Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Respawn Removing CTF and Pilot Hunter from PC Playlists

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Samaritan

So, this happened:

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/467193727505551360

I've been trying to fathom why you would remove 40% of your game's modes from a game that is already severely lacking in modes, but have been unable to come up with anything. Less than 24 hours after they fixed a significant flaw in the CTF mode, they remove it, because no one played it... because it was broken. This is such an incomprehensible move on Respawn's part.

Thoughts?

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So from what I'm reading of this it seems to be only the PC version getting this change, and it seems to be because it's one of the lower population playlists. The question I have is why isn't this effecting the 360 and Xbone versions?

kkotd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The game, atleast from what I've seen, was a major flop on the PC. Trying to find a CTF match took upwards of 10-15 minutes at times. I'm surprised they didn't remove it from variety as most people drop out as soon as CTF somehow pops up. It's a bit of a shame, I personally love the balance of CTF right now but people are so set in their ways of just wanting to shoot people and not play objectives.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#4 fisk0  Moderator

Wow, that's pretty dumb. Why not just leave it up to the players if they want to try to find matches in the less popular modes? I'm sure there are Steam community groups around where people get together to arrange matches in those modes, but making them private only just makes it impossible to randomly come across one of those events.

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Another issue with Titanfall PC was found out today: Got a 120 or 144hz monitor? Got the computer and the will to scale down settings and/or resolution a little? You'll reload xHAHAHA times faster playing on a 120/144 monitor, your lock-on weapons will also lock-on that much faster. Some seem to have been doing this since beta.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

What the hell is happening, Respawn? What the hell.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Samaritan

@somejerk said:

Another issue with Titanfall PC was found out today: Got a 120 or 144hz monitor? Got the computer and the will to scale down settings and/or resolution a little? You'll reload xHAHAHA times faster playing on a 120/144 monitor, your lock-on weapons will also lock-on that much faster. Some seem to have been doing this since beta.

They've at least pushed out a patch for this issue, but holy hell you guys, how did you never catch this in testing?! This would be found in less than three seconds if anyone tested this for 120/144Hz monitors, and considering that support for 120/144Hz monitors was just patched in, that was kind of what you were supposed to be testing for in the first place.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
    SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

They outsourced the CTF stuff to Gamespy servers.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sethphotopoulos said:

They outsourced the CTF stuff to Gamespy servers.

And outsourced Pilot Hunter to GFWL, right?

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Huh? That's random. I wonder if it has something to do with how variety is handled (but I have no clue when it comes to these sort of things lol). Stinks for people who want to play these modes and don't have a group they could play private matches with.

Personally, it doesn't affect me since I'm an attrition and hardpoint kind of guy (& I have no trouble finding matches in those). Though, I do hope whatever modes they are adding make up for what people are losing.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I don't play either mode.

boatorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By boatorious

@captain_felafel said:

I've been trying to fathom why you would remove 40% of your game's modes from a game that is already severely lacking in modes, but have been unable to come up with anything.

Presumably because of player dilution. I don't know about Pilot Hunter but I'd tried to do CTF matches on PC during prime-time and even the mode was empty.

Hopefully they'll add a server browser and it will come back? I guess we'll see.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boatorious said:

@captain_felafel said:

I've been trying to fathom why you would remove 40% of your game's modes from a game that is already severely lacking in modes, but have been unable to come up with anything.

Presumably because of player dilution. I don't know about Pilot Hunter but I'd tried to do CTF matches on PC during prime-time and even the mode was empty.

Hopefully they'll add a server browser and it will come back? I guess we'll see.

But why remove it? It's not HURTING the game to have it there. Just its presence is a positive thing. On top of that, they finally fixed what was so broken about CTF less than a day before canning it. It's obviously speculation on my part, but I don't think it's a coincidence that the most broken game mode in the game was also the least popular.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.