Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Mar 03, 2009

Tom Clancy's HAWX put the player in a variety of aircraft and their goal is to defend various countries from foreign attack

One Surprisingly Low-Rent Game

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Cheapoz

So I've borrowed this off my brother. I'm really surprised how low-rent this game looks. It plays okay, it just is presented horridly.

I know this game wasn't  intended to be (shudder) a Triple-A title, nor has coming off RE5 helped my impressions, but the presentation of HAWX is soooo lacking.

• Horrid cut scenes have the planes look like they're floating, not flying at 1500kmh and lack any real detail
    • Little movies in the corner of the screen are horridly lip synced (I'm guessing they're the same animation for each localisation)
    • "Story telling" is at its most gamey. PMCs care about nothing but getting paid right? If we say it 5-7 times a mission, maybe you'll get the point!
    • The narrative device of using letters/emails to convey what is happening in the game is so lazy it's pretty much unforgivable
    • Voice acting is bad. Hella bad. Particularly from those playing the Ghosts. "WE GOTTA GET MOVING" is screamed so poorly it sounds like someone being forced to be angry

In summary; if it wasn't for the Ubisoft logo (does it carry quality?), the Tom Clancy's name (don't forget 's), and some big marketing, this game would be considered a 'straight to DVD' quality title.

It should've gone 'straight to PS2'.
    PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By PureRok

Really? I thought the game was one of the best looking flight arcade-sims I have ever played. Did you play it on the PC or some console?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Dood, this game sucks hardcore.  It's absolutely boredom-inducing.  Sure, there are a couple of nifty things they added to the formula in order to ease up on the whole flight-sim genre, but the game is just too damn easy and the co-op isn't even that fun.

Cheapoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Cheapoz
    PureRok said:
    "Really? I thought the game was one of the best looking flight arcade-sims I have ever played. Did you play it on the PC or some console?"
    The look of the game, in-game is
    okay, but I take more issue with the cinematics and those stupid email screens.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.