Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Frontier News 13/1/17

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Respawn today has released information on it's upcoming plans for Titanfall 2. Highlights include a new super fast 6v6 pilot only mode, new maps and the way to create your own mix tape.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is the link:

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/news/frontier-news-network-6-13/

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

The game desperately needs more maps

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Cool! Hoping down the line for anything co-op. Titan Ops or something. Competitive's still fun though.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just started playing Titanfall 2, and after wrapping the campaign and playing maybe five hours of multiplayer, I have only one thing to say; I fucking love this game. It is so good. It's a shame that it's not getting the attention it deserves, but at PS4 there are around 30.000 players in peak times, which is pretty good. At least no trouble getting into matches.

The only thing I miss is the option to make your own Titan loadout, but I suspect this will come in the next game, if that ever shows up. I freaking love the Tone titan, but I would like a better Core ability for it.

Ninja_Welshman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bojackhorseman: You wish Tone had a better core abilty? She has one of if not the best in the game!

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BojackHorseman

@ninja_welshman: Not a fan. Would like that flying one or something. Maybe that laser beam.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@ninja_welshman: Not a fan. Would like that flying one or something. Maybe that laser beam.

You very well might be using it incorrectly. You typically fire it into the air, and then bring it down on a titan. Your rockets will land wherever you're pointing your crosshairs. If by "that flying one" you mean Northstar's core, you should try using it. It's probably far and away the worst core ability out there. Unless you're attacking a target that isn't attacking you, there's a good chance of most titans killing you before you kill them.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I dont like that Respawn are doubling down on Pilots only game modes, and to make matters worse these maps are exclusive to that? I feel like they're missing the point of what makes/made this game unique.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Live Fire: Eh, sure. I'll definitely try it out. Pilots only is decent when I'm a few points away from a gun upgrade and I want to grind it out. I imagine every map is going to be COD4 Shipment size? The bit about holding the neutral flag as an alternate win condition is a cool idea. That could be fun for a bit, though not very exciting for the main content portion of an update.

New coliseum map: Don't care.

New pilot execution: Don't care. Here's the instruction text for executions: "Stun yourself for 3 seconds and gain 1 point towards a pilot camo." Useless.

New commander intros: Um, no joke, this is the most exciting thing in this update . . . hail Vinson Dynamics

@boozak said:

I dont like that Respawn are doubling down on Pilots only game modes, and to make matters worse these maps are exclusive to that? I feel like they're missing the point of what makes/made this game unique.

100% agree.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@boozak: Yup. They need to remove/change gamemodes instead of adding them. Pilots vs Pilots isn't fun in this game, hardpoint is so slow because of the amped part and CTF is buried in the back, despite it being the best allround gamemode for this game.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gundogan:

They've mentioned an updated UI that will bring everything onto one page, so ctf won't be hidden anymore.

@hansolol:

The worst part about execution animations is you can be killed while performing them as a pilot.

gundogan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@jesus_phish: Yea but there're still 3-4 deathmatch modes in there and they keep adding more of those. I feel that you can keep the player numbers high with fewer, more focused gamemodes instead of just vomitting everything out there CoD style.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@gundogan:

They've mentioned an updated UI that will bring everything onto one page, so ctf won't be hidden anymore.

@hansolol:

The worst part about execution animations is you can be killed while performing them as a pilot.

If you use the grand theft semi-auto execution, your kill counts from the very first bullet, making it by far the fastest execution. The animation still runs for a bit after the kill, but at least the pilot you're executing can't be saved by a teammate.

@gundogan said:

@boozak: Yup. They need to remove/change gamemodes instead of adding them. Pilots vs Pilots isn't fun in this game, hardpoint is so slow because of the amped part and CTF is buried in the back, despite it being the best allround gamemode for this game.

Pilots vs Pilots will be better once / if sentry guns are nerfed a bit. That has to be the most frustrating aspect of that mode. It's still fun right now, though. Amped hardpoint really does need a redesign, though. Sitting at your spawn for half the game or even longer should never be a winning tactic in any game mode.

I'd also love to see king of the hill and / or kill confirmed game types added to the playlist. Live Fire sounds good though. Seems like it will be a mix of search and destroy from COD and oddball from Halo.

BojackHorseman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac: No I'm using it correctly. Don't like it. Like the flying core.

Based

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to getting back into this game.

hansolol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17  Edited By hansolol
    @jesus_phish said:

Well, they deserve to be vulnerable. They're total show off moves when you could just as easily tap melee instead. They're basically tea bag victory dances put into the game by the developers.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hansolol: I've gone into them entirely by mistake. I've done about 14 executions now, maybe 4 of them I've been shot out of, but I've never actually meant to do it as a way to show off or tea bag someone.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.