any chance for PS3 version

#1 Posted by masterken (109 posts) -

i'm hoping that its just a timed exclusive deal and I will eventually get to play this on PS3. It makes no sense for Ubisoft not to bring it over. Anyone know if they had stated what kind of exclusive it is?

#2 Posted by Bionicicide (1213 posts) -

I think it'll be timed, heard a magazine cover had SC:C on PS3 on it.

FYI I sold my PS3 so no bias for me.

#3 Posted by eclipsesis (1242 posts) -

Maybe in the future, If this stayed exclusive wouldn't it be the only Splinter Cell to do so? i remember i played a lot of the on Sony consoles. And after all Ubisoft is a third party publisher and as far as i know MS don't own any of the IP.   

#4 Edited by demontium (4707 posts) -
@masterken:  

as in: No... no.... 
#5 Posted by Gabriel (4055 posts) -
#6 Posted by nick_verissimo (1380 posts) -

It'll come out like a year later with DLC packed in and other stuff to make up for the fact that it wasn't released simultaneously on both consoles.  That usually seems to be thing that happens right?

#7 Posted by agentboolen (1751 posts) -

Yep the whole exclusive thing drives us gamers crazy, its the most evil thing the video game industry has come up with.

#8 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I would say a pretty good chance of it coming out eventually for the PS3. 

#9 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Hope say.

#10 Posted by habster3 (3595 posts) -

Wow; did I really just type "Hope say?" Man, I'm a moron; Hope so.

#11 Posted by Three0neFive (2288 posts) -

Well, lets look at the facts:

1.) It's a third-party game

By that alone we can assume it'll see a PS3 release sometime this generation. The quality of said port remains unknown, as Double Agent was terrible on PS3.

#12 Posted by masterken (109 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" Well, lets look at the facts:  1.) It's a third-party game  By that alone we can assume it'll see a PS3 release sometime this generation. The quality of said port remains unknown, as Double Agent was terrible on PS3. "
correction: Double Agent was terrible regardless of system. I played it on my 360 before i sold it.
#13 Posted by DoctorTran (1544 posts) -

My magic ball points to ... not likely.

#14 Posted by FlamingHobo (4479 posts) -

I think that it's going to remain an exclusive to Microsoft systems. I'm not entirely sure why, however.

#15 Posted by Dustpan (1690 posts) -
@Bionicicide: I think you're thinking of Portal 2.
#16 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -
@Three0neFive said:
" Well, lets look at the facts:  1.) It's a third-party game  By that alone we can assume it'll see a PS3 release sometime this generation. The quality of said port remains unknown, as Double Agent was terrible on PS3. "
Double Agent was just terrible period.
#17 Posted by chrissedoff (2075 posts) -
@masterken:  i liked double agent. i replayed it just recently. i tried to figure out what people hate about it, but it's just a decent game on the real.
#18 Posted by KamasamaK (2408 posts) -

Possibly, but I don't see why you'd wait unless you didn't own an Xbox 360 or decent PC.

#19 Posted by SpudBug (633 posts) -

the cover art doesn't have "only on xbox and pc" on it.

I'd say it's pretty certain, just a matter of time.

#20 Posted by Lamashtu (254 posts) -

Remember that Ubisoft is a third-party company. In all likelihood Microsoft has a timed deal with Ubisoft.  For Splinter Cell to remain X-Box exclusive would be just to throw away money. 

And with all this DRM nonsense, you can count on the fact that a PS3 version would sell a damn sight more than the PC version.
#21 Posted by xyzygy (9892 posts) -
@Lamashtu: But it would also cost them more money to port the game to the PS3, since the game was made for the 360 and PC. And the sales from the 360 version alone would be way above a 1-year later PS3 version.
#22 Posted by masterken (109 posts) -
@xyzygy: 
i highly doubt that the cost to port it would be more than the gain from selling it on ps3. People will still buy it even if its a year old.
#23 Posted by Blueman (753 posts) -

It will almost certainly arrive on the PS3 at some point in the future. Probably just a 1 year exclusive, which Microsoft probably regret paying for now. The Splinter Cell name doesn't carry the same weight as it did in 2007.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.