Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Titanfall

Game » consists of 11 releases. Released Mar 11, 2014

Set in a far-flung, mech-filled future, Titanfall is the first first-person shooter built by Respawn Entertainment, the studio formed by ex-employees of Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward.

Which platform will you be playing Titanfall on? (FIXED)

voiceinject

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which platform will you be playing Titanfall on? (FIXED) (74 votes)

PC 73%
    Xbox 360 5%
    Xbox One 26%

Which platform will you be playing Titanfall on?

Some things to consider: Which platform will have the most active online community? Will your control preference dictate your decision?

I'm genuinely curious: Will players who prefer to use a gamepad get "destroyed" when playing against "mouse and keyboarders" on the PC platform? I'm currently deciding which platform to get Titanfall on; despite the PC platform offering the the graphically and technically superior experience, the questions listed above are some of the things I'm considering before making the final decision.

How large is the Xbone install base compared to Origin?

• 
    Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Zirilius

I played the beta on PC with a controller and generally was top or near the top of most leaderboards. I honestly don't think it's that big of a difference with all the parkouring going on. Also pre-ordered on Origin.

matt_f606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It looks like fun but not enough for me to get an X Box and I don't have a gaming PC. Here hoping Infamous is good!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Justin258

I'm genuinely curious: Will players who prefer to use a gamepad get "destroyed" when playing against "mouse and keyboarders" on the PC platform

The grunts actually play a pretty large role in making anyone halfway competent feel successful at the game. Yes, if you're using a controller you're probably going to lose to a pilot using an M+K, but you can still kill a ton of grunts. You can still call in your Titan. You can still camp out at a command post while your Titan sits outside on auto pilot.

And that's one of the many beautiful things about Titanfall that I learned about in the Beta. It's probably the most casual FPS I've ever played, yet it's still pretty fun in a lot of ways and still has some room for depth and great design. You never come out of a match feeling like you didn't have fun, or couldn't possibly have been skilled enough to get many kills.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. PC.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

When I get my new laptop, if it can run the game I'll probably get it then on a sale. Not anytime soon.

EDIT: Polls broken, 114% to 14% to 14%

UlquioKani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

PC

I found I could hold my own on PC with a controller. The beta was the thing I needed to finally start gaming on the PC. The first thing I did after the Beta was to spend £800 on a new PC that could run it at more than 20fps.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.