Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas

Game » consists of 16 releases. Released Nov 20, 2006

A reboot of sorts for the Rainbow Six series, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas drops the player into a fictional version of Las Vegas to stop a terrorist plot.

This game still doesn't work on Steam...

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

I asked this same question last year, but want to ask again to see if anyone knows how to fix it since I haven't found any solutions. All that happens is once I install the game, I click on play as usual, but when I do that, an update pops up saying Rainbow Six Vegas GameUpdate. There's two lines, and the top is the one with small green squares progressing to the right which indicates that there's a patch installing, but once it's done it quits out.  

After a couple of seconds of loading as if the game were to start, and the little gamer icon down at the bottom right (where it says VIEW FRIENDS) is green for those few second, then all of a sudden it goes back to blue. Nothing happens at all. And it also says LAST PLAYED TODAY where you click to play the game. It's been frustrating, and I'd like to see if it runs better than it originally did. I hope the details I described were clear enough to all of you and if you find me a solution, thank you very much.

Funzzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Funzzo

I have not tried to play vegas but I do own a retail version of vegas 2. I patched it and it still runs like shit almost to the point that I would call it a broken game. I have way more spec then needed to run this game so I cant figure out why it runs so bad. 8-10 FPS and to put that in prospective I get 60+ frames in dead space 2 maxxed out. It might be a win7 thing. are you using win7?
    NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By NTM
    @Funzzo:
    No, Vista64.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.