Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2

Game » consists of 17 releases. Released Sep 07, 2010

Take to the skies in this Clancy-infused flight combat game.

After downloading the demo...

RetroMetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By RetroMetal

I've gotta say it seems like the "story" of this game was an afterthought or a joke.  It literally reminded me of something hooky like a saturday morning cartoon.  It was so over-dramatic with terrible voice acting and premise.

The framerate and overall quality of the story's cutscenes was laughable as well.

I'm not saying that HAWX1 was epic or memorable storytelling, in fact I've always wondered why this is even a franchise.

It's not all the story I have issues with, this series doesn't "feel" good for a jet fighter game.  The planes don't seem to have any weight or substance behind them.  I never felt like I was ever in any "danger" of getting shot down.  It's pretty sad when an "arcadey" jet fighter game such as the Air Combat/Ace Combat series feels like a serious flight simulation in comparison.

Sorry fans of this franchise, it's just not for me at all.

At least I've played the first and tried the demo of the 2nd one before forming an opinion, right?

Heck I WANTED to like this franchise.

DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DrPockets000

What's the story? 

For the record, I don't like HAWX either, I just want a laugh.

ConfuciusOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By ConfuciusOne
    @DrPockets000: Russia something, something.   

I played the demo and was extremely underwhelmed.  I actually enjoyed the first game so I don't know if they changed something or maybe I was just in a shitty mood.
    DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DrPockets000
    @ConfuciusOne said:
    " @DrPockets000: Russia something, something.   
    I should have guessed.
    Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Mrnitropb
    @ConfuciusOne said:
    " @DrPockets000: Russia something, something.    I played the demo and was extremely underwhelmed.  I actually enjoyed the first game so I don't know if they changed something or maybe I was just in a shitty mood. "
    No its pretty damned underwhelming. And i likes me some flying games. But not so much this one.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.