Wait, is this game out already?

#1 Posted by TheSpoonyBard (57 posts) -

I just signed onto PSN Asia and the Chinese/Korean version of the full game popped up. I'd get it, if not for the lack of reviews, and if it's English (even if it's Chinese/Korean, they sometimes mean there's an English translation bundled in too)

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -

Well, it's out in Japan, but I doubt it's in English, since it came out a few days ago and there's been no announcement (to my knowledge) of a release outside Japan.

#3 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

according to some guy on some other forum, the chinese version has english menus but little else.

#4 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -
#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -

@TruthTellah said:

@Video_Game_King: @TheSpoonyBard: Tokyo Jungle is coming to the United States and Europe later this year: http://www.joystiq.com/2012/06/08/sonys-wacky-tokyo-jungle-headed-to-north-america-and-europe/

Though, I am unaware whether the Japanese release, which has been out for a few days, has an English option.

Given the lack of a hard release date, the chances are small. If there was one, I imagine a release date would be announced for a few months from now or something.

#6 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Apparently, people have noted that it does have some English menus but little true English translation. So, it is definitely one to wait for.

At E3, they were showing off an English version of the game though; so, that's encouraging.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (34603 posts) -

@TruthTellah:

English menus in Japanese games are more common than you'd think. So yea, it's gonna be a while.

#8 Posted by TruthTellah (7641 posts) -

@Video_Game_King: Oh, I am definitely aware of that. Which is why people who speak English should wait for the eventual English releases, which are apparently quite close to completion considering what they showed at E3.

#9 Posted by abdo (1037 posts) -

For what it's worth, it's the number one selling game in Japan last week. I have a feeling it'll be out here around September. Looking forward to it.

#10 Posted by Vegetable_Side_Dish (1722 posts) -

Over 100k FW sales. So great for the developers, and the best Playstation C.A.M.P. result to date. Top pomeranian. 

#11 Posted by Catolf (2653 posts) -

I'm having a lot of fun with this game. Yes everything is in japanese but the menu's. Which makes doing some of the challenges a bit hard cause I don't know what they are yet. I plan on trying to S rank this game cause it is that fun, english or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.