work with Relic anyways.

I'd be SHOCKED if they didn't keep doing 40k games at Relic.

@No0b0rAmA said:

I'm extremely please with what happened to Relic. Sega's doing a pretty damn good job with Creative Assembly, so I'm very much looking forward to what's in the pipes.

Same here. I have been suggesting it for a while but can't believe it actually happened. It's perfect.

Those who are down on it I believe don't have any idea what they are talking about.

#60 Posted by Animasta (14712 posts) -

@ArtisanBreads: what I'm saying is that I'm worried they'll make the next marketing campaign for saints row really terrible

#61 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

@Animasta said:

@ArtisanBreads: what I'm saying is that I'm worried they'll make the next marketing campaign for saints row really terrible

Saints Row the Third had terrible marketing. Remember "Strap it On"? it was even on the box. So fucking dumb. Everyone wrote the game off before release because of that.

Couldn't get worse and I hope they put some more cash and advertising behind going forward.

#62 Posted by Dalai (7040 posts) -

It sounds like Darksiders 3 is never going to happen. I'm a little disappointed.

#63 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2259 posts) -

I'm surprised that Deep Silver is now the publisher and owner of Saints Row/Volition and Metro, was Activision or EA even there for the auction not that I'd want them as publishers anyway.

#64 Posted by WickedCobra03 (2109 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

Ha, Deep Silver. That's such a big fat bummer that I can't do anything but laugh.

Dead Island isn't bad, but it wasn't incredibly great either like Saints Row 3. Yeah, I am glad Relic is going to Sega. Sega has been doing alright by its PC crowd for some years now. Vigil, that sucks. Bought Darksiders 1 like a year ago for somewhat cheap and didn't get around to playing it until this Christmas, but still enjoying the heck out of it right now. Kind of makes me sad playing a game right at the moment when the company just got disbanded so recently.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.