Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Rumor: The Division delayed into 2015

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jimmyfenix

The Division could have been delayed into 2015, according to an anonymous source from within Ubisoft Massive. This could be utter bollocks though, so make of this what you will while we investigate further.

We’re currently on the phone / email / carrier pigeon to our entire Ubisoft contact list on this one, so bear with us. Our local rep said that the publisher won’t comment on rumour or speculation, but we’re digging deeper.

Speaking with GameReactor, the supposed source said, “The game engine works well, it is not clear but works well. Actual game development has barely begun, however. The fact that Ubisoft issued a 2014 release date seems laughable if I’ll be completely honest, we will never have time to release The Division this year. This is a big project, we have very far to go …”

If true, it follows Ubisoft’s delay of Watch Dogs and The Crew, as well as the entire restarting of Rainbow Six: Patriots.

Again, we’re looking into this right now to either confirm or debunk the rumour. Hang tight.

Source

From what Jeff was saying about The Crew that might be the next game to be delayed. I hope this does not affect Ubi's other releases such as Child of light and Watch_dogs.

Choi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Choi

O maaan, too bad. For some reason that's the next game game I' most hyped about. That and The Witness I guess...

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Rafaelfc

The number of games announced as 2014 releases with no release date attached is alarming.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least 40% of those games got pushed back to 2015.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

This honestly doesn't surprise me. I didn't have a lot of faith that this would come out this year. I guess we will see if this is true or not soon. I do trust Ubisoft to push it back if the game really needs it.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc: I have a feeling The Witcher 3 will get delayed.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rafaelfc said:

The number of games announced as 2014 releases with no release date attached is alarming.

I wouldn't be surprised if at least 40% of those games got pushed back to 2015.

That's the case for every year though. There's always a bunch of games with a vague release date coming into the new year, and some of those will get pushed back.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmm maybe ubisoft want less AAA games coming per year so they have a bigger sales on them so maybe the only AAA we get from ubisoft are watch dogs, The crew, next AC game and focus on smaller stuff like small rpg they are making, also we know few details about the division in therm on how all the sistem work, it is also the first game on the snow drop engine so there are running in some problems in making it,

Or maybe just are too close to Destiny and think people will get that game instead of The Division ( both loot game with rpg elements just the setting diferent )

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doesnt surprise me, that game has a big ambition, not to mention that game would overlap with destiny a bit, i just hope watch dogs comes out this year.

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup, doesn't surprise me at all. When Watch Dogs was pushed out of launch and Destiny into the fall I had a feeling there would be a domino effect for every big release being pushed back 6 months. I wouldn't be surprised if Division was pushed back even further. Ubi hypes everything they do early and they've mostly shown one level (that could be a vertical slice) and an engine demo. Was the level even playable by the press? I hope Witcher doesn't get delayed. 2014 is starting to look a bit barren outside a handful of the indie games, even more so than 2013.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't even think about it. You're probably right.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Klei

There's no way this game could have launched in 2014. I mean, no way at all.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@djou: You are right It looks like March will probably be the only best month of the year for games.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

As long as The Evil Within stays on track for a 2014 release, then I'm sorted!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By falserelic

@yummylee said:

As long as The Evil Within stays on track for a 2014 release, then I'm sorted!

Lee speaks the fucking truth! The Evil Within is on my radar.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By stonyman65

Fuck!

This generation is going great so far.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stonyman65: To be fair it is Ubisoft. Never believe any thing they say,

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By TheHT

"This could be utter bollocks though, so make of this what you will while we investigate further."

NEWS.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#18  Edited By sammo21

Honestly, anyone mad about this is crazy. Why wouldn't you want the game to be as good as possible before release? Otherwise you same people will be here complaining about how buggy the game is or how unfinished it is. This is why there should never even be a projected release date for a game announced until the game has gone gold...gamers, ugh.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By SharkEthic
    @klei said:

There's no way this game could have launched in 2014. I mean, no way at all.

Why is that?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

It was the game I was and am still most interested in playing.

After Black Flag I'm getting a little worried about how similar Watch_Dogs will play.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Honestly, I'm kind of happy after contemplating it for a bit. A game as MASSIVE as they're clamouring it to be takes time and the utmost dedication to create.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@deranged said:

Honestly, I'm kind of happy after contemplating it for a bit. A game as MASSIVE as they're clamouring it to be takes time and the utmost dedication to create.

Yup. Rather a delay than potentially ending up with another BF4 catastrophe.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

This always seemed to me like it was the furthest out from release of the main next-gen stuff debuted at the last E3, so when you look at when everything else is coming out, it makes sense that this would be 2015.

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Samaritan

This is actually the first time I even heard that this game was slated for 2014. I always assumed it was a 2015/2016 game. It looked so ambitious and so much more advanced (on an engine level) than almost anything else being shown for the current gen that it never even occurred to me it was being targeted for this year. So count my unsurprised by this, if it turns out this rumor is true.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By GaspoweR

Somewhat unlikely, they've been far along development for some time now though I wouldn't surprised if it got delayed for a few months for other reasons (e.g. possible launch of another big game in the same month, etc.)

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stonyman65: To be fair it is Ubisoft. Never believe any thing they say,

Yeah I know... It's just everything together that is just a big bummer.... Games getting delayed, games not coming out for a long time, new consoles being kind of screwed up on the OS level, lackluster next-gen games. I really hope this all gets better soon. If it isn't better by this time next year then we are in trouble! Hell, if its not better by E3 we are in trouble!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
    deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The king of video game delays (possibly) strikes again!

djou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimmyfenix: That's assuming that the next gen March games don't get delayed also. We haven't heard much about Titanfall game footage/demo-wise, ditto for Second Son. I'm assuming their release dates are predicated solely on fiscal year. It's not encouraging when games I thought would be launch games like the Witness don't even have a release date. Or that the Dark Souls beta went as poorly as they did with no rescheduling.

Personally I don't understand why there haven't been more UI updates? Or new apps, where's Twitch and Youtube? Both these would immediately extend the use of my PS4. Its not like Sony doesn't have version of these apps for their dozens of mobile/tablet devices. Even if its not in Microsoft or Sony's power to rush game devs you would think they could assign teams to create more apps.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm a lot of Ubisoft games seem to be having problems. Brad said there's a rumor that Watch Dogs was being delayed until Fall.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@jayeh said:

Hmm a lot of Ubisoft games seem to be having problems. Brad said there's a rumor that Watch Dogs was being delayed until Fall.

That seems like more of a good thing then bad. It gives the devs the time they need to make sure the games are as good as they can be. It's also nice because it spreads out this big AAA games. If watch dogs and assassians creed black flag both released this fall one would have been cannibalized by the other. By spreading out releases each game is able to have its time to shine(if it is good).v

@djou said:

@jimmyfenix: That's assuming that the next gen March games don't get delayed also. We haven't heard much about Titanfall game footage/demo-wise, ditto for Second Son. I'm assuming their release dates are predicated solely on fiscal year. It's not encouraging when games I thought would be launch games like the Witness don't even have a release date. Or that the Dark Souls beta went as poorly as they did with no rescheduling.

Personally I don't understand why there haven't been more UI updates? Or new apps, where's Twitch and Youtube? Both these would immediately extend the use of my PS4. Its not like Sony doesn't have version of these apps for their dozens of mobile/tablet devices. Even if its not in Microsoft or Sony's power to rush game devs you would think they could assign teams to create more apps.

First off The Witness never was said to be a launch title, or ever had an indicated release date. Idk why you thought it would be a launch title.

Second why do you assume there should/would be UI updates this soon? UI's are rarely changed for devices(see iphone, android, or even windows), and even when they are changed a lot (like with the xbox) its a yearly kind of deal; not a 2 month thing. Also apps take time to make my friend. Having apps on other platforms doesn't mean they will come quicker either. They can provide the developers a framework to go from, but when they are dealing with new hardware there are whole new hurdles and problems to face. It's not something they can just copy and paste.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I never believed it to be coming out in 2014 in the first place.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee said:
    @deranged said:

Yup. Rather a delay than potentially ending up with another BF4 catastrophe.

Agreed. While a bummer to have to wait longer. It means the game most likely will not be super busted on day one. Hopefully.

kishinfoulux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll wait longer if it means they have issues to iron out. Also 2014 is fucking jam packed already. I have no issues with it.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#35  Edited By monkeyking1969

I have to admit that "The Division" was one of the few games I was exited by for next Holiday. There are games I will buy and play, but aside from Titanfall this was 'the game' that had me interested. Sadly, I think big games will be very thin on the ground this year. We will see lots of indie games arrive, which will be very good, but blockbusters will be very thin.

I think we might even see some PS3 games ported to PS4 and XB360 games ported to XB One just to fill-in lineups. I think at e3 we will see a tone of up-res ports being readied for teh end of teh year to replace REAL current gen games that will miss the holiday. Its not that they know their own games won't show up, they know everyone elses games won't either. Any publisher who can make a quick port of a Triple-A 2012/2013 game will do that because it will be up against NOTHING.

notnert427

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

This has now unfortunately been made official. While not surprising, it's disappointing. With Watch_Dogs set to release shortly at nearly mid-2014, I imagine they didn't want The Division competing against it soon after. That, or more likely, they're struggling mightily to make the game actually run with graphics even remotely close to the snowdrop tech demo and still figuring out how/where to compromise. I'm curious to see what the final product of Watch_Dogs ends up actually being, because I figure The Division is headed down a similar path at this point. Now there's pretty much no 2014 game that I'm overly hyped about.

AlexGBRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Division just needs more time and it will be in oct/nov 2015 but this year we still get a lot of good games

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"We've been given increased resources, we're hiring lots at the moment and are given a lot of help from other Ubisoft teams which is going to be needed if we are to deliver a finished game by next fall. Sadly I still think that the date is a tad bit optimistic as we still don't have a functioning game and still have massive problems making our multiplayer component work at the concept stage." Source

That sounds more like 2016 to me which is kinda nuts.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.