What's your favorite Clancy series?

#1 Posted by MadMatr07 (200 posts) -

Personally, I have always loved the Splinter Cell games but I'm not sure how this new one is shaping up. Always was really into Rainbow Six too until Lockdown.

#2 Posted by Brucie (129 posts) -

Rainbow Six. I can't stand the Ghost Recon series

#3 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I would probably have to say Splinter Cell, but I'm hoping that Hawx turns out to be awesome as well. I just feel like the combat flying games have become stale lately and I would like some game to rejuvenate the genre.

#4 Posted by Dymach (36 posts) -

Yeah, I'd have to say Splinter Cell as well.  I'm actually quite excited for the next one, but who knows when it's going to come out seeing as they've apparently scrapped it and restarted. 

I love Rainbow Six 3 for PC as well (not a huge fan of the console ones), I played it for two and a half years with a great group.  But overall definitely Splinter Cell.

#5 Posted by Shadz (198 posts) -

RS: Vegas for sure.

#6 Posted by Tordah (2479 posts) -

It's very difficult to choose, but based on the few games I've played from each series (so far!) I have to say Rainbow Six. I remember enjoying the very first one on PC a long time ago and when I got Rainbow Six 3 for my Xbox it just blew me away.

The Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell series are both awesome as well.

#7 Posted by IncredibleBulk92 (936 posts) -

The original Ghost Recon game and its expansion packs are great games, the sequels aren't that great to me, the Rainbow Six Vegas games are pretty fricking cool.  I love the cover system.  The Tom Clancy game I'm looking forward to the most tho is End War, that game is gonna rock.

#8 Posted by Metamorphic (383 posts) -

Splinter Cell

#9 Posted by HistoryInRust (6315 posts) -

If only for the original and Chaos Theory, I'm going with Splinter Cell. 

#10 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Splinter Cell because of Chaos Theory, but the RS: Vegas games have been pretty sweet.

#11 Posted by xruntime (1920 posts) -

Rainbow Six. That means Rainbow Six 1, Rogue Spear, Raven Shield.

#12 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Any Rainbow Six game before Lockdown.

#13 Posted by Wuffi (246 posts) -

splinter cell chaos theory was fkin amazing had some really cool multiplayer aspects

#14 Posted by Dudacles (1455 posts) -

Hmm. Tough one. I love Splinter Cell, as well as Ghost Recon, but my favourite is Rainbox Six I think. That game just plays so damn well. I'm currently playing though Endwar, which is enjoyable as well. Really, all of Tom Clancy's titles are great. The demo for HAWX didn't really turn me on though, I'll wait how the retail version turns out.

#15 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Ubisoft ruined them all, so, none. But I like ye olde original Ghost Recon (nothing like GRAW), the Rainbow Six games up to Raven Shield, and I think Splinter Cell was an okay effort that didn't improve in the right directions with future titles and doesn't hold a candle to MGS as far as stealth gameplay goes. Yes, yes, okay, it has more gameplay and less movies, but I still prefer MGS gameplay as little as it is and the prospect of a western developer making a similar game with more realism and less movies is awesome but Ubi never realise it.

#16 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

The old Rainbow Six games ending with Raven Shield, Ghost Recon and it's expansion packs, first three Splinter Cells.

#17 Posted by pweidman (2334 posts) -

Original Recon  and the RB6:Vegas games easily....SC is awesome too, just not so much my preferred gameplay.

#18 Posted by Al3xand3r (7574 posts) -

Nice to see several fans of the original Ghost Recon. What I wouldn't give for a remake (or proper sequel, not like GRAW), perhaps with the movement "feel' seen in Raven Shield (how awesome was it the first time you tried to go up/down stairs in that game?) and elements from other modern titles.

#19 Posted by Alexander (1721 posts) -

I miss the days when Tom Clancy games were more realistic.

That said I greatly enjoyed GRAW 1 & 2, and Rainbow Six: Vegas was great fun. The Splinter Cell series was at it's height with Chaos Theory - I'm just hoping the next one will live up to it.

Too difficult to pick between Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six and Splinter Cell.

I can tell you that it certainly isn't The Sum of All Fears... and probably won't be HAWX either.

#20 Posted by Daz0608 (384 posts) -

Rainbow Six, I didn't like GRAW at all

#21 Posted by Binman88 (3687 posts) -

Rainbow Six with Ravenshield being my favourite of the lot, which I think is their last really good game in that series. Also, the original Ghost Recon games and the Splinter Cell series excluding Double Agent.
That's not to say I had a major problem with the newer games - Vegas 1,2 and Advanced Warfighter 1,2 - I just much preferred the earlier titles.

#22 Posted by Jeffsekai (7032 posts) -

GRAW is ther best one hands down so amazing, cant wait for GRAW 3

#23 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Splinter Cell. I love me some sam fisher!

#24 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

Oh man....ummmm......Ghost Recon? no, Rainbow Six. NO! Splinter Cell...idk

#25 Edited by RIP_Icewood (97 posts) -

I gotta go with the first Tom Clancy game I played, the original Splinter Cell. That game blew me away with its graphics and gameplay. It showed what the original xbox could do. Chaos Theory (one of my favorite games EVER) improved on the gameplay and really took advantage of the Xbox graphics wise. Not to mention the story is pretty sick. Im very very dissappointed with Ubisoft for what their doing with Conviction if that game ever sees the light of day.

#26 Posted by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

Used to love the splinter cell series, but then they messed with it.  I also used to enjoy the ghost recon series, but then they messed with that.  Oh, and rainbow six was awesome, but they messed with that too (cheesy arcade shooter in vegas... what a joke!).

#27 Posted by GamePunisher85 (40 posts) -

Splinter Cell ofc

#28 Posted by NTM (7379 posts) -

I love all the main ones.

#29 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Rainbow Six

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.