The year is 2010, and major changes are afoot in Cuba
. Fidel Castro's
heirs were unable to keep the revolutionary flame burning, and a surprise uprising has toppled the Communist regime.
In it's wake, a fragile hope for democracy emerges. The interim President, Pedro Ebana, promises free elections, and requests international aide to safeguard said elections. For there are those in Cuba who still do not want a democratic regime, and they will do anything it takes - subversion, violence or open revolution - to make certain that Cuba's future is one that they will make for themselves.
From the midst of chaos, comes the call for the Ghosts. Their mission: to ensure the integrity of the new Democratic Cuban elections and to thwart any attempts made to subvert them. As a violent revolution funded with drug money brews in the Western Provinces, it becomes clear that this will be the most dangerous mission the Ghosts have ever faced.
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Island Thunder is an expansion for the original Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon
. It consists of an all new single player campaign as well as a plethura of new multiplayer maps and modes.
New additions include:
- 5 new multiplayer maps
- 3 new multiplayer modes including Cat and Mouse, Behemoth, and Defend
- 8 mission single-player campaign set in Cuba
- 12 new weapons including the SR-25 Silenced Sniper Rifle and the MM-1 Grenade Launcher
- An improved AAR (After-Action Review)
- Improved binoculars
- Cinematic insertion and extraction sequences
As in the original Ghost Recon, completing secondary objectives will reward you with all new specialist characters. Some objectives will be time-based while others will include rescuing civilians, capturing hostile leaders, and blowing up enemy ammunition and weapon stockpiles.
There are a number of new weapons available in Island Thunder. Some will appear in the hands of unlocked Specialist characters while others may only be available in Multiplayer or Quick Mission modes.
New weapons include:
- Russian 7.62mm DP
- MM-1 Grenade Launcher
- SA 25
- SR-25 (Silenced and Non-Silenced Versions)
- 9mm SA Pistol
- Russian 9mm Pistol
Rifleman now have access to the AK-74
and the AK-47
Assault Rifles in multiplayer and quick mission modes.
The AGS-17 Automatic Grenade Launcher system can now be found in multiple missions. It functions much like the emplaced .50 Calibre Machine Gun
Minimum Requirements (PC)
- CPU: Pentium 2 with 450MHz or equivalent
- Memory: 128MB of RAM
- Operation System: Windows 9X/ME/2000/XP
- DirectX: DirectX 8.0 or higher (Included with Retail Version)
- Video Card: 16MB DirectX 8 compatible 3D Card
- Hard Drive Space: 500MB Minimum
- CD-ROM: 4X or better
- Audio: DirectX 8.0 or compatible
- Sound Card: DirectX 8.0 or compatible
- Internet/Network Play: TCP/IP Internet or LAN Connection
- Original Ghost Recon is Required