Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Future Soldier is the first in Ubisoft's long-running Ghost Recon series of tactical shooters to take place in the near-future.

Here's the first 15 minutes of GRFS

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#1  Edited By Vinny_Says

I'm not sure what I think of this yet but that part with the cellphone and the warhead was pretty crazy. I didn't think they would be back in Mexico but then again I can't remember the ending to GRAW 2.

What are your thoughts duders? Excited for this game? Could not give a shit? Did the beta whet your appetite for multiplayer GR?

Divina_Rex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Divina_Rex

@Vinny_Says said:

I'm not sure what I think of this yet but that part with the cellphone and the warhead was pretty crazy. I didn't think they would be back in Mexico but then again I can't remember the ending to GRAW 2.

What are your thoughts duders? Excited for this game? Could not give a shit? Did the beta whet your appetite for multiplayer GR?

Mitchell dies in at the end GRAW 2 in order to stop a nuke from hitting D.C.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By GunstarRed

I got this in the post yesterday and I'm about 8 or so missions into the campaign and the game is full of tiny little grnghghhhghg things that make you want to punch babies. There is so much trial and error stealth in the game with instant failure for being spotted by inconsistent A.I. I have also run across moments where the next part of the mission wont kick in because you haven't killed one enemy that decided they just want to hang out in a corner somewhere glitching on some scenery.

I was so, so excited for the game and when it works it is really quite wonderful, but the game has a bunch of problems with the heavy emphasis on stealth in almost every single mission, failing over and over again and not being told why is really frustrating. Certain parts of the game look really pretty and the cutscenes are really, really, really ugly

Here is the most important part about it though. In a mission where you have to shoot your way out of a church some violin dubstep starts up.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By NTM

I absolutely love almost all of the main Tom Clancy games, (i.e. Ghost Recon, Rainbow Six, and Splinter Cell), I loved G.R.A.W. and G.R.A.W. 2, now while I don't expect this to be entirely similar, I am somewhat excited for it nonetheless. I'll have to watch this.

Edit - Huh, so some of the characters from the past Ghost Recon games (novels) die huh? I don't know, so far, the game is looking a bit... wonky? No, I don't know the word I'm looking for. It doesn't look like it's as high quality as you could expect a Tom Clancy (a Ghost Recon) game to be. I mean, it looks kind of fun, and as I just saw, the body animations looked pretty realistic, but those facials are nearly last gen.

@Divina_Rex: No he doesn't. He "goes home". He's also in the book that takes place just before this game.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GunstarRed

@NTM: From what I have seen it's really inconsistent, when theres areas with large flowing smoke or fire it looks amazing. The ice and snow missions are really cool looking also, but other areas feel slightly unfinished or empty. The faces in between missions just don't look like they should be in a game made in 2012, all the story stuff seems like an afterthought to be honest.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NTM

@GunstarRed: Huh... Interesting. Anyways, is this game out already or something? Am I missing something? Did I miss the date of when it was to come out?

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By GunstarRed

@NTM: nope, It's weird it shouldn't even be out until friday here, the place i bought it from online just sent it out on friday. There are tons of people playing it online also.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By NTM

@GunstarRed: Yeah, I just checked. It comes out in two days. Damn... I need to play so many games! I should be really excited for this game, but there are a few reasons why I'm not. Also, I kind of wish this was G.R.A.W. 3 with Scott Mitchell in it. Is Scott Mitchell in this one? I know, the characters in the game aren't that fleshed out, but if you know, I would like to know as well, thanks.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FourWude

The more I see of this game, the less I want it. Even the official advert is aping COD in all its overblown and overwrought shittyness.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By GunstarRed

@NTM: No, not so far. I was convinced he died at the end of 2, it was kinda left open. I really liked that game a whole lot. There's a little more of an emphasis on character building for the squad, but it often feels flat. It's a lot of digs at Navy Seals and how they're always ready to do their shit no questions asked. It's like a less interesting Army of Two. Theres a little background to one of the team that is half Russian, but it is mostly "hey, we are in Russia, you're part Russian how do you feel about that?" kind of conversation.

Edit - I am a total idiot. I totally forgot Steve Blum voiced Mitchell in those games, it has been so long since I played the SP of GRAW2. He talks to you between missions, i'm not sure if they have called him by name though.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Venatio

@GunstarRed said:

@NTM: No, not so far. I was convinced he died at the end of 2, it was kinda left open. I really liked that game a whole lot. There's a little more of an emphasis on character building for the squad, but it often feels flat. It's a lot of digs at Navy Seals and how they're always ready to do their shit no questions asked. It's like a less interesting Army of Two. Theres a little background to one of the team that is half Russian, but it is mostly "hey, we are in Russia, you're part Russian how do you feel about that?" kind of conversation.

He couldn't have died in GRAW 2, he's a commander in Endwar and he also pops up in H.A.W.X.

I find it strange that I know that, seeing as how the characters are so nonimportant in those games but I do, huge fan of both GRAW games

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ShaneDev

The graphics seem all over the place, one minute it looks quite good and the next it looks like a Wii game.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

@Venatio said:

@GunstarRed said:

He couldn't have died in GRAW 2, he's a commander in Endwar and he also pops up in H.A.W.X.

I find it strange that I know that, seeing as how the characters are so nonimportant in those games but I do, huge fan of both GRAW games

Yeah, as I said before, he didn't die. I didn't get the impression at all that he died, 'cause he was laying down and moving as General Keating was saying good job, you're going home. He's also in the novel that takes place a few years before this. I think you find it strange 'cause you think you're in the minority; that is if you cared about the characters enough, which I did. I loved G.R.A.W. and while G.R.A.W. 2 was shorter, I loved that even more. I think even today, it's still a unique cover based tactical shooter. I mean, it may be small, but the fact that you can (while in cover) peak your head out as much or as little depending on how hard you push the left stick forward, was, and still is great. Also, his running (and overall) animation just seemed like he was grounded in the action. Anyways, I can go on and on about just small things that I loved, but no need, we're talking about the new one.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I want to watch it because I'm curious but after having to go through 5 hours of someone fumbling with a controller stick in Max Payne 3 I just can't take it anymore, you people need MICEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By hoossy

@AhmadMetallic: you should tell the good folks at microsoft and sony to get right on that for the next set of consoles....

Also, this game is sounding like a good gamefly choice for me, play and return...

kartanaold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By kartanaold

To the people that are already playing: how is the multiplayer? There seems to be some kind of 'co-op against bots'.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By Rohok

Mitchell didn't die in GRAW 2, he's the company commander. He's the guy in the beginning when they're loading up onto the C130 that the black dude greets with "Major." He can't be dead anyway because he was a top dog in End War, and GRAW 2 takes place before End War.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.