Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

Tom Clancy's HAWX put the player in a variety of aircraft and their goal is to defend various countries from foreign attack

OFF mode camera. Its cinematic.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mrnitropb

And by cinematic I mean irritating to the point of almost being un playable. Try doing a bombing run in the Harrier in off mode. Unpossible.

Which is just annoying becasue I really prefer the controls in off mode, I just want to control the camera. Did Too Human not teach them anything?!

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Are you talking about that crappy off centre camera angle that the game forces you to use in the training level?

Bioderm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Bioderm

I hate that mode too why couldnt they let us use what ever camera we liked instead of the cinematic. For me this game would have been great but the cinematic thing ruined it

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By PureRok

You only have to use it on the training level. I never once used it on the next level and I did just fine. You can still do everything you could do before, you just can't see it (plus you get the cool assist program that shows you the best flight path to intercept/dodge things). Why you would ever want to use the OFF mode is beyond me.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mrnitropb

I'm guessing alot of reviews are going to draw parallels to Too Human.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Jayge_

First of all, Too Human's camera was fine. Second of all, you shouldn't be doing bombings in Assistance OFF mode. Off mode is to help you get a better perspective in a dogfight so that you can maneuver, control and position yourself better when facing one or multiple enemy planes. That's why the camera helps by panning to the side a bit more and zooming out so far. Once you get used to it, it's amazing. Unless you're stupid enough to play with Expert controls, which are straight up broken for Off mode. Even then, if you don't want to use it, nobody is making you.

Mrnitropb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mrnitropb

Yes too human's camera was fine, once you got used to the idea of never really being in control of it. Even on my last epic loot run I still occasional swung my sword trying to adjust the camera.

I just really don't like that the mode that give you the most control over the plane, and hence funnest to play, forces this camera scheme on you. You look at it as an improvement, allowing you to get a better perspective, I view it as a limitation. No puns were intended in this paragraph.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Jayge_
    Mrnitropb said:
    "Yes too human's camera was fine, once you got used to the idea of never really being in control of it. Even on my last epic loot run I still occasional swung my sword trying to adjust the camera. I just really don't like that the mode that give you the most control over the plane, and hence funnest to play, forces this camera scheme on you. You look at it as an improvement, allowing you to get a better perspective, I view it as a limitation. No puns were intended in this paragraph."
    It's not so much that the off-mode gives you most control over the plane, I think it's more that you can see yourself and what you're doing in the cockpit entirely. It offers you a bit more handling in return for the ability to stall, but it's not necessary at all. To each his own I guess.
    Jedted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By Jedted

The OFF mode sucks for bombing runs and attacking ground/sea targets but it works wonders in dogfights and it saved me numerous times when doging missles.  I still wish it was easier to switch between the 2 modes, double tapping the left/right trigger gets pretty tedious and it doesn't always work.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.