Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Aug 20, 2013

The sixth installment of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell series and follows the events after Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Spies vs. Mercs??

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By procrasturbate

Any word on "Spy vs Merc" mode for the next installment? Been awhile.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Sooty

I really doubt it, we're more likely to get a clone of the Assassin's Creed multiplayer judging by how the single player looks.

BormahAl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By BormahAl

@Sooty said:

I really doubt it, we're more likely to get a clone of the Assassin's Creed multiplayer judging by how the single player looks.

I wouldn't be mad about this, but it wouldn't be the same.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Kazona

Umm they've said several times that Spies vs Mercs is going to be in this game.

shadows_kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By shadows_kill

All I know is they announced it being there. I don't think anything else has been said.

procrasturbate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By procrasturbate

Man, so many nights on the original xbox over live...One could only hope.

Avatar image for deactivated-6281db536cb1d
    deactivated-6281db536cb1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only problem with the Double Agent Spies vs Mercs mode was that ultimately it became way too easy for good Mercs to stop spies. There was a limited number of entry points, and usually it became more about who could by chance slip by. Hopefully they open it up a little more.

ColdPhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ColdPhone

Spies v. Mercs in Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory was the most fun multiplayer experience I've had in gaming. Maybe I'm just nostalgic.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By Snail

A really cool multiplayer mode might change my opinion about getting this game, since the single-player doesn't look all that appealing. Kinda like Conviction, only less stealthy.

Creigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Creigz

@Kazona said:

Umm they've said several times that Spies vs Mercs is going to be in this game.

I really, truly hope this comes to fruition. I absolutely LOVED that about Chaos Theory. I didn't get Double Agent until recently on Steam, but I didn't enjoy Convictions multiplayer as much as I did Chaos Theory's multiplayer. That being said, no Michael Ironside is a little upsetting still, and won't warrant me buying it full price, but discounted on Steam instead. Unless pre-order comes with some cool stuffs.

salarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Yes there is spies vs Mercs

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Huh, I might have to get this then.

icicle7x3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By icicle7x3

Finally a reason to care about the new Splinter Cell game.

Brundage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Finally a reason to care about the new Splinter Cell game.

my thoughts exactly, this just went from a rent to a must buy

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm cautiously optimistic. I LOVED the Spies vs. Mercs MP in Chaos Theory, but I felt like they ruined it in Double Agent by making the game way too passive. By giving the spies their gun back, hopefully they'll address some of those issues.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sooty

@president_barackbar said:

I'm cautiously optimistic. I LOVED the Spies vs. Mercs MP in Chaos Theory, but I felt like they ruined it in Double Agent by making the game way too passive. By giving the spies their gun back, hopefully they'll address some of those issues.

I felt Double Agent gave Mercs a bit too much of an advantage, the sound detection was pretty unfair. (arrow indicators)

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

@sooty: I haven't played Chaos theory in years but I'm pretty sure Chaos theory also had sound indicators as well.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
    President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sooty: I haven't played Chaos theory in years but I'm pretty sure Chaos theory also had sound indicators as well.

Yeah, it did. I think what sooty was getting at was the always on motion detectors they gave the Mercs in DA. The thing about the sound detector in CT was that it could be mitigated by not running. The motion detector could not be avoided.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

@demoskinos said:

Yeah, it did. I think what sooty was getting at was the always on motion detectors they gave the Mercs in DA. The thing about the sound detector in CT was that it could be mitigated by not running. The motion detector could not be avoided.

Ah, I totally forgot about that. I never found that too much of an issue myself. You could actually use that to your advantage actually. Luring people into traps and such.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Sooty

@demoskinos said:

@president_barackbar said:

@demoskinos said:

Ah, I totally forgot about that. I never found that too much of an issue myself. You could actually use that to your advantage actually. Luring people into traps and such.

Ah yeah that is the one, the sound thing was quite fair (even though I think sound should remain sound cues alone) but the unavoidable motion thing annoyed me a lot.

Mount Hospital was amazing, hope some great maps like that make it over. I'm a bit concerned about the impact 4v4 will have, hope 2v2 matchmaking is an option and that the maps don't feel too big. 3v3 was pretty okay, 4 seems like it might be pushing it a little.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.