Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titan Souls

Game » consists of 5 releases. Released Apr 14, 2015

Titan Souls is a top-down boss rush game where you play as a hero trying to defeat large and powerful monsters.

Who else is excited for Titan Souls?

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By sagesebas

Titan Souls comes out in around a month and I haven't heard too much press on it. I'm super excited for a game like this, and the shadow of colossus inspiration, with having a one hit kill and tough enemies. Who else is excited?

What do you hope it has? For me it's an interesting story

fatalbanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fatalbanana

Patrick played this on one of his worth playing segments, it started as a flash game I believe. It looked neat gameplay wise. I wouldn't mind checking the actual release out and see whats changed. It definitely seemed interesting.

Edit: I found the video if your interested.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
    SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Super excited! Surprised there hasn't been much buzz because when it first was announced people were getting pretty hype about it, if I recall correctly.

sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

TJK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By TJK

I will keep my eye on it. I vaguely remember Patrick bringing the game up and thinking it is interesting.

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6 chaser324  Moderator

Super excited! Surprised there hasn't been much buzz because when it first was announced people were getting pretty hype about it, if I recall correctly.

Maybe it's just on Twitter, but I feel like this game has had a ton of buzz around it. It's performed extremely well at every convention it's been shown at.

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was hoping this game was going to be more Dark Souls than it was Shadow of the Colossus.

noizy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By noizy

Am I the only one that feels the aesthetics feels similar to what we saw of Hyper Light Drifter (but not as polished)? Not commenting on gameplay, as I have played neither games thus far, but just first glance "looks"/visual language; color palette, relative size of the "textures" and "sprites", size of rooms and maps. General feel of similarity.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@hypnotoadbrwowrowrow said:

Maybe it's just on Twitter, but I feel like this game has had a ton of buzz around it. It's performed extremely well at every convention it's been shown at.

I quite honestly had no idea what this game was based off the thread title alone and I actually remember watching that Unfinished of it so it must be some very specific Twitter buzz.

mechakirby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

I'm skeptical of this game. I've watched the trailer for it that's on the PS4 Spring Fever thing and it looks ridiculously hard. You only have one arrow that you have to retrieve every time you shoot and everything kills you in one hit? I really hope there's a good story here, it looks like it hints at one at least.

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't know much about this one but after playing the free demo on steam I was sold. Only died 26 times!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Loading Video...

Caught this video the other day. Cool to see how far it's come.

I'll likely check it out. Looks like a good vita game.

FraggingRights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I got to play a bit of the game at PAXEast and can't wait to get more of it.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Totally was lukewarm and shrugg-y at this game until people started making this Shadow of the Colossus comparison. Even if that is super loose, I'll check this out. SoC is one of my favorite games of all time. Maybe my favorite?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I love the inspirations behind this game and I think it has potential. I could see myself giving up early on because of its difficulty though.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By NeoCalypso

I think people interested in this game should definitely check out the demo because it definitely unsold me on the game. I'm not a fan of the one hit kill for (seemingly) everything, I'm not a fan of having to walk back really slowly to try a boss again, and having to get your arrow back can get really annoying. Especially when it get stuck on an enemy. The idea that the game will like SotC be nothing but boss fights just like the ones in the demo sounds terrible.

seemah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso: I can totally respect that. I got pretty tired of walking back to the boss room every time I died.

chroipahtz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By chroipahtz

If you're like me, and you love Dark Souls, Shadow of the Colossus, and the McElroy Brothers, this is basically the ideal video to sell you on Titan Souls:

Loading Video...

(in which Justin McElroy does a bad impression of Dracula for 10 minutes while Griffin McElroy swears a lot)

Maedhros925

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I think I played the demo on PC? It would have been back when Patrick first showed it, so it's been a while. I'll pick this up for PS4, but I have reservations about how the arrow will aim on a console. Seems like using a mouse will be a lot more accurate than an analog stick. Has anyone used a controller with this? How did you find it?

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think people interested in this game should definitely check out the demo because it definitely unsold me on the game.

Yeah, I just played the demo and have definitely revised my plans of picking it up on day one. Running back to the bosses and picking up arrows didn't bother me, but it's very easy, very dull, and very, very simple. Any aspirations of atmosphere close to Souls or Shadow of the Colossus is undone by the fact that the world looks like an RPG Maker tileset made in paint. Admittedly that could all change later on but the demo didn't reflect that. I can certainly see why the hype has died down.

NeoCalypso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By NeoCalypso

@gunslingerpanda: Yeah that's something I didn't really put across. It's not a difficult game. I beat the demo in 20 minutes with 30 deaths. It's not hard, it's just tedious and annoying. The thing that makes it ok for SotC to be all boss fights is because not only are all the bosses very different, but they are all fairly epic drawn out fights requiring a decent bit of technique and effort to take down. Especially if you are playing the game for the first time.

This game however is you running back and forth or in a circle waiting for a single optimal moment to shoot an arrow and immediately end the fight. It takes zero effort to actually realize what is required to kill the boss, only patience to actually make that happen. If I'd actually one shot all the bosses that demo would have seriously taken like four minutes and three of those minutes would have been the time it takes to walk from one boss to the next.

I haven't totally written off the game or anything but it's definitely not gonna be an immediately buy like I thought it might be. I'm gonna have to wait and see what people think.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
    GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neocalypso said:

I think people interested in this game should definitely check out the demo because it definitely unsold me on the game.

Yeah, I just played the demo and have definitely revised my plans of picking it up on day one. Running back to the bosses and picking up arrows didn't bother me, but it's very easy, very dull, and very, very simple. Any aspirations of atmosphere close to Souls or Shadow of the Colossus is undone by the fact that the world looks like an RPG Maker tileset made in paint. Admittedly that could all change later on but the demo didn't reflect that. I can certainly see why the hype has died down.

I bought it anyway. I had to know...

I'm an idiot. It's terrible.

Carryboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Carryboy

@gunslingerpanda said:

@neocalypso said:

I bought it anyway. I had to know...

I'm an idiot. It's terrible.

Yeah game is garbage.

WorldDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I finished it tonight and loved every second of it. The boss designs are brilliant and it really boils the fights down to what makes boss battles so exciting to begin with: landing that final blow at the right moment. I'm surprised by all of the negativity in this thread because it's probably one of the better games I've played all year.

Kaineda77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't mind dying over and over again if the load times are quick, but (at least on the Vita) it takes about 20 seconds to go from death to next try which kills it for me. Here's hoping they patch in a quick restart.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just started playing this today and am really enjoying it. The bosses and the ways you approach them are pretty great. None have been particularly difficult yet though. Mostly because there's just little patterns you learn to anticipate in the first or second try. Then it's just executing on that.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I enjoyed the demo. Probably pick it up once i'm done with GTA V and Pillars of Eternity.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.