Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots

Game » consists of 6 releases.

A cancelled entry in Ubisoft's tactical shooter series that would have been about an armed uprising against the US government. The game was succeeded by Rainbow Six: Siege.

It's going Next-Gen, yo!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

IGN: E3 2013: Rainbow 6: Patriots is Next-Gen

"And Rainbow 6 got caught in the transition of going to next-gen and essentially we’re figuring out ‘well, are we making the right game for the right hardware systems?’ And you know, on Watch Dogs, the guys have been working on that game and it’s always been a next-generation game in their minds and the way they were designing it. And at the end of the day when the specs showed up for next generation, they had guessed right. That’s not always the case.” ..

For further clarification, we directly asked Key if it’s safe to say the game will be next-gen at this point, and he simply said “yes.”

Aw, shit. Yo. So, The Division looked cool.. But,. well 3rd-person is just not the same. Rainbow 6 going next-gen, confirmed, is fucking awesome. Their old 'Patriots director left, (Sears) and the rumor was that he didn't seem to get along with Ubi.. So that's weird. David Sears' had that H-Hour KickStarter, and it seems like its going slow.. Too slow.

But anyway, at least this isn't canceled. Fucking Dope. :D

Well, I love their old video.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
    EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Well... that was a close one! I was worried when there were rumors of reservations being cancelled and everything, but I'm guessing the preorders that got shut down were for the transitioning generation's consoles and not the upcoming ones. I am definitely excited to see everything that have in store for Patriots.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wasn't it Next Gen to begin with? I'm not really surprised by this.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Winternet

You're going Next Gen.

Avatar image for green_incarnate
    Green_Incarnate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is there a not actual gameplay footage note in the corner?

Zojirushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@green_incarnate: Because it's probably not actual gameplay footage but your guess is as good as mine!

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I can see really good multiplayer coming out of this. They could build a merged-world between single and multiplayer the way 'The Division' does.

They could have instanced terrorist lock downs, where you're trying to infiltrate a huge building. You could maybe have large-lobby groups where groups, and have sub-groups in those. I.e. They could have Bravo, Charlie, and Foxtrot, could all secure the top seven floors. Alpha and Delta could secure the entrance, outside, and the first few floors. While "Gila" squad can secure the rooftop.

Or just you know, whatever. Something cool like that.. :)

Nubikal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Just when I had lost hope on this game, great news.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

Man, that initial "non-footage" was incredible! I'm sad that there hasn't been any news surrounding this as of late, The Division has picked up some slack, but I've been playing Vegas 2 like a mad man lately and I need my Rainbow Six fix!

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By pweidman

Great news. I guess it just took a back seat to all of UBI's new stuff lately. Far too great of a franchise to leave behind. Both Vegas games were fantastic and gave me so many hrs. of fun.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Why is there a not actual gameplay footage note in the corner?

The "UK" bit in parenthesis probably. Trailers shown here need to have that disclaimer when they're showing pre-rendered footage, which goes as far back as the PS2 era. Not quite sure what set it off, but here's one of the earlier ones...

Anyway, hope that hasn't been eating away at you for the last five weeks.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.