Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

Game » consists of 6 releases.

A cancelled entry in Ubisoft's tactical shooter series that would have been about an armed uprising against the US government. The game was succeeded by Rainbow Six: Siege.

Is this game dead?

dantad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By dantad

No mention of it at Ubisofts E3 conference :(

I really hope its comes to the next gen consoles, had sooo much fun with the Vegas games on 360.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Oh man, I just realized this was supposed to be something in the works, too.

I remember the article talking about the story experimenting with the idea of homegrown terrorism and found it intriguing. I know we're only a few months removed from the tragic Boston bombings, but I don't think that'd be reason for them to not talk about Rainbow 6: Patriots at all.

hmmisee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really hope not. I don't think that it's going to come out in 2013 that's for sure.

Sagalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Sagalla

I loved everything about Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2, especially terrorist hunt. I want this game to come out but only if it has a similar feel to the last couple of games, otherwise it would just be another military shooter

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The initial trailer made it seem like it was chasing CoD money, so I'm not concerned either way.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By monkeyking1969

God I hope not, that concept seemed cool and the story engaged me. One of the videos I remember was a group of guys barging into an executive's office, strapped a bomb to him, pushing him out the window of a sixty story building, and then detonating him above the street.

I do recall that much of what I saw of that game was taking 'business executives' hostage, putting bombs on them and then making them run away only to detonate them in crowds. I wonder if 'business executives' at the publisher started to feel uncomfortable with that imagery? LOL.

Nivash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this game has been in development too long considering the themes that early trailer were hinting at. Occupy Wall street is so 2011. If they went ahead and released it with that theme next year it would look downright anachronistic.

If they stick to the domestic terrorism angle, expect considerable retooling.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.