This or...

#1 Posted by claysol13 (65 posts) -

Smackdown Vs. Raw....or both?

#2 Posted by OGCartman (4354 posts) -

TNA Impact is going to be great but im a total Undertaker fan and if it has any of the legends like Hulk Hogan or Stone Cold, i would pick SDVR. Get|Rent BOTH =D

#3 Posted by claysol13 (65 posts) -

They have a WWE legends of wrestling coming out as well, you will probably see all the legends in that one now.

#4 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

It's hard to tell if this game is gonna be good.... I mean the same team making this game made Backyard Wrestling yet they also made Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monks.

#5 Posted by Atlas (2446 posts) -

I'm more excited for Impact. Sounds much faster and more fun to play.

#6 Posted by RVonE (4638 posts) -

If you can afford both, why not buy both?

#7 Posted by Hirushubi (109 posts) -

I would have to go with both...If you're a wrestling fan I think that both games are really going to deliver this year.  I love how the Smackdown vs. Raw series is finally benefitting from some actual competition.  THQ knew that they had to bring some new and exciting stuff to the table and they did!  But if I had to pick just one, I would probably go with TNA: Impact because it's the new and exciting game and I really want to see how it plays.  I also really want to play the Ultimate X matchtype and play with all of the new wrestlers.

#8 Posted by claysol13 (65 posts) -

Yea imma go with both, I was just trying to add a post so I could add the forums as a favorite haha.

#9 Posted by Littledave (5 posts) -
Hirushubi said:
"

I would have to go with both...If you're a wrestling fan I think that both games are really going to deliver this year.  I love how the Smackdown vs. Raw series is finally benefitting from some actual competition.  THQ knew that they had to bring some new and exciting stuff to the table and they did!  But if I had to pick just one, I would probably go with TNA: Impact because it's the new and exciting game and I really want to see how it plays.  I also really want to play the Ultimate X matchtype and play with all of the new wrestlers.

"
I agree with you here, that any competition has to be good for the Smackdown series. But having said that the new focus on tag teams for the upcoming smackdown doesn't excite me anywhere as much as the potential Impact has.

Anyone else excited for the new UFC game aswell? Do you think this might prove to be extra competition for the wrestling games?
#10 Posted by ThePhenomenal1 (467 posts) -

the last wrestling game i owned was No Mercy. this one will be the next one. i seriously doubt this game will be perfect, or even above average. but i can image this will setting the bar for future TNA games to build polish on.

#11 Edited by ExtremeBlade (24 posts) -

Given the fact that the Smackdown series has been incredibly stale the past three years, I've got high hopes for TNA Impact... if anything it'll be something different. At this point, I feel that I almost have to rent the Smackdown games before buying them because the level of quality in those games simply is not what it used to be. If I like it, I'll buy it.

As far as UFC games being competition for wrestling games... I really don't think so. I mean sure, you have some cross-over between pro wrestling and MMA but there are many wrestling fans like myself who just prefer pro wrestling to MMA. I hope the UFC game turns out good as well but only time will tell.

#12 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Smackdown

#13 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

the smackdown games have been stale for too many years and the gameplay sucked in the last 1. if the TNA delivers on the gameplay promise it will kick smackdowns ass.
some of the reversals and stuff in the E3 trailer look awesome so the signs are positive

#14 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

I'm a big Smackdown vs Raw fan so I'll go with that.

#15 Posted by TheGamerGeek (2498 posts) -

The roster is extremely stale and there is very little match types but I'll still get both.

#16 Posted by uglybob (51 posts) -

i would wait until xmas time for this. that way they might have downloadable content online and the price will have been cut. other than that, i would avoid this game. lack of content being the biggest thing. they have had ages to make this game. there is no excuse

#17 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -

Take my advice: don't buy it. This game is beyond terrible, change the name to "Total Nonstop Reversals." Once you are down on the ground, enjoy being pummeled 4-5 times with kicks and punches, then become groggy. 4/5 of my moves I attempt are reversed.

#18 Posted by Lemegeton (780 posts) -

dont buy it. worth a rental but its robbery charging full price for this.

#19 Posted by Phished0ne (2507 posts) -
Karmum said:
"Take my advice: don't buy it. This game is beyond terrible, change the name to "Total Nonstop Reversals." Once you are down on the ground, enjoy being pummeled 4-5 times with kicks and punches, then become groggy. 4/5 of my moves I attempt are reversed."
YEAH!
this game is hard, and not in the "oh man this is pushing me to try harder" hard, more like the " WTF! can a heavweight like Abyss REALLY reverse most of my moves??"

its so fustrating i would probibly laugh at anyone who bought it..

thank god for GAMEFLY!!
#20 Posted by MasturbatingBear (1781 posts) -

WWF No Mercy for the n64 was and still is the best wrestling game. It was the first to introduce the idea of going to the back stage areas like the parking lot and the locker room. It also had an awesome create a wrestler feature which wasn't knew or fresh but really in depth. And it had a cheat to make every weapon huge.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.