Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Here's Mr. Ironside talking about Fisher leading up to Blacklist.

Jace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Jace

It's sad to see someone who put so much time into a character have to leave because of poor direction from the company that owns the name. How do you guys feel about it?

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Rohok

Blacklist really does look awful. Poor direction is an understatement. Great actor who brought a lot to Sam Fisher. Double Agent was the last one for me, but Conviction still had a strong Sam Fisher character and I feel the story made it a great finish to the series. The gameplay, not so much...

Atta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Atta

i find the direction they are taking the series in general is horrible. it's really a different game entirely and sadly nothing like the old splinter cells

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#4  Edited By Humanity

I think it looks fine and could really care less who voices Sam or how old he is. I want David Hayter doing Solid Snake but Sam Fischer? Ehh whatever, just get a gruffy dood. I don't mind trying something different so the new Blacklist looks interesting.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

I just watched the E3 video and it reminded me a lot of Assassins Creed. Ironically I want both games to be more sneaking, less killing but both are heading the way of killing as many people as possible in the most bombastic ways possible. And I wouldn't mind the change in voice cast but to get a young dude while Fischer is clearly in his late 40's if not in his 50's is stupid, that's what I'm frustrated with.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Meltac

This just makes me like Ironside even more, and dislike Blacklist even more. I really don't care for the direction they have taken the game. Conviction was an okay game, but it did not feel like a Splinter Cell game. 

MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MeierTheRed

Ironside was a perfect fit for Fisher, and i'm sad that he is remove from the series. But maybe its for the best, Conviction was horrible, and Blacksite looks like a big pile of dog feces. I was dumb enough to actually buy Conviction, that won't happen this time though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5945386c8a570
    deactivated-5945386c8a570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sad to see all old series turning into shit, RE6, SC, MGR [spinoff, but still, looks horrible], H5 [i dont have too high hopes]...

Good decision Ironside.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NTM

Hm... That's too bad. I think the game looks great. I was hoping in the next one they'd make it so he has more physical combat, and he surely does.

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Roger778

Splinter Cell: Conviction was a fun game, and I am happy that I own it. However, like a lot of people have said, it wasn't a traditional Splinter Cell game. It still kept the stealth Mechanics, but it was more action-focused. That didn't bother me, though. What bothered me was the pissed off mercenaries spewing profanities as they searched for Fisher. It got way too repetitive.

I'm upset that Michael Ironside is not coming back as Sam Fisher again, mainly because he was that character. At the same time, I have to say I respect him for leaving the series because he was not happy with it's direction. That sounds like a perfectly good reason to me.

The new game Blacklist looks pretty cool, but it's going to be a little distracting at first to hear a new voice actor playing Fisher. I do believe I'll warm up to it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.