I got a PS3 just now for this game.

• 51 results
#1 Posted by cikame (965 posts) -

Topic, is that weird?

To be fair, i've wanted one ever since MGS4 came out but wasn't going to get a console for one game so went the Xbox route, Tokyo Jungle pushed me over the edge.

#2 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10377 posts) -

You are a saint.

Totally worth it.

#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Well, MGS4 and Tokyo Jungle are the only good exclusives I've found for the PS3, so I guess if you consider those two worth $300 then sure, it's not weird at all.

#4 Posted by Marcsman (3094 posts) -

I think it's weird.

#5 Posted by awesomeusername (4153 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan said:

You are a saint.

#6 Posted by SpecDotSign (166 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Well, MGS4 and Tokyo Jungle are the only good exclusives I've found for the PS3, so I guess if you consider those two worth $300 then sure, it's not weird at all.

Deadass?....-__-

#7 Posted by RazielCuts (2911 posts) -

The true definition of hipster irony, spend a lot of money on something purely because its 'crazy'.

#8 Posted by cikame (965 posts) -

I don't have alot to spend my money on other than bills and video games, i'd much rather one had my money than the other :P
That mindset can't bring me to buy a WiiU for the lulz though, i'm not that weird.

#9 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1350 posts) -

There are alot of other good exclusives besides Tokyo Jungle and MGS4......but indeed no one can resist Tokyo Jungle

#10 Posted by pizzapotomus (46 posts) -

Can't really blame you I bought one for Valkyria Chronicles. Unfortunately I bought a PSP for VC2, that one I regret.

#11 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

You should just install Tokyo Jungle on it, buy all the Tokyo Jungle avatars and then nothing else. Attach it into an arcade cabinet and there you go.

You now have yourself a Tokyo Jungle Machine!

#12 Posted by mtcantor (947 posts) -

People like you give me hope.

#13 Posted by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

Hah you crazy bastard! You are too crazy for Tokyo Jungle!

#14 Posted by ShaggE (6297 posts) -

I basically bought a 360 for Dead Rising, so I can't judge.

#15 Posted by Subject2Change (2966 posts) -

@ShaggE said:

I basically bought a 360 for Dead Rising, so I can't judge.

bought one for Alan Wake and Splinter Cell Conviction, so yup....both are now on PC and I could of saved my self a lot of money on a console I haven't touched in a long time.

#16 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

@cikame: So did I, but It was not my first PS3 its my second, my first one broke last October. Also I kinda wanted to get one while they had the cheaper, better, 160 models around.

#17 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5182 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

Yeah that Uncharted 2 sure was horrible. And Demon's Souls is just atrocious. Buying batteries on the other hand is fantastic.

#18 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -

That seems a bit... well, weird. But you also got a lot of other great exclusives to play now, so good for you.

#19 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

Nope, I totally would have bought a PS3 for Tokyo Jungle (and other exclusives).. Now you should get all the Yakuza!

#20 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave: Dark Souls exceeds Demon's Souls in most ways. And yes, Uncharted 2 is pretty bad from a gameplay perspective. I don't even know what that last remark is supposed to be.

#21 Posted by cikame (965 posts) -
@Genkkaku said:

Nope, I totally would have bought a PS3 for Tokyo Jungle (and other exclusives).. Now you should get all the Yakuza!

Oh fuck i can totally play Yakuza now :O
#22 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5182 posts) -

Tokyo Jungle = System Seller. The real question about new consoles is which one is the Call of Dutiest; since there's little or no difference between either side right now. In Japan generally the question remains which is the Monster Hunterest, and so dies the poor Vita.

#23 Posted by Mesoian (1572 posts) -

@cikame said:

Topic, is that weird? To be fair, i've wanted one ever since MGS4 came out but wasn't going to get a console for one game so went the Xbox route, Tokyo Jungle pushed me over the edge.

Yes. I severely question your decision.

But now you're obligated to buy Valkyria Chronicles.

#24 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@cikame said:

@Genkkaku said:

And all was right with the world.. Your PlayStation is already paying for itself

#25 Edited by Aleryn (703 posts) -

It's cool. Enjoy your awesome new blu-ray player and all the crazy exclusives. Don't forget to consider Playstation Plus if you think you'll hang around long enough to reap the monthly free games. (Also - GO TRY WIPEOUT HD!)

#26 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

I wish there was a disc version out in the US.

#27 Edited by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1724 posts) -
@Jack268 said:

lol ok
#28 Posted by Chaser324 (6264 posts) -

@pizzapotomus said:

Can't really blame you I bought one for Valkyria Chronicles.

Same here pretty much. Valkyria Chronicles and Uncharted 2 were what finally made me break down and get a PS3.

#29 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

You do realize that the PS3 has some pretty great exclusives right? Why not try out the inFamous games?

#30 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2285 posts) -

That's pretty crazy, but hey, gotta do it with style.

#31 Posted by living4theday258 (678 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

hey now theres also resistance 3(1 and 2 sucked but 3 is pretty good.)

#32 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5182 posts) -

@living4theday258 said:

I rather enjoyed Resistance 1, particularly considering it's a launch title (certainly not dumb enough to buy a console for them); good enemy variety, fantastic weapon variety. The only problem with it is the color palette, but that was a ubiquitous issue at the time (and kind of continues to be).

#33 Posted by GiantAlston (93 posts) -

The display in my ps3 broke and im stuck without playing this game. *tear

#34 Posted by HistoryInRust (6269 posts) -

@cikame said:

Topic, is that weird? To be fair, i've wanted one ever since MGS4 came out but wasn't going to get a console for one game so went the Xbox route, Tokyo Jungle pushed me over the edge.

A PS3 is a great system. You'll get a lot of use out of it.

#35 Posted by Elyk247 (365 posts) -

Play the Uncharted series (really cliched but production values are astounding), Demon's Souls, Wipeout HD, God of War III, LittleBigPlanet, and Infamous.

#36 Posted by cikame (965 posts) -
@Genkkaku said:

@cikame said:

@Genkkaku said:

And all was right with the world.. Your PlayStation is already paying for itself

Picked up Yakuza 3 and 4 today :P my brain apparently thinks i have enough time for all of this but i'll make it happen.
Also to that dude who said Wipeout, YES, it has been far too many years since i played Wipeout.
#37 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Nothing wrong with buying this console for that game as it looks like the PS3 is going to be around for a while since they just spent time/money making a new one. Now that PSN+ is worth getting now, it's a good time to get a PS3.

#38 Posted by dagas (2744 posts) -

I bought a PS3 for the Yakuza games.

#39 Posted by jasonefmonk (343 posts) -

Tou shoudl take a crack at Journey if PSN titles interest you. Also be ready for the awesomeness that The Last of Us will be.

#40 Posted by BlackLagoon (1375 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@living4theday258 said:

I rather enjoyed Resistance 1, particularly considering it's a launch title (certainly not dumb enough to buy a console for them); good enemy variety, fantastic weapon variety. The only problem with it is the color palette, but that was a ubiquitous issue at the time (and kind of continues to be).

Also Resistance 2 eight player co-op is awesome. So bummed that they dumped it for Resistance 3.

#41 Posted by Firecreed17 (52 posts) -

Ya same here, was always on the fence but I had to play Tokyo Jungle so I picked that up and man I miss playing just insane japanese games.

#42 Posted by RazielCuts (2911 posts) -

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Jack268 said:

Yeah that Uncharted 2 sure was horrible. And Demon's Souls is just atrocious. Buying batteries on the other hand is fantastic.

Don't feed the Trolls

#43 Posted by SomeJerk (3130 posts) -
#44 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

@RazielCuts said:

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Jack268 said:

Don't feed the Trolls

I was being serious, though.

#45 Posted by Genkkaku (732 posts) -

@cikame: Yeah man the night before Yakuza 5 comes out just marathon 3 and 4, all your problems solved at once

#46 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5182 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

@RazielCuts said:

@Fredchuckdave said:

@Jack268 said:

Don't feed the Trolls

I was being serious, though.

HD DVD is the way of the future!

On a serious note MGS4 isn't that great, it's about as good as any other console exclusive (what scarce few there are). Demon's Souls isn't amazing but it certainly is unique in a similar way to Tokyo Jungle. A good troll has a sense of humor, not a stick up their own ass; but this isn't much of a trolling forum. If you can't enjoy Uncharted 2 you've got serious issues methinks; tossup between it and RE4 as the best action game of all time; depends if you value RPG elements and upgrade systems over cinematic quality and story. The 360 is vastly superior to the original X Box; but ultimately still slightly inferior to the PS3. Paying for any and all multiplayer is never going to sit well.

#47 Posted by OG10 (9 posts) -

Always the best way to go.. I got a ps3 for flower & MSG4.

#48 Posted by GloriousDinosaur (433 posts) -

@cikame said:

I have been thinking seriously about doin this for the last little while - also for Tokyo jungle

#49 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

So you're saying Tokyo Jungle is a system seller.

#50 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2484 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

@Fredchuckdave: Uncharted 2 is pretty bad from a gameplay perspective.

That's crazy talk, Uncharted 2 was awesome. Play better.

My favorite threads are the ones that turn into one console or another being some sort of pox on humanity. PS3 had plenty of great games, exclusives and otherwise.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.