Why do you trust in Titan Fall

• 76 results
#51 Posted by believer258 (12000 posts) -

@crithon said:

Modern Warfare 2 still left somewhat a bad taste in my mother.

Modern Warfare 2 did what to your mother?

#52 Posted by Milkman (17034 posts) -

Titanfall.

• 729p (why this doesn't run at a constant 60fps at 1080p is down to the developers or the Xbox One crappy hardware)
  • 6 players
  • no destructible environments
  • no single player
  • no shooting through walls
  • $60

Who in their debatable sane mind would buy this?

#53 Posted by crithon (3338 posts) -

@crithon said:

Modern Warfare 2 still left somewhat a bad taste in my mother.

Modern Warfare 2 did what to your mother?

hehe, "mouth" must have been a Freudian slip

#54 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

Titanfall.

• 729p (why this doesn't run at a constant 60fps at 1080p is down to the developers or the Xbox One crappy hardware)
  • 6 players
  • no single player
  • $60

I'm glad you figured out the formula for the perfect game, 1080p, more than 6 players, destructible environments, single player and shooting through walls. Basically Battlefield 4...

#55 Posted by CornBREDX (5631 posts) -

I'm not especially excited for it. The titans look cool and the combat seems fast, but online only is a bummer and competitive multiplayer, even when I play them, gets old for me fairly quick so just from what we've seen of the game there is currently no value in it for me yet.

If the coop stuff, or whatever the campaign is, is fun and not full of trolls I may play it sometime down the line. We'll see.

It's not really blowing me away like other people though. The stuff they do to get their frame rate, at least in the beta, is noticeable to me. That's not a huge deal but the textures are dry and uninteresting to me and doesn't have the destructive environment like battlefield to hold it up. The real problem for me, though, is beyond the flashy animations, it doesn't have much going for it in game play.

It's kind of fun to watch, though.

#56 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@donpixel said:

Put that old dusty disc on my 360 the other day, that game still holds, it is pretty much The White Album of FPS.

level design never been better

It's my favorite game of all time, I wish people still played the multiplayer. I've been meaning to replay the single player though.

#57 Edited by RazielCuts (2976 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: I came here to post the exact same thing. Well done.

#58 Edited by jsnyder82 (744 posts) -

@humanity said:

@jsnyder82 said:
@humanity said:

I'm not convinced that it's a game I REALLY gotta play but Jeff and a bunch of other people seem to be praising it a lot. Then again Jeff likes really terrible things too.

Jeff and I stand alone in our love of Syndicate!!!

This is a reply to something from 7 months ago, but let me just say, I thought the new Syndicate was excellent - detractors are soulless people that know not how to have fun.

Haha, holy crap, I didn't even realize this was from 7 months ago!

Damn you people and your resurrecting old threads!

#59 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

@e30bmw: Played about 2 hour of multiplayer in the 360 a couple of days back, didn't have a problem to find a match.

#60 Posted by e30bmw (356 posts) -

@donpixel said:

@e30bmw: Played about 2 hour of multiplayer in the 360 a couple of days back, didn't have a problem to find a match.

Every time I tried to play on PS3 in the past few years, I'd either get in a hacked server, or everyone would be trying to do 360 no scope headshots with sniper rifles which isn't any fun.

#61 Posted by Onomatopoeia (101 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

@onomatopoeia said:

Titanfall.

• 6 players
  • no single player
  • $60

I'm glad you figured out the formula for the perfect game, 1080p, more than 6 players, destructible environments, single player and shooting through walls. Basically Battlefield 4...

I'm not claiming "the formula for the perfect game" shit like 1080p and 60fps should be an industry standard. No shooting through surfaces and the lack of destructible environments is just a recipe for camping. The game has giant mechs, smashing through buildings should have been one of the first design choices for this game along with shooting through surfaces. 6v6 is bad anyway for a game like this. Asking $60 for a game that is just a shallow multiplayer shooter is wrong.

And Battlefield 4 is shit.

#62 Edited by TheMasterDS (2084 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

@onomatopoeia said:

Titanfall.

• 6 players
  • no single player
  • $60

I'm not claiming "the formula for the perfect game" shit like 1080p and 60fps should be an industry standard. No shooting through surfaces and the lack of destructible environments is just a recipe for camping. The game has giant mechs, smashing through buildings should have been one of the first design choices for this game along with shooting through surfaces. 6v6 is bad anyway for a game like this. Asking $60 for a game that is just a shallow multiplayer shooter is wrong.

But it has 1080ps, more than 6 players, walls that you can shoot through, a single player and destructible environs. How is that not your dream game?

#63 Posted by mikey87144 (1797 posts) -

Maybe play the game. It's really fast and hectic. The more I play the more I see why they chose the number they chose.

#64 Posted by Splodge (1769 posts) -

So, I have been playing Titanfall all weekend. It is GREAT fun.

The sensation of moving through the environments is satisfying and fulfilling. The Titans feel powerful while in them, and if you take care of them, they can last a long time.

The general pace and movement speed reminds me of Call of Duty, but thats really where the similarities end (apart from all the fps tropes, obv).

I suggest anyone who is skeptical to play it in a friends house or something before you buy it. It seems really crazy and illogical to judge a game before you have given it a go yourself.

#65 Posted by Chaser324 (6651 posts) -

@e30bmw said:

@onomatopoeia said:

Titanfall.

• 6 players
  • no single player
  • $60

I'm sorry that Titanfall isn't the game you would have designed, but that doesn't automatically make it a "shallow multiplayer shooter" that isn't worth a sane person paying $60 to play.

Also, on your point about camping, I've seen very little of it in my extensive time playing the beta. I'm inclined to think that you haven't played it at all and that you're solely judging it based on a few bullet points you've read about the gameplay. I highly suggest you find some time in the next day to get into the beta and play a few matches. You might still not like it, but maybe you'll at least be able to better articulate why you don't like it.

#66 Edited by Zirilius (669 posts) -

I recommend playing the game. Watching and playing are two totally different experiences in my book. I felt meh towards the game and now I'm totally getting it.

#67 Edited by GERALTITUDE (3430 posts) -

@believer258: I like the term combined arms to distinguish FPS games. I had heard it a lot in the past, maybe when Battlefield 1942 was all the rage. There's legitimately a big difference between infantry + vehicles vs. just infantry. Titanfall is interesting because it's kind of like infantry.5 rather than infantry + vehicles.

Having spent 10ish hours with the beta I would say the TC is right about being worried about balance issues, but I'm not sure these issues are any worse than the standard. I'm almost done my Titanblog so I'll have more thoughts there.

#68 Posted by me3639 (1795 posts) -
#69 Edited by Sabata (825 posts) -

I've played it and it is hella fun. Also I got it for cheap sooooo

#70 Posted by LeMajestique (7 posts) -

Titanfall.

• 6 players
  • no single player
  • $60

PC version runs great 1080p and 60fps with super high settings(Not full AA, but with insane textures) on my 3 year old $800 computer. Similar games such as Battlefield and COD don't have great campaigns anyway and I am looking forward to what they do with the Campaign Multiplayer mode. I agree that non-destructible environments is a huge bummer especially with Titans in the mix. Not shooting through walls is not really a big deal considering people tend not to camp or hide in the game they as running away is a much better strategy. The great things about the game are the movement system and the Titans. Without the parkour stuff the game I don't think the game would be nearly as fun as I found it to be. The Titans are well balanced as well and I have a great time fighting with one. 6 players also are fine for me, especially for the maps they have shown 6v6 is perfect. They would require increasingly large maps(That are already pretty darn big) for more people and more AI minions for those maps which just is not viable hardware wise. As for $60 I also agree that is too much, but I question "Who in their debatable sane mind would pay $60 for a video game?"(Not really, I just can't bring myself to pay more than $20 for a game) Seriously, I think people will get their money's worth from the game, I personally spent like 32 hours or something crazy in the beta. Although, I personally am not going to buy the game and probably will not unless there is a crazy sale or the off-chance someone buys it for my birthday.(Which is during the week it is coming out! =D)

I'm sure there are people who would also not get their money's worth, but I think the really cool thing is that the kinda supports different play styles. My brother played it exactly how he plays cod(which drove me crazy) with barely any wall jumping or building climbing, but he manages to do alright and usually murders a ton of minions and gets pretty good K/D ratios against pilots(other players). The Smart Pistol is also great fun and good for people who are bad at competitive FPSes and is not game breaking and I can almost always beat a pilot with a Smart Pistol in a head on fight(I use the basic machine gun) unless they sneak up on me.

I do have some issues with the game though despite my buckets of praise I just spewed into this thread. I think minions are under powered and are basically nothing but cannon fodder and distractions all they would really have to do is make them aim a tad better which is easier to do than making them aim worse of course. Gun play is good, but unoriginal obviously the creators did make COD though so I can't really criticize them for have a COD style. There are no swords in the game which is disappointing.(Just kidding, but I really do want swords in the game) More maps would obviously be a plus considering they did not have a campaign to make, they are a small studio though and having the other 13 or so maps be as good as the first two would more than make up for it. AI for pilots so there could be an online practice mode of sorts would have been fantastic and I really wish that could be in the game(There's still a chance, but they don't seem to have pilot AI only titan and grunt AI so I am very doubtful). There are other things, but they may be fixed in the full release so I won't voice them now.

All in all I think Titanfall will be a perfectly acceptable game for a sane person to buy. But these are just my impressions for the beta, and I will probably not be picking up the full release for quite some time if ever. And that is my unnecessarily long reply to an obviously sarcastic comment.

TL;DR Titanfall is pretty neat

#71 Posted by ZmillA (2273 posts) -

I because I put over 7 hours in the beta and it was super fun and it's designed around my style of play so I'm good at it

#73 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5808 posts) -

Because I had the more fun than I've had in a long time with a video game during the beta. I'm not going to harp on what it's not and focus on what it is. Which is a seriously fun multiplayer game that empowers the player with a great sense of movement and agency over the battlefield.

#74 Posted by Vinny_Says (5719 posts) -

This is the most typical response from someone who hasn't played the game yet. If you're going to be held back from potentially having a great time with a video game for arbitrary reasons then that just sucks for you. It's always better when people have a good time together, sucks that some people won't join in :(

As for this 8 month old topic, I trust that Titanfall will be a very fun game that will take up a lot of my time much like MW and MW2 did back in the day. The beta is what really convinced me, before that I was just excited because it's a new game and there aren't that many around yet for current gen consoles.

#75 Posted by Thabass (8 posts) -

Pretty much this. Also, I played the game and it's really addicting fun, just like Modern Warfare was back in the day. IN VINCE ZAMPELLA I TRUST.

#76 Edited by VoshiNova (1698 posts) -

"The great multiplayers games that will revolutionize gaming are coming out for at least 2-3 years I think, I hope, cause I'm tired of this recycled slapped on multiplayer that infests so many current gen games."

I'm not an English major, I'm a wizard. And that shit looks fucked up.

#77 Edited by perfectlizardwizard (112 posts) -

As someone who has played every FPS up and down, some competitively -- Titanfall was boring to me when I was in the beta. I can see the appeal to less emphatic FPS players but unless you're still crunchin' on Call of Duty I can't really see how this does anything for you.

#78 Posted by Spoonman671 (4700 posts) -

People can trust in Titanfall because Titanfall is an extremely safe game for Respawn to have made. No sense rocking the boat when you can slap "from the makers of Call of Duty" on the box and just give the people what they want.

#79 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

From what I have seen so far it does not interest me in the slightest. All these bots are killing this game for me. Yeah you can get kills easily but how is that fun? I am having more fun watching people play Counterstrike and honestly I really want to play Counterstrike again :P

#80 Posted by BasketSnake (1239 posts) -

If they allowed everyone to play one map one weekend as a demo I'm certain they'd sell a lot more. It's addicting.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.