Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Future Soldier

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released May 22, 2012

Future Soldier is the first in Ubisoft's long-running Ghost Recon series of tactical shooters to take place in the near-future.

The guided experience.

Avatar image for captainlunchbox
    Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 20

Edited By Captainlunchbox

Playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier made me realize something: I hate just about every campaign in ever war game I've played for the last 4 years.

And my messages to developers is this: Leave me the fuck alone. Let me play your game. Let me figure out how I want to approach the situation. Don't have AI ready to do some crazy shit on my mark. Don't let them run the show. Let me. It's all I really want. I loved playing terrorist hunts in Rainbow 6 Vegas. There's something to be enjoyed in setting up a breach or doing my own recon and figuring out how I want to approach and execute. Get out of the way and just let me have my fun.

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Playing Ghost Recon Future Soldier made me realize something: I hate just about every campaign in ever war game I've played for the last 4 years.

And my messages to developers is this: Leave me the fuck alone. Let me play your game. Let me figure out how I want to approach the situation. Don't have AI ready to do some crazy shit on my mark. Don't let them run the show. Let me. It's all I really want. I loved playing terrorist hunts in Rainbow 6 Vegas. There's something to be enjoyed in setting up a breach or doing my own recon and figuring out how I want to approach and execute. Get out of the way and just let me have my fun.

SilentZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By SilentZero

Yea the AI seemed pretty ready to jump the gun at times only times I seen them calm down is when you have at the very least two other people with you. I see what they were trying to do by trying to make the AI more active than dumb bullet sponges. I've had times though where they spazed out and shot an enemy before my human teammates were ready, and after being spotted, proceeded to rush forward and clear the entire area by itself (this was elite mode), it was a bit jarring and a little annoying.

Captainlunchbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Captainlunchbox

Another thing is the "GO HERE! HERE! RIGHT HERE!" markers that appear every for or 10 meters. That bugs the shit out of me. I played it co-op and the experience was much better overall. Less AI is better.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.