Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

THQ

Company »

THQ Inc. (Toy Headquarters) was a global American developer and publisher of video games.

THQ is officially bankrupt

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By iamjohn

It's just breaking so there's not much to report, but...

Shares of video game maker THQ (THQI) have been halted pending a news announcement. The stock had been down 16 cents, or almost 12%, at $1.22 before the halt.

Update: THQ announced it has filed for bankruptcy, according to wire service headlines just now out.

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=193104

I think we all knew this was coming, but I gotta say, I'm surprised it happened so quickly after the Humble THQ Bundle seemed to do alright by them. Of course, this may not be the end and they could emerge from bankruptcy in an okayish place (lord knows it worked for Majesco somehow), but let's be honest - this is probably the end for THQ as an independent, autonomous company.

But I come to celebrate, not to bury. What's your favorite THQ-based memory? For my part, I could never hate the company that gave us WCW vs. nWo: Revenge.

EDIT: Aw hell, the other topic didn't exist while I was writing this. Pack it up, folks; nothing to see here.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.