Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

Tom Clancy's HAWX put the player in a variety of aircraft and their goal is to defend various countries from foreign attack

Demo Available on XBLM

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Now available to download for all regions, kinda looking forward to another flight game.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Jayge_

I've pumped a few hours into this so far. It's a buy for me. It's fun as fuck.

Hdfisise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Hdfisise

It is a good game but fundamentally its all too similar to Ace Combat 6 so I would get whatever one is cheaper :\

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Yes. Ubisoft will probably drop this thing's price 10-20 dollars within two weeks of release. Everyone should probably just wait until then to buy it.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5  Edited By BigBoss1911
    Jayge said:
    "Yes. Ubisoft will probably drop this thing's price 10-20 dollars within two weeks of release. Everyone should probably just wait until then to buy it."
    Within two weeks?Keep dreaming.
    gla55jAw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 31

#6  Edited By gla55jAw

I played both this demo and the Ace Combat 6 demo today and they both seemed the same. I want to like it but I just didn't find it fun and extremely hard.

Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Lieutenant
    Lieutenant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Lieutenant
    BigBoss1911 said:
    "Jayge said:
    "Yes. Ubisoft will probably drop this thing's price 10-20 dollars within two weeks of release. Everyone should probably just wait until then to buy it."
    Within two weeks?Keep dreaming."
    Not really Ubisoft's doing but Amazon dropped the price to $40ish within a month of release. Wasn't a permanent drop either.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Ace Combat 6 is the shit, HAWX seems alright minus that stupid camera angle that you have to use in the training mode. This game will tide me over till the next Ace Combat comes out, hopefully I can track down a flight stick for the game though.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jayge_
    Lieutenant said:
    "BigBoss1911 said:
    "Jayge said:
    Not really Ubisoft's doing but Amazon dropped the price to $40ish within a month of release. Wasn't a permanent drop either."
    Gamestop and Amazon dropped Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia, and EndWar within weeks of their release. It wasn't permanent, but there is a good chance they'll continue the trend.
    Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pibo47

I fucking hate HAWX. Been playing the demo...i fucking hate that fucking shit game. ARGHHH!

Thunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thunder

cool im gonna go DL it see if its anygood

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13  Edited By Karmum
    BigBoss1911 said:
    "Jayge said:
    Talk to Prince of Persia about its price. It went from like $60 to $40 within several weeks.
    CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By CreamyGoodness

downloading now

Avatar image for masterofpenguins_zell
    MasterOfPenguins_Zell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I liked it, and yeah, it did remind me of Ace Combat 6, but had the aesthetic of a Tom Clancy game. Also, I didn't do as good at Ace Combat 6, but maybe I cut the demo too short, I think I'm going to try and borrow it from a friend of mine who owns and loves it.

I liked playing the game, but all the controls of flying sims always are so counter-intuitive to me, so I play extremely badly. I wish I could make controls like StarFox 64, but always in All Range Mode.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16  Edited By albedos_shadow

It took me a while to get used to the non-assisted controls, but once you get a hang of it, it feels awesome having that much maneuverability.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Hitchenson

I fucking hate H.A.W.X.
    Not for the obvious reasons that I don't like the gameplay, and find it dull and repetitive either, but cos' it broke my 360! GAR!
    Thats right, my 360 is fine. No problems in over 2 years, then bam! as soon as I go on co-op with the demo, screen goes green and fuzzy. All of a sudden there it is, that One red light - E74 error message, which'll cost me £82!

p.s. I realise the odds of H.A.W.X. breaking my 360 are near impossible but still... FUCK YOU UBISOFT, FUCK YOU!

CharleyTony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By CharleyTony

Tried the demo a couple of times, is it just me or does the manual mode feel easier than the automatic assisted mode ?

manual mode plays like an arcade game

I would prefer a far behind the plane camera and a button to line up the camera with a target ... right now most of the time (in manual mode) you just see the side of the plane.

And the assisted mode ... I CANT PLAY IT !! having trouble with the controls... Did these guys simply switch the names of the modes ??

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#19  Edited By Chummy8

Worth a shot at least.  Thank god for demos.

IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By IceColdGamer

Definitely not impressed with Ubisoft's handling of the TC name on this game. It's an unrealistic, far-fetched storyline with a sub-par gameplay style. It rips a page right out of Ace Combat and claims realism and clancy-ness but fails miserably. I guarantee this entire game will consist of diving up and turning around so you can dive-bomb 40 tanks to move on to the next mission where, surpise! you're attacked my more planes.

The graphics are pretty, that's about all.

Avatar image for incrediblebulk92
    IncredibleBulk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By IncredibleBulk92

Wow a lot of negative reaction here, weird I thought the demo was pretty good.  I love the amount of control that the non-assisted mode gives you.  It's a lot more satisfying than any of the Ace Combat games.  I love that it's almost constant action too, Air Combat games need that to keep interesting.  Holding down the throttle for 5 mins is not fun.

Think I'll rent it at least when it comes out.
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

Got bored of the demo within 3 minutes, not a fan. Also, I have no idea who would want to defend Tom Clancy games. They stopped being good years ago, as if he has any real say at all in them anymore since Ubisoft can just throw his name onto anything they feel like. Even when he had a small say, it didn't matter, I'm sure his basic thought was "Does it involve terrorist of somekind taking hostages or blowing stuff up while trying to make a serious powerful story but failing once more? Okay good, now i'm waiting for my paycheck" and nothing more.

Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By Jedted

Played the demo for a few hours in online co-op and overall i'm liking it a lot.  The manual flight controls are really sweet in dogfights and really give you an edge.

Can't wait to see this game when it comes out!

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Captain_Fookup

If you can't wait for the game to come out and want to get better at that kind of game, pick up Ace Combat 6.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By pyromaniac

Man this game is fun as hell.....

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.