Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall 2

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Oct 28, 2016

The sequel to Respawn's sci-fi mech-filled first-person shooter, Titanfall 2 adds a deep single-player campaign and revamped multiplayer.

Where is everyone playing this game?

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Where is everyone playing this game? (522 votes)

PC 46%
    PS4 35%
    Xbox One 19%

I decided I definitely want the game, and that my PC can run it. I remember hearing horror stories of the original Titanfall having very little population on PC after a short amount of time. I'm worried that will happen again. I'm also wondering if the biggest player base will be on Xbox One. I'll have to dust mine off if that's the case.

• 
    SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This should be an interesting poll. I believe a PC network might be getting started here, and I made a PS4 community here. I do understand the worry that the PC community might dry up rather quickly, though. At this point, I'm wondering if it'll be more of a self-fulfilling prophesy than anything else. It's a shame, too, as it seems like that would be the best way to play, provided you have the hardware and the game retains its community.

Rodin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I just built a new pc but I was also worried if the community would be there, that and I prefer using a controller over mousepad & keyboard, so I'm not sure were to play it, pc or ps4.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

There are already verified networks up on PS4 and Xbox One. I'll probably end up having the buy the PC version to create one there, now that I think about it.

jeff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

Oh, if anyone wants to figure out when the best happy hour times are for those networks, let me know and I'll set them accordingly.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DharmaBum

What is it with otherwise great multiplayer games becoming graveyards on PC within days? e.g. Gears 4, Titanfall, Battlefront, etc. Is everyone just too invested in other titles?

Avatar image for deactivated-5e6e407163fd7
    deactivated-5e6e407163fd7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Interesting that so far Xbox is the choice farthest behind. I wonder if it's because PS4 owners are more excited about getting this installment on their platform, or if it'll level out with more people voting.

Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Daveydave

I always thing graveyards is a bit extreme. It may not be millions of players but i've never struggled to find players on most modes in the original even now.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
    Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm on Xbox One. It looks like it will be the platform with the least people... I'm still not 100% sold on this game even though I have it preloaded. I want it to be great, but the beta put some doubt in me. The 1st Titanfall is the best multiplayer game on the Xbox One. It deserved better.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jeff said:

There are already verified networks up on PS4 and Xbox One. I'll probably end up having the buy the PC version to create one there, now that I think about it.

The thing about this is there were already more than 5000 people in the official Giant Bomb network with just the tech test going on. Not only was the official network featured in an early gameplay preview video on this site and on You Tube, but it gained traction quickly because of that, and I'm convinced a lot of random people joined just because "Giant Bomb" sounds like a cool name.

At least one person on this forum mentioned that when they played with others in that Network, it was no different than joining a game of random players. That's why I thought we should have a separate PS4 community to go along with the network, so we can easily get together with a smaller group of forum members. That, and PS4 communities offer some nice features that Networks do not.

Depending on the opinion of the community, we can either end the separation there--still being part of the [BOMB] Network--or we could start a smaller Network for the Giant Bomb Titanfall 2 community. Perhaps simply [GBTF], but I'm not picky, and I'm fine going along with what others decide. I just don't want want to be parked in the Itchy Lot, when it comes to belonging to a group of Titanfall 2 players, and a Network of over 5000 people without a smaller PS4 community subset would be just that.

Then again, if they keep the tech test Networks but reset the member lists, perhaps this won't be an issue. I guess we'll have to see.

matatat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I was about to make a thread basically about this same thing. I bought the original Titanfall day one on PC and played it for a month or so nonstop. Put it down for a few weeks, came back when the first map pack came out, and it was impossible to get a game going. I ended up buying an Xbox copy because the community was still pretty active on there. Apparently it got better eventually when they released all the DLC for free. But that problem while on the Xbox too seemed to be way less impactful.

Ideally I'd want to play a FPS on PC, but I'm really worried about this happening again, so I'm considering PS4. Common sense would tell me to wait and see how it pans out, but I know that common sense will be trumped by desire.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DharmaBum

The Networks feature is live on titanfall.com. I was able to join the Xbox GB group.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Networks feature is live on titanfall.com. I was able to join the GB group.

How many people are in that group now?

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DharmaBum

@spaceinsomniac: 8 in the Xbox group, 8000+ in the PS4 group.

Edit: correction - 8000 in Xbox, 9000 in PS4.

huelarl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matatat said:

I was about to make a thread basically about this same thing. I bought the original Titanfall day one on PC and played it for a month or so nonstop. Put it down for a few weeks, came back when the first map pack came out, and it was impossible to get a game going. I ended up buying an Xbox copy because the community was still pretty active on there. Apparently it got better eventually when they released all the DLC for free. But that problem while on the Xbox too seemed to be way less impactful.

Ideally I'd want to play a FPS on PC, but I'm really worried about this happening again, so I'm considering PS4. Common sense would tell me to wait and see how it pans out, but I know that common sense will be trumped by desire.

In Europe at least I never once had an issue finding a game, at least not in Attrition. I'm more worried about the PC version in general, since apparently nobody has had access to it yet? Titanfall 1 was excellent on PC, but I'll definitely wait for reports on the quality of the port, you can never know.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I played the first game on Xbox, but I've got a Pro on the way so I think I'll go PS4 this time around. I was briefly tempted by the PC version, but I wouldn't be surprised if the player base dries up fast and I think I'd rather play it with a controller in front of my TV.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ripelivejam

veering between ps4 and pc, as a friend of mine might be playing it on ps4. but if i could join up with duders either way it will be cool. just afraid the pc version community may die off.

hassun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also afraid of the PC community dying off too quickly but I'm still going to be playing it there.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

@dharmabum: are you sure? I joined a giant bomb network that said it had over 8000 members and was created by Giantbombing (Xbox)

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One because all my friends are there.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By DharmaBum

@huntad: Whoops, you're right. Not sure what I was looking at. The website is acting a little bit wonky for me when I try to join, but I think I'm in.

stackboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Playing on PC, got to put my new rig to good use.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4. My current PC was able to run the first but I serious doubt it will run the second. I did put a bunch of hours into the 360 version so i'll go PS4 this time.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#25  Edited By Humanity

Seems like a perfect console game to me so PS4 it is.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I tend to play what I deem console FPS's (ADS centric) on the Xbox since I still think that controller feels better for those kinds of games.

What is it with otherwise great multiplayer games becoming graveyards on PC within days? e.g. Gears 4, Titanfall, Battlefront, etc. Is everyone just too invested in other titles?

They dont play enough like MOBA's. ;p

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strife777

PS4 for me. Hopefully I can get to experience Titanfall for the first time with some of you fine folks.

Edit: Haha. And as it turns out, Giant Bomb is currently in the featured networks, front and center(-left).

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ivdamke

@dharmabum: Those are all console focused shooters that for the most part don't have the feature set PC users look for.

EDIT: They're also games not available on Steam.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: It seems like a good core gameplay loop should suffice for a game to develop a community. I think Gears and Titanfall both meet that criteria easily. But apparently they can't compete with the likes of CS:GO, Overwatch, Dota, League, etc.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dharmabum: The core gameplay loop of Gears and Titanfall is built on the expected use of a gamepad. That causes trickle down changes into a lot of the games systems that a lot of PC users dislike. Naturally this creates a gameplay loop that isn't considered good by a lot of PC folk. Also it's not enough because most PC users say "That game looks cool, oh it's on Origin/Uplay/MS Store? Guess I won't get it then."

xagefu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By xagefu

I would love to pick this up for pc but as others have mentioned I am worried that the player base will not sustain for the game, so I am leaning towards ps4.

rebellion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright. So it would seem that most people are as wary as I am about the player base on PC being kind of shaky. I am starting to lean more and more toward PS4 because of the Digital Foundry analysis of that version. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pH3RVxs92E - This is also compounded by the poll results so far, and one of my best game playing buddies will definitely not be playing this on his laptop if I can convince him to buy it. It's tough for me, because I play most FPS games on a PC. I'm accustomed to the keyboard and mouse. I've got all my DPI settings down pat and an elite mousing surface (lol). The last FPS I played on console was Destiny. I didn't play very much of the competitive multiplayer mainly because it was kind of terrible. The last serious competitive multiplayer game I played was Halo 3. This was well before I played any sort of FPS on the PC. I noticed most people in this forum saying they want to play it on their TV. For me, this doesn't matter. I've got the same exact setup for my PC games as I do my console games. I just grab the controller and go. Everything is hooked up to the same screen. I haven't been this conflicted about a game in a long ass time.

TomyDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I bought the PS4 version because I suck with mouse & keyboard and want to be competitive in the multiplayer. I did OK with a controller on PC on the first Titanfall but I was usually ranked towards the bottom. During the Alpha on PS4 I was normally towards the top of the list so that pretty much sold me.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

got it on pc, hope i didn't make a mistake. but i don't technically own a ps4, the one that's in my vicinity isn't really accessible at all times. guess i can always get it on console when it drops in price.

Darth_Navster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

I haven't decided yet, but I'm leaning XBox. I could never get the hang of Titanfall 1's movement using a keyboard so PC is out. The PS4 version is probably fine, but man, that XBox controller is real nice you guys.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darth_navster: I find it really difficult going back to the PS4 controller after using the Xbox elite controller.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I am loving this game. Glad to be playing on my PS4.

Seikenfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Placed my order for PS4 copy yesterday. I'm really only in it for the single player at this point.

Just picked up a GTX1080 as well.. Still got it on PS4 though. Feel like I just prefer the ecosystem of a console and my big TV vs hunched over my 21:9 monitor and dealing with PC issues.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

I too share the worry about the PC community disappearing sooner than I'd like. Plus Titanfall feels like a controller game to me, and playing against peeps with M&K is never fun when you're using a controller. Between PS4 and Xbox... I mean... I've got that fancy Elite Controller. It's real nice.

AwesomeOnsum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I ended up going PC rather than picking it up when I get a PS4 around 11/10. This game is a test to see if my Phenom II can still work. It's never failed me now, but if this game doesn't run well, I finally have at least some justification to upgrade to an i5 build.

ToySoldier83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So how does the player count look on the PC? There are report of it being pretty low for a triple A game like this.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having just bought Battlefield and Civ 6 I'm really hoping the PC community stays active another month when my wallet recovers.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toysoldier83: I think on Friday pc was at about 11-13k at its peak, Xbox was 38k and ps4 was around 24k

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm torn between the One that I just bought and have hooked up and the ps4 where I played the beta and haven't hooked up yet due to moving around stuff.

Klager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jiggajoe14: If it matters to you personally, the PS4 version has a slight edge on resolution over the XBONE version, but the XBONE version has slightly better framerate across the board.

Both versions are pretty much locked 60 at all times though.

Ravelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 and it feels perfectly fine, shooting is super accurate and satisfying.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.