Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titan Souls

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

Titan Souls is a top-down boss rush game where you play as a hero trying to defeat large and powerful monsters.

Hard or unfair?

Slowpork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey there! I've just rage quit on the Truth boss, also known as the any% end boss. After about 70 deaths I threw in the towel because having the reaction ability to pull the bow, dodge ground flares, dodge the enemy arrow and at the same time hit the enemy with your own arrow within a 1 second window seems insanely unfair.

Is this really a good design choice to prolong the game's length by making it unnecessarily unfair? The game never game me room for error in previous boss battles but this seems to be in a whole another level.

Other games on this topic might be Super Meat Boy where every error felt as your own and not the game messing with you. I can honestly say that it was a long time ago I rage quit a game but Titan Souls got the better of me. I just don't see a good design choice in making a game insanely hard to the point where the player feels like it's unfair.

For context: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gox-A1_9_mE

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.