Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's The Division

Game » consists of 9 releases. Released Mar 08, 2016

An online-only open-world shooter-RPG from Ubisoft Massive set in a chaotic New York City that is wrought by disease.

Where do you plan to play The Division?

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Where do you plan to play The Division? (287 votes)

Xbox One 14%
    PS4 34%
    PC 51%

Right now I've played the beta on Xbox One.

Not sure though, I have larger friends list on PS4. The PC version could be appealing for higher fps, but never feel right playing shooters on PC. I use gamepads and feel like that puts me at a disadvantage against mouse and keyboard players.

• 
    OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pc if the gamepad is viable, if not ps4.

Mister_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pc if the gamepad is viable, if not ps4.

It is. I used it in the closed beta and it works great.

PC for me.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

Xbone. That's where my friends are going to be playing it. I wouldn't be adverse to taking a look at it on PC later on if it isn't broken.

greased_ltng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbone because it's all I have!

twi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By twi

Ps4, gold edition all ready to go!

PSN ID - mbmsog

Hit me up if you want to team up

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By pyrodactyl

Playing on PC with gamepad sounds like a terrible idea considering the most interesting part of the game is half PvP.

I'm also skeptical if they're going to be able to prevent rampant cheating on PC.

Looks to me to be a much safer and fun experience on PS4 or Xbone

InstantRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know if I'm going to pick this up or not but I would be leaning towards PC, unless it ends up being totally broken/full of cheaters. With the game being the new free game with nvidia cards now, there will be some cheap codes on eBay and whatnot.

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4, bmccann42 if you are looking for someone who is non-rogue (except those accidental times)

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Ezekiel

I only have a PC now, but I won't play this. I'm not fond of stat-based shooting, where you have to work on the enemy's health and the guns you pick up in combat are ineffective, and I have no faith in Ubisoft. They're too big to make games that aren't generic and soulless.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

PS4....it just seems like a game I'd rather play on my bed with a headset and joypad.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing on PC with gamepad sounds like a terrible idea considering the most interesting part of the game is half PvP.

I'm also skeptical if they're going to be able to prevent rampant cheating on PC.

Looks to me to be a much safer and fun experience on PS4 or Xbone

I think it'll be about whether head shots are real important or not, as the game is more DPS (or it seems) i'm thinking it won't matter much. I won't know until tomorrow though.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By pyrodactyl

@oursin_360: People already ran the numbers. HP is king in the level bracket of the beta although you can probably have an advantage with a long rang DPS specked guy as long as he doesn't get shot. In the end game I bet you will be able to do crazy amounts of damage with marksman rifle head shots and the right gear/specs.

Cameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

That's tough, I don't trust them to keep the PC version free of cheaters, but I know that's probably the only version where I'll get 60FPS. I'm also not sure about longevity of the community on PC, though that will largely depend on the quality of the port (and the game itself). I'll probably hold off at least for a few weeks to see how the servers hold up and how the performance ends up being on PS4 and Xbox One.

JamesFargoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm lucky (or stupid) enough to have all three at my disposal and I chose the xbone version. Reasoning: I never use the xbox and I feel bad about that, the DLC is coming out first on xbox, I don't want to deal with the cheaters on PC, and my main coop buddies are also getting it for xbox.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Gonna check out the beta on ps4 when it starts. Not sure if I'll actually buy it.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

i played the closed beta on pc and then tried out the xbox one version last night and i'll definitely be sticking with the pc version

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wanna play PC but I feel more people will be on ps4 so probably that.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#20 riostarwind  Moderator

I'll be waiting for reviews before buying but the beta showed it had some promise. PS4 will be the console I play it on.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PS4 cause that's where my friends play. Otherwise it would be PC.

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pretty upset that "on the toilet" wasn't an option.

PS4, if I play it at all.

90sVibe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC for sure if it's a good port. If not PS4.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

@90svibe said:

PC version is great.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

PC with an Xbox One controller.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pennsylvania.

... PS4, if I do play it. My lappy would never be able to run it.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#28  Edited By GERALTITUDE

I'll be on console, my pc's kinda in rough shape.. :s

NeoZeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm with you @geraltitude. I don't think my aging PC has the chops to run this thing. PS4 for me. PSN ID is "Rezorian" if anyone is down for some action when the game launches. I would say the Beta too, but work hasn't given me much time to fire it up :(

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By GaspoweR

PC...coz that's where the rogues are at! With that said, going rogue is fine. You can be the type who doesn't taunt people or steal their loot, just doing it for the DZ funds. Going rogue/hunting rogues is probably the most fun you can have in the game especially if you group up and then end up in a long stand off versus other people.

Zurv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

PC here. Game controller support is great when i want to play on the TV.. I was much more effective in the Dark Zone when using the mouse. Being really good with the single shot weapons a mouse is a must. But spraying with other weapons i saw no real diff between controller and mouse.

I'm also going to be playing in 4k (TV or monitor). Wow the game looks great!

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By themangalist

On the toilet seat; I promise I will start up the companion app on my ipad (to do some division shit).

Substance_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mosdl said:
    @90svibe said:

PC version is great.

Yep, I can vouch for that, too. Played the most recent PC beta and it ran a lot more smoothly than I expected for an Ubi game.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

PC, I was probably going to get it anyway but I got a copy of it with this new GPU I got.

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PC.

PC, I was probably going to get it anyway but I got a copy of it with this new GPU I got.

Nice one.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@funkydupe: I think Nvidia is having a deal and such.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By 49th

I would play it on a boat and I would play it with a goat... and I will play it in the rain, and in the dark, and on a train. And in a car. And in a tree. It's probably going to be a good game you see.

I will even play it in a box, and with a fox lmao. But for real I'll probably be playing it in my house and I will play it with a mouse (and keyboard). I'll play it here and there. I will play Tom Clancy's The Division ANYWHERE!

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By Shivoa
    @substance_d said:
    @mosdl said:

PC version is great.

Yep, I can vouch for that, too. Played the most recent PC beta and it ran a lot more smoothly than I expected for an Ubi game.

Ye, open beta was great. The temporal super-sampling anti-aliasing actually works (on by default on all releases) and you can tweak how crisp you want the game with a sharpness filter (again, they even include it on consoles) but basically this game gets us back to how good games looked before DX11/deferred rendering shaders/post-AA (FXAA/MLAA/SMAA) without destroying your GPU to do it.

I've got a 2GB GTX760 (waiting out this new generation of GPUs to get a real perf jump at the end of Spring) and that meant tweaking the settings up from medium to get 1080p60 but even when you're doing that The Division still looks amazing (ye, that's what slightly tweaked medium settings look like). The game seems to handle textures etc automatically so it's not a case of having to pray to the VRAM Gods that you can have some detailed textures and set the setting right to not ruin your day. The game knows how much VRAM you have it fills it with the best textures it can stream in to maximise the detail of where you currently are - nothing is hyperdetailed but also nothing is overly muddy. I suspect a 4-8GB card would mean detailed textures load in further away as there's some slight texture fade in going on with my setup (especially when you quick-travel*) but it's no way near as bad as those old Unreal engine games.

There are also a couple of things that are still more detailed on PC than console. Shadows (especially on the higher settings if you're not pushing an old mid-range GPU like me) are significantly crisper and the Sun's shadows "tick" smoother. It's an open world game where, rather than the shadows "ticking" with the Sun's slow movement, it almost feels like they're recalculating every single frame (I'd actually guess it's updating something like 15fps as you can still sorta see it "tick") and that definitely wasn't the case on the PS4 (where it was single digits fps updates and clearly "ticked" when you stood looking at it move near you). The console version still looks great (at least on PS4 - that XBOne dynamic resolution stuff looks iffy), but the PC has a few tweaks that push it over the top.

* This is why I'm playing on PC. In the PS4 beta the quick-travel was a good excuse for a bio-break or grabbing a drink. On PC (thanks to SSDs) it was a couple of seconds. The mouse makes the DMR weapons more fun (because I've always preferred lining up headshots with the mouse) and the game feels ok with keyboard (as there is a dedicated sprint button, it's not like some games where WASD makes it a real pain to move around because the design expects an analogue stick) although I have wondered if the stealth is harder without a slow walk (not sure if the AI is less likely to "hear" players moving slower or if they just detect running vs walking).

avantegardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

' but never feel right playing shooters on PC '

Stage direction - *To be spoken in wacky voice*

Only Kids from the 90s will find this statement insane!

jadegl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My husband and I will be playing on the XBox One. For various reasons, it made the most sense.

We weren't even going to play it right away at first, but seeing people play online (Austin's stream, among others) kind of got us excited to try it. We play lots of shooters together, so this looks like it's our jam.

Lnin0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

On my ass because I cannot afford one of those sweet HTC Vive VR headsets that would allow me to move around my room.

mikey27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ps4, gold edition all ready to go!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.