Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

A funny thing happened in Co-Op the other day...

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By simian

I'll preface this by saying that my wife & I have a habit of randomly complimenting each other for no particular reason. While we're making dinner in the kitchen she'll say to me "You have a handsome face." or during a commercial break I'll tell her that she has nice hair. I also have a schoolage step-daughter whom draws bizarre scenes and will then come up and describe & discuss them with you.
    That said.
    I was playing some Co-Op in SC:Conviction and while I had my headset on, neither me nor my partner where talking (I'm assuming they didn't have a mic hooked up). During the course of the game I discussed the following with my family:

• How much did a penguin cost.
    • The people I was shooting where necessarily bad people but had made a series of unfortunate decisions that led them to this situation. Yes I could let them live but bullets were cheaper then lives. No they don't have families there paramilitary orphans who also don't have pets.
    • I preferred the purple puppy to the pink one.
    At one point my wife came over and handed me a glass of water to which I replied "I like you... Because you're cute". At that moment in game my partner and I were about to dual breach a door when suddenly they stopped moving. For a fully 5 seconds they remained still before suddenly the game dropped me back to the lobby.
    Why?
    I had my mic on the entire time. At least that's my guess.
    Lesson to be learned. Unless you're using it don't plug you're headset it and even be very LIBERAL in using the mute button. Ironically it's a pet peeve of mine when people carry one way conversations over XBL. Bugger. 
    simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By simian

I'll preface this by saying that my wife & I have a habit of randomly complimenting each other for no particular reason. While we're making dinner in the kitchen she'll say to me "You have a handsome face." or during a commercial break I'll tell her that she has nice hair. I also have a schoolage step-daughter whom draws bizarre scenes and will then come up and describe & discuss them with you.
    That said.
    I was playing some Co-Op in SC:Conviction and while I had my headset on, neither me nor my partner where talking (I'm assuming they didn't have a mic hooked up). During the course of the game I discussed the following with my family:

• How much did a penguin cost.
    • The people I was shooting where necessarily bad people but had made a series of unfortunate decisions that led them to this situation. Yes I could let them live but bullets were cheaper then lives. No they don't have families there paramilitary orphans who also don't have pets.
    • I preferred the purple puppy to the pink one.
    At one point my wife came over and handed me a glass of water to which I replied "I like you... Because you're cute". At that moment in game my partner and I were about to dual breach a door when suddenly they stopped moving. For a fully 5 seconds they remained still before suddenly the game dropped me back to the lobby.
    Why?
    I had my mic on the entire time. At least that's my guess.
    Lesson to be learned. Unless you're using it don't plug you're headset it and even be very LIBERAL in using the mute button. Ironically it's a pet peeve of mine when people carry one way conversations over XBL. Bugger. 
    Dejkrigeren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dejkrigeren

I am sorry that he didn't feel the same way about you.

Jhriad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jhriad

I'd kill to have someone talking about that sorta stuff in my multiplayer games.  I think I'd be more entertained by that chat than the game most of the time.

DCFGS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By DCFGS3

Well I lol'd. You also do realise that you and your wife have exactly the same humour as a group of 17 year old boys?

simian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By simian
    @DCFGS3 said:
    " Well I lol'd. You also do realise that you and your wife have exactly the same humour as a group of 17 year old boys? "
    Actually #2 and #3 was with my step daughter. The penguin came from wanting to out exotic the exotic pet owner in our neighbourhood.
    Oh nice iguanna you have there... Oh this? This is our penguin and his pet emu. Yeah even our wildly-inappropriate-pet-for-an-urban-environment has a pet. Bitch.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.