THQ auction today

• 110 results
#101 Posted by jjm494 (84 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@jjm494: Totally. Also am I gonna be boo'ed from the room if I say I'd love something focused on the Tau? Maybe another Fire Warrior, but good this time? Tau are what got me interested in 40K in the first place. I love Space Commies.

Nah, I don't mind the space commies. They have some pretty interesting fire power. I wouldn't mind seeing a good Fire Warrior game provided it didn't take away from the chance of a Space Marine 2. I'd like to see more of the Tau in the strategy games going forward. I thought they were an interesting faction in Dark Crusade.

#102 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3906 posts) -
#103 Posted by BillyTheKid (486 posts) -

Be positive guys. Everyone knows Nintendo will buy them out.

But really, I hope someone like Microsoft picks them up, and keeps all the guys there and does not change anything for the worse.

#104 Posted by jjm494 (84 posts) -

@TheSouthernDandy said:

@jjm494: Totally agree. I like how they're kinda the only "good" guys in the universe. And those Crisis Suits are so rad.

Apparently Alex Peters, the head of Relic studios has hired on at Activision.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/1/22/3905408/former-relic-studio-head-moves-to-activision

Not sure what, if anything, it means for Relic until more info comes out.

So that did turn out to be true. Well regardless, the success or failure of a study is not dictated by one individual.

#105 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2497 posts) -

Saints Row is definitely going to EA. Darksiders and Waner Bros sounds plausible. Relic will be owned by me so we can make that Impossible Creatures reboot I've always wanted.

#106 Posted by Abendlaender (2838 posts) -

A german Website, GamersGlobal, reports that Sega bought Relic and Company of Heroes for 26 Mio, Crytek bought Homefront for 500.000 (lol), and Koch Media bought the "Evolve" IP for 5,2 Mio. Never heard of Evolve, even Giantbomb doesn't list it but apparently it is (was?) developed by Turtle Rock.

It's still nothing official, just "trusted sources" and well....it's the internet. However it would make some sense so....

?

(I obviously stole this from NeoGaf cause I'm far to stupid to make something like this)

#107 Edited by Superfriend (1570 posts) -

@Abendlaender said:

A german Website, GamersGlobal, reports that Sega bought Relic and Company of Heroes for 26 Mio, Crytek bought Homefront for 500.000 (lol), and Koch Media bought the "Evolve" IP for 5,2 Mio. Never heard of Evolve, even Giantbomb doesn't list it but apparently it is (was?) developed by Turtle Rock.

It's still nothing official, just "trusted sources" and well....it's the internet. However it would make some sense so....

?

(I obviously stole this from NeoGaf cause I'm far to stupid to make something like this)

Yeah, 500.000 for Homefront sounds.. weird? I guess they have already started on Homefront 2 and don´t want to turn it into "generic military fps XX", even though it will most likely turn out just like that even with the Homefront name attached.

As for Koch Media: I read that they were also trying to get Volition and of course the Saints Row IP.. now, I don´t know about Koch Media- but I´ll take anything over EA owning Volition. It´s just a couple of twitter posts like this one: https://twitter.com/VancouverTim/status/293869241290063872 and there´s a news item up on gamefront.de, but it doesn´t look like anything is final yet.

#108 Posted by altairre (1217 posts) -

Saints Row to Koch Media? I don't like that at all, hell I'd rather have EA owning Voltion.

#109 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

@Abendlaender: I'll just go ahead and blindly believe that rumor because that's the best possible outcome for Relic.

#110 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

The auction is still ongoing, so the sales hearing was pushed to 3pm EST. We'll know everything by then.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.