Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titan Quest

Game » consists of 7 releases. Released Jun 26, 2006

Titan Quest is an Action-RPG set in ancient Greece, Egypt, and Asia filled with creatures and characters from both history and myth. The gameplay is heavily reminiscent of the Diablo series.

Steam Weekend Deal - Titan Quest Gold Edition - $9.99

thebeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By thebeast

Steam is offering the Titan Quest Gold Edition (Titan Quest + Immortal Throne expansion) for a bargain $9.99 this weekend. Take a look.

They've also added a bunch of THQ game packs including the rather epic looking THQ Collector Pack containing more games than you'll ever have the time to play for $99.99.

Enjoy!
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

Everyone needs to buy this game.  It's one of my favorites and $10 is a steal!  I thought $20 was a good deal...but wow.  I have well over 100 hours into TQ and I've only ever used one character!

Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By Forcen

I'm going to download the demo, se if the game is for me.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Hamz

I suppose i better buy and download this or MB will never forgive me. If its good enough for Dave Snider then its good enough for me too.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By OmegaPirate

Good catch -may as well add ANOTHER game to my steam account

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By MisterSpiffy

Oh my God.  They need to fix my Steam account...NOW.  I would definitely pick this up, but unfortunately, my Steam account's game aren't showing up at all.  Do you guys think it'll still work if I purchase it now?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7  Edited By kush

I'm usually not a fan of buying digital copies of games...but I may have to do it this time based on all the MB love, not to mention the fact that I have really been ridiculously lazy at picking up a physical copy of the game.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By OmegaPirate
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "Oh my God.  They need to fix my Steam account...NOW.  I would definitely pick this up, but unfortunately, my Steam account's game aren't showing up at all.  Do you guys think it'll still work if I purchase it now?"
    Any idea why? you should probably Call them about that buddy :(
    Forcen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By Forcen
    MisterSpiffy said:
    "Oh my God.  They need to fix my Steam account...NOW.  I would definitely pick this up, but unfortunately, my Steam account's game aren't showing up at all.  Do you guys think it'll still work if I purchase it now?"
    try to log in on https://store.steampowered.com/login/ and your games should be on a list there, and you can buy the game without using the steam client. i think its your steam installation that is the problem and not your account.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mike
    Kush said:
    "I'm usually not a fan of buying digital copies of games...but I may have to do it this time based on all the MB love, not to mention the fact that I have really been ridiculously lazy at picking up a physical copy of the game."

Do it dude!  Hamz is going to get it tomorrow, and TheBeast just bought a copy.  We'll all play co-op together, I'll start a new character.
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    OmegaPirate said:
    "MisterSpiffy said:
    Any idea why? you should probably Call them about that buddy :("
    Forcen said:
    "MisterSpiffy said:
    try to log in on https://store.steampowered.com/login/ and your games should be on a list there, and you can buy the game without using the steam client. i think its your steam installation that is the problem and not your account."
    Yeah, I've contacted Steam Support, but they're taking a LONG time.  Forcen, I'll definitely check that out.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By mike

I'm definitely not bumping this because I love TQ and want as many people to get in on this deal as possible...

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By DJ_Lae

I bought it last night - I expect it'll come out to $14 or whatever the exchange rate is at the moment. Played an hour or so of Titan Quest itself, figuring the expansion would finish downloading in the background, but I guess Steam decided to pause it so I'll have to wait half an hour after work today. D'oh.

Seems fun enough for the price, and my laptop runs it beautifully at 1920x1200.

Anyone have any suggestions on starting character classes? I went warfare with my first chick, but it doesn't seem quite as interesting as I expected, and the set of skills isn't as broad as the Barbarian in Diablo 2.

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Lunarbunny
    MisterSpiffy said:
    Try closing Steam, renaming your ClientRegistry.blob file [to something like Backup_ClientRegistry.blob] in ../Program Files/Steam/ and restarting Steam. It will force Steam to rebuild it and fixes a lot of problems that can happen with Steam. If that works, you can just delete the renamed backup file.

I bought the game, probably end up playing with MB and Hamz.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Absurd
    MB said:
    "I'm definitely not bumping this because I love TQ and want as many people to get in on this deal as possible..."
    I would buy it but  I dont have a Paypal account and I don't feel like going to the store >.>
    MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MisterSpiffy
    Lunarbunny said:
    "MisterSpiffy said:
    Try closing Steam, renaming your ClientRegistry.blob file [to something like Backup_ClientRegistry.blob] in ../Program Files/Steam/ and restarting Steam. It will force Steam to rebuild it and fixes a lot of problems that can happen with Steam. If that works, you can just delete the renamed backup file.

I bought the game, probably end up playing with MB and Hamz."
    Didn't work.  I'll just wait for Steam support.  Thanks anyways.
    DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DJ_Lae

Holy crap - is this game hard or do I just suck? I'm level 9 now, went Warfare/Defense and I've put most of my points into dual-wield and the various innate abilities (mostly dodging and faster attack speed) and the huge cyclops Polyphemus keeps fucking me up. The healing potions I buy can't heal me as fast as he can hurt me and I have no abilities that allow for anything other than running straight in swinging my axes all over the place. Either I'm rushing through the game faster than I should be and not leveling up properly, or Warfare/Defense just sucks ass.

He reminds me of the worm/insect boss for Act 2 in Diablo when playing as the Barbarian, which was also ridiculously hard due to you being forced to square off him in melee combat (except Polyphemus gains all his health back when you warp away or die).

Good game otherwise, though. I might start over and respec.

NinjaSquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By NinjaSquirrel

I'll get the demo, and see if it's a good game. I'll probably end up buying it though.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

I bought titan quest ages ago for £2 in the bargain bin, but haven't gotten around to playing it yet.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By mike
    DJ_Lae said:
    "Holy crap - is this game hard or do I just suck? I'm level 9 now, went Warfare/Defense and I've put most of my points into dual-wield and the various innate abilities (mostly dodging and faster attack speed) and the huge cyclops Polyphemus keeps fucking me up. The healing potions I buy can't heal me as fast as he can hurt me and I have no abilities that allow for anything other than running straight in swinging my axes all over the place. Either I'm rushing through the game faster than I should be and not leveling up properly, or Warfare/Defense just sucks ass.

He reminds me of the worm/insect boss for Act 2 in Diablo when playing as the Barbarian, which was also ridiculously hard due to you being forced to square off him in melee combat (except Polyphemus gains all his health back when you warp away or die).

Good game otherwise, though. I might start over and respec."

Warfare/Defense is a beast - I have a level 59 Conqueror right now, it's the only character I've ever played.  You should really drop dual wield and be using a shield - that's what defense is all about.  Trust me on this.  All of the passive shield skills act like a double hit whenever they proc - which means like every 4 or 5 swings out of 10, I'm doing double damage to at least one enemy and usually more.  Make sure you invest in passive shield skills and have a shield with as high a block percentage as possible.  I could take the time to list out good skills if you want...I don't have time but I could do it later. 

Skill points - put two points into Strength for every one point into Dexterity and ignore the rest for now.  Putting points into health is a waste.

From Warfare, you should be:
    Putting most points into your Warfare mastery at first, this gives you stats and allows you to also use better equipment while increasing your survivability.
    Max out Onslaught as quickly as possible and map it to your left mouse button - that's your default attack for the rest of the game.
    Put one point into Battle Rage and nothing more.  It only activates 5% of the time no matter how many points you have invested in it, and the slight damage bonus may be nice at level 10 but it will soon become worthless.
    Max out Weapon Training when you can - your DPS goes through the roof with the attack speed bonus and offensive ability.
    Max out both Dodge Attack and Ignore Pain, eventually...between these two skills you'll be taking 40% less damage than you are now - and that's without anything from Defense
    A point or two in War Horn can get you out of sticky situations - it stuns every enemy around you, and trust me, at most times in the game you will have 5-6 enemies beating on you or more.
    Max out Battle Standard eventually - it's a great tool for fighting large groups of tough enemies, and especially useful for bosses.

From Defense, you should be:
    Max out the entire Battle Awareness tree as soon as you can.  It's all passive and grants some nice defensive bonuses
    Max out all of the shield skills in the right column - Armor Handling, Shield Smash, Disable, and Pulverize.  That's the key to a good Conqueror build - using your shield to inflict damage.
    Max out Quick Recovery - it's on a cooldown but if you're in trouble, this skill can make you a virtually impenetrable wall of ass kicking.  I take about 75% less damage when this is up.
    Colossus Form is also good later on for killing bosses.  Colossus Form + Battle Standard + Quick Recovery + Battle  Awareness means most bosses die in seconds and they can barely do scratch you.

I hope this helps.  Don't give up on Conqueror!  It's one of the strongest classes in the game.
    DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DJ_Lae

Awesome, I'll have to check out those skills when I get home. I think I've been following them for the most part - things like weapon training, dodge attack and ignore pain were some of my first picks, although I didn't touch onslaught as the description didn't make it sound overly useful.

I also haven't put anything in defense yet as I've only had a couple of levels since getting my second class. I think that's part of my problem with Polyphemus - I'm just too low a level to solo him.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22  Edited By kush

Still no luck with creating a Steam account here...Steam hates me.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mike
    DJ_Lae said:
    "Awesome, I'll have to check out those skills when I get home. I think I've been following them for the most part - things like weapon training, dodge attack and ignore pain were some of my first picks, although I didn't touch onslaught as the description didn't make it sound overly useful.

I also haven't put anything in defense yet as I've only had a couple of levels since getting my second class. I think that's part of my problem with Polyphemus - I'm just too low a level to solo him."

Yeah...Onslaught should be the first thing you invest points into.  Max it out before touching anything else.  Also - don't be afraid to hit and run, especially against bosses.  If you find yourself taking too much damage, simply run away until you can heal up and get back into the fight.  Most bosses won't be able to keep up with you anyway - and sometimes you can run away from them enough where they go back to their home position, but their health doesn't go back to full. 
    OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By OGCartman

Thanks for bringing this to our attention TheBeast.
    Iv always wanted to try this game out, it looks absolutely amazing!
    Gonna try it out tomorow, hope to see you guys online :)

Especially you MB and HamZ, your punk asses are mine! >:D

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zityz

I bought TQ when it first came out at normal PC price, was worth every penny and then sum. It's unfortunate what happend to Iron Lore, I really wanted another exspansion pack.

Also cant remember what combo it is i think its Dream/Defence, but when done right it's next to impossible to die.

Fade2Gray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By Fade2Gray

This game is absolutely awesome. Anyone who doesn't take advantage of this deal is a... is a... well, a not very smart person!

On a side note, here is some shameless pimping for a couple of pages I've spent all together too much time editing...

If you aren't sure what Titan Quest and Immortal Throne are all about here are links to their pages so that you don't have to go through all that effort of clicking and typing to find them on your own. *geez, Do I have to do everything for you people!? =P*

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DJ_Lae
    MB said:
    Yeah...Onslaught should be the first thing you invest points into.  Max it out before touching anything else.  Also - don't be afraid to hit and run, especially against bosses.  If you find yourself taking too much damage, simply run away until you can heal up and get back into the fight.  Most bosses won't be able to keep up with you anyway - and sometimes you can run away from them enough where they go back to their home position, but their health doesn't go back to full. "
    I hit level 18 last night and haven't had much of a problem with anything for a while - Onslaught solved a lot of my problems and boosting my damage resistance and dodge chance seem to take the edge off the big hits from bosses. Even the final two bosses of Act I fell without me dying or having to warp back for more potions in town, which was an awesome feeling.

I've also found a number of rare armor and weapons, which are great for boosting damage too. I did fail to grasp the concept of runes initially and sold off a lot I could have used to complete the recipes I have, so I've been slowly building them back up - and I'll probably have to backtrack to farm thing like bat fangs, if the recipe is even useful at this point.

I never did kill the cyclops, though, so maybe I should jump back there and pummel him to death just for the sake of it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.