Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

THQ

Company »

THQ Inc. (Toy Headquarters) was a global American developer and publisher of video games.

Warning Sign #183: THQ Threatened With NASDAQ Delisting

• 110 results
    Taefarinas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#101  Edited By Taefarinas

@guynamedbilly: I'm sure this is overly simplistic since I haven't taken any preferred stock into account, but at a quick glance: 68.38 mil outstanding shares currently trading at $0.67 = $45.81 mil

That's a lot of money to lend when your stock is being threatened with delisting.

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By Zabant

@wafflez said:

@aurahack said:

@Zabant said:

@Kevin_Cogneto said:

@Demoskinos said:

Man. I don't want THQ to go under.... No more saints row! =(

@Arker101 said:

So much for Saints Row 4.

Yup, because we all know that was the end of Mortal Kombat, NFL Blitz and NBA Jam when Midway Games went under.

it would still dismantle the dev team and take years to reform them at another studio, if at all. And who says some of them don't cut losses to go join another company after the success of SR3?

If anything is to happen to THQ, Volition will be the first studio (and possibly only) to make it out alive. They're made enough quality games to easily get picked up by, say, EA or Square/Eidos immediately after the company closes doors.

especially after selling millions of copies of SR3.. no one would want that franchise!

Ok, you guys are right, volition probably would stay mostly intact and get snatched up by a savvy publisher. The IP however still belongs to THQ (i think) and there is no guarantee the new publisher would also spend money for that IP. I mean, why bother when they can buy volition and have them make a crazy open world game using one of their own IP's and simply stick "FROM THE MAKERS OF SAINTS ROW THE THIRD" on it. If nothing fits they could just have them make an new IP all together. I'm sure volition would be very interested in that if the stipulation that the IP belongs to them (ala activision-bungie style) is thrown into the bargain.

The saints row the fourth that WE want still may be in jeopardy of never getting made because of this THQ debacle

SASFalcon119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By SASFalcon119

I hope this doesn't mean Homeworld and Freespace die as well...

That and DoW of course...

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
    fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#104  Edited By fenixrevolution

How much money would it take to buy the controlling stake in THQ? As a group we could turn this around!

xshinobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#105  Edited By xshinobi

I hope this doesn't hurt Darksiders 2 release.

djames216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#106  Edited By djames216

Here's a wierd thing: Just checked my email and have recieved a THQ marketing newsletter that I have never recieved before, ever. In the context of this news article it almost seems like a sign of desperation on their part.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
    deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Xshinobi said:

I hope this doesn't hurt Darksiders 2 release.

...and if it does my gaming year will be ruined.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#108  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I had no idea that THQ were in such trouble. I hope those guys can sort themselves out before they go belly up.

Rolyatkcinmai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By Rolyatkcinmai

@TorMasturba said:

When's Darksiders 2 out? if that's soon then they should be okay to stay in the NASDAQ's.

EDIT: Nearest I can find to actual release date info is that it's either been pushed back to being released in Q2 of 2012, or it was originally being released in Q2 2012 and it's been pushed back since that release date announcement.

Really sucks, I may not like all of their videogame offerings but they do release some truly awesome games.

Darksiders 2 is a niche game that will not help their financials much.

mzuckerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#110  Edited By mzuckerm

Certainly not a good sign that the valuation of the stock continues to decline, but I'm not sure if this is as big a deal as people are making it out to be. If they want to avoid being delisted, all they have to do is do a reverse stock split. For example, they could trade investors 1 share of stock for their current 10 shares of stock. The total ownership percentage/value owned by each customer stays the same, but stock price would be multiplied by 10 at that point. I think ETrade did that a couple years ago.

The bigger concern is that the whole company is valued at like $50 million, which is less than the real value of a single good game's IP. Seems to me like a good opportunity for a larger company to swoop in and buy up whatever's valuable at bargain prices.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.