Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Jun 08, 2009

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 is the latest edition of the perennial golf series, brought to you by EA Sports and EA Tiburon. The Wii version can be played with the Motion Plus adapter, while the 360 and PS3 versions utilize analog sticks for club control.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10: Wii

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

Edited By Claude
    IGN has a hands-on preview article up for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the Wii. Here's a video.

This section of the article caught my attention: From IGN

One interesting note is that while PGA Tour 10 is set to ship this June, that doesn't necessarily mean the same is true of the MotionPlus peripheral. Now that I've played Tiger with all of this added control precision, I don't ever want to go back to the old Wii standard, but gamers who don't access to the MotionPlus add-on can still enjoy the title without it. "When the Wii MotionPlus is released, you can pick one up and it will work with your copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10," says Shenkman.

Well... it seems Nintendo is the evil king again, kidding, but EA is releasing Wii Motion Plus compatible games even if Nintendo is sandbagging or whatnot. I still think this years version of Tiger Woods for the Wii will be the quintessential golfing experience. Now come on Nintendo... do your part, June can't get here fast enough.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Claude
    IGN has a hands-on preview article up for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 for the Wii. Here's a video.

This section of the article caught my attention: From IGN

One interesting note is that while PGA Tour 10 is set to ship this June, that doesn't necessarily mean the same is true of the MotionPlus peripheral. Now that I've played Tiger with all of this added control precision, I don't ever want to go back to the old Wii standard, but gamers who don't access to the MotionPlus add-on can still enjoy the title without it. "When the Wii MotionPlus is released, you can pick one up and it will work with your copy of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10," says Shenkman.

Well... it seems Nintendo is the evil king again, kidding, but EA is releasing Wii Motion Plus compatible games even if Nintendo is sandbagging or whatnot. I still think this years version of Tiger Woods for the Wii will be the quintessential golfing experience. Now come on Nintendo... do your part, June can't get here fast enough.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

I would like to try out Wii Sports Resort with the motion plus.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Evil king? Yeah, I'm sure they delay its release just to piss off EA, it has nothing to do with if it's actually ready to ship (in volumes) or not. Anyway, hope the game is improved over the last one's flaws even without M+ but either it's likely a must buy after M+ is out.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Endogene

O wow just looked at that video and that was absolutely amazing, can't wait for motion plus to come out. Ha I am actually excited for a golf game.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Claude
    Al3xand3r said:
    "Evil king? Yeah, I'm sure they delay its release just to piss off EA, it has nothing to do with if it's actually ready to ship (in volumes) or not. Anyway, hope the game is improved over the last one's flaws even without M+ but either it's likely a must buy after M+ is out."
    Sorry, I was trying to be cute. I'm just mad because I want M+ and Wii Sports Resort.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Al3xand3r

Your comment (Endogene) made me watch it too and now I agree :P
    It's not exactly 1:1 and they don't seem to fully exploit it (then anyone who doesn't play golf wouldn't be able to play this) but it's close enough.

DBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By DBoy

If they release NHL 10 on the Wii using that MotionPlus thing, and that it actually works good, I'm getting it for sure.
    Not interested in golf however.

Marzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Marzy

I may get this, It's looking like the perfect golfing experience with Motion Plus.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

I posted this in the Wii Forum. Looks great, I'm really liking how these controls look.

It could be the best golf game ever, it looks like it.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Endogene
    Linkyshinks said:
    "I posted this in the Wii Forum. Looks great, I'm really liking how these controls look. It could be the best golf game ever, it looks like it."
    The best golf game ever wold be a sequel to this using motion plus.
    TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By TheJollyRajah

Hey, that looks pretty cool. I'm hoping the motion plus thing will be used for more games, because the Wiimote should of worked this way from the very beginning.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks

It looks great

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

giyanks22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By giyanks22

It looks really good...
    It would be a hell of a lot better if Tiger Woods' wife was in the game lol...she is fine as hell.

Brandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14  Edited By Brandy

I'm not a golf fan but I hope it turns out great for your sake.

Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15  Edited By Xandurson

The MotionPlus concept seems really interesting. Could it save the Wii? Me thinks so.

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By RenegadeSaint

MotionPlus should be my trigger to finally buy a Wii.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac

This and Grand Slam Tennis are gonna rock. I'm more excited for Tennis, because I like the more frantic sports, but this should be a blast as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.