Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

First day impression from the duders here on GB

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

Some of us have already played Titanfall since last night/early morning or are probably playing through it right now as I type this. I've only managed to DL it, install it and boot it up to the main menu last night before proceeding to close it and shut off the computer before hitting the bed since I have work the following day (;_;). I haven't managed to play it yet (though I did play in the beta), so I want to know from the beautiful duders over here what you guys think of it so far and if what kind of problems or issues have you encountered? GOOOOOO!

JoRoNimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

As someone who's generally indifferent to multiplayer FPSs, I'm having a blast. But then, I'm way into the "Mirror's Edge Lite" part of it, the frantic, fun mobility. I'm definitely not the best at straight up gunfighting.

Calles89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Calles89

I'm still downloading!

Didn't have time to try the beta but I'm excited to play something with a different "flavor". I haven't played a cowadooty since MW2. I dabbled a little in BF3/BF4. And Mirror's Edge was rad.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MW2 was my last intense multiplayer shooter obsession, minus a little Halo 4. I downloaded as well and didn't play yet, but damn was I addicted to the beta.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By mikey87144

It's intense. You never feel safe. Unlike COD where death usually comes from a dude popping around a corner death can come from any angle. A couple of times I have killed and been killed from people jumping through roofs. The A.I. is still as dumb as rocks. They're definitely there for you to farm points. I've been having fun with it.

As an aside I've been playing with controller on PC and have been doing pretty well. I've only had two matches were I died more than 5 times and a couple were I died zero times. This game is about getting the drop on people and I just feel better doing that with a controller.

llamaegg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was trying to place where my enjoyment from this game was coming from for a while, then it just clicked. I managed to use my Titan to secure my escape to the evacuation ship, but not by shooting, or riding, no, I fucking dropped that bitch on top of one of the two Titan's guarding, successfully destroying it and opening up room for me to make it.

The complete chaos. So good.

Hoboassassin54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This game is so good that I want to make sweet love to it.

TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

It's really fun I've played for about 3ish hours since last night. The movement is super smooth as a pilot and you feel super powerful but fragile as a titan. Also after the rough first hour of the launch the servers have been surprising stable which is nice for an EA game.

JJBSterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By JJBSterling

Servers were kind of screwy last night (PC) and I haven't got to play yet today, but I've enjoyed my short time with it.

As an avid CoD player, I'm curious to see how long it'll replace Ghosts as my go-to FPS.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm jumping in tonight. Was going to play at midnight but this old man had to work the next day. Hoping to put in a few hours before bed time.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
    TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've been having a pretty fun time with it. I was worried I wouldn't be able to get back in the groove I had during the beta, but it came back pretty easily. I'm still trying to get used to the maps though.

The servers have been fairly stable for me today. The only problems I had with it was immediately after it unlocked, which is understandable. I haven't been super into a multiplayer game since Modern Warfare 2, but this looks pretty promising so far.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

I played a bunch in the beta so my first impressions are long behind me but it's good. Campaign stuff is a little less cool than anticipated and I wish they put in some manner of match making. Either have some sort of on the fly matchmaking where you split up a pair of a winner team and loser team and rematch them with other winner teams/loser teams thereby assuring a level skill level while also maintaining team spirit should any have grown or have a shuffle. Neither is not an acceptable answer I don't think.

But yeah it's fun. Need to learn the new maps.

ADAMWD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

#13  Edited By ADAMWD

Having a lot of fun with it so far. But, I wish there were more weapons to choose from. The game having only two assault rifles seems kinda insane considering your standard CoD game has about 10 assault rifles. Even if they had similar stats, just having guns with different aesthetics would go a long way in my opinion.

I've got about 5 hours playtime and I've pretty much exclusively used the first rifle, not because I love it or anything, but rather because there are hardly any other options. I'm digging using the smart pistol in a stealth build, they seem pretty powerful when you get the enhanced lock on mod.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving it, played about 12 hours in beta too. Felt pretty crippled for the first hour not having access to the loadout I had in beta, but after about 2-3 hours I was back to level 17.

New Impressions:

1) Quad Stryder is pretty incredible in open spaces and 1-1 titan combat. That Dash Core feels amazing, like you're god of the battlefield. Just 1 pip of armor left against 2 titans, activated dash core and hung in there long enough to kill one titan, and bring the other halfway down. Get trapped in a tight area, or boxed in on two sides and it dies in just seconds though. It's a high risk high reward that's really fun to play.

2) Smart pistol doesn't suck as much as I thought. Thought it was the most useless gun of the 5 in the beta, but if you parkour harder in combat you'll live long enough to fire off a few locked-in rounds, then you can just finish with direct fire (or go straight to direct fire from the start if the enemy isn't moving around). It's long time to kill, but it's very consistent, so if you move around a lot to extend the time it takes them to kill you, it's not a terrible choice. Definitely can't bring it out directly against decent players though, so I don't know how long it'll take until people figure out how easy it is to break lock-on.

3) Ogre is really great at holding down chokepoints. But that's not really the kind of gameplay I enjoy. I don't think I'll include it in any of my custom loadouts.

4) I still can't figure out which is better, rocket salvo or slaved warheads.

5) Having so many new maps makes me feel really lost in navigating the terrain. Had things figured out pretty well in beta, now I find myself spending too much time on the ground, not knowing the shortcuts. Just need to give it some time.

6) Didn't really have time to listen carefully to the "plot" in the campaign mode. I'll have to play through it a few times to hear wtf is the link between one map and the other, but I don't know if I care enough to try. I'd hoped for at least more of those mini-videos in the top right to put faces to names.

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#15  Edited By TheMasterDS

I'm all about that shotgun by the way. Love depending on my mobility for my kills. I like to get in close and kill quickly. Don't like having to kill people from a distance by aiming carefully. Course if someone has drawn a bead on me I can be pretty fucked if I can't bail and get out of there. A lot of the time I can though since you're so mobile and I think I'm pretty good at going fast.

I did the Ogre through the Campaign as I thought its shield core seemed tight. I used it once, basically makes that Titan a juggernaut when it's available.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.