This game could've been amazing.

#1 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

does anyone remember how good TimeSplitters 2 was? playing with 4 of your friends splitscreen? it was like Goldeneye all over again. TimeSplitters 4 could've been one of the best online games of this generation.

i really hope that it still gets made.

#2 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
#3 Edited by OroJackson (680 posts) -

*press nostalgia button*

Awww yes, I spent many a day Time Splitters 2 with my cousin and a couple other of my friends, probably one of the funnest, most complete experiences in my time in gaming.

Too bad it probably got canned

#4 Posted by ZombieJesus (231 posts) -
Hitchenson said:
"

Y... You mean there is a chance it won't?! Why?! WHY?! D:

"
Free Radical closed
#5 Posted by Megalon (1392 posts) -
ZombieJesus said:
"Hitchenson said:
"

"
Free Radical closed
"
Yeah, that will probably close the door on it.

Also, you listen to Justice I assume, ZombieJesus?
#6 Posted by ZombieJesus (231 posts) -
Megalon said:
"ZombieJesus said:
"Hitchenson said:
"

"
Free Radical closed
"
Yeah, that will probably close the door on it.

Also, you listen to Justice I assume, ZombieJesus?"
I do indeed good sir.
#7 Posted by Thunder (390 posts) -

Timesplitters 2 was one of the best games i ever played i really hope this gets made

#8 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

crytek bought free radical!!! there is hope!

#9 Posted by Optiow (1745 posts) -

Yeah it would have been great, I was a great fan of Timesplitters 2 and 3 and I know that 4 would have been good.

#10 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

There is hope for it to be bigger and better than ever, and that Crytek could totally fuck it up by making it not as humorous.

If they touch any monkeys, I swear to god . . .
#11 Edited by jakob187 (21788 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"There is hope for it to be bigger and better than ever"
......you're trying to make this easy, aren't you?
#12 Posted by WilliamRLBaker (4779 posts) -

Not really, I remember golden eye being that then i remember playing time splitters 1 and it being golden eye again in a different package, the same with 2 and 3 I hope if they release 4 its actually different instead of trying to recapture what golden eye n64 was.

#13 Posted by Lashe (1266 posts) -

TimeSplitters 2 was, and still in many cases is, my all-time fave FPS. In fact, I think I'll go buy a copy today if I can now that I have my PS2 hooked back up.

If Crytek have bought Free Rad though, does this mean that company David Doak was going to set up is being forgotten about?

As in will Doak and the bulk of the Free Radical team still work there with the new Crytek buyover?

#14 Posted by Lashe (1266 posts) -

Thanks to this thread, I went out today and purchased TS2 and Future Perfect again.

I must admit I was really harsh on TS3 before; the hud changes you can make to that game was actually really useful. Non-moving crosshairs, etc. Brings the game very much into the field of the newer fps games... I'm hooked. Again.

#15 Posted by RoboRobb (1055 posts) -

Timesplitters 2 was incredible. VIrus multiplayer mode was the best ;)

#16 Posted by PCWV (104 posts) -

TS3 wrapped up prety perfectly, with all of the devistation reverting back to green fields and such there would be no call for timesplitters 4 as there would be no story for it!

#17 Posted by iAmJohn (6141 posts) -

Jesus Christ, why did you bump this retardedly old thread?

#18 Posted by Rockdalf (1293 posts) -

Oh god, here comes the pain.  And the tears, my lord the tears.

#19 Edited by wolf_blitzer85 (5303 posts) -

Hey who was all for creating seizure inducing hallways/rooms in the editor?

Flashing lights and broken scripts everywhere man. It was great.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.