Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Conviction

Game » consists of 20 releases. Released Apr 13, 2010

Splinter Cell: Conviction is the fifth installment in Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell franchise. Sam Fisher breaks apart from the Third Echelon in order to find the people responsible for the death of his daughter, only to find that not everything is what it seems.

Any early Splinter Cell fans put off?

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By MadMatr07

I became a huge fan with the first Splinter Cell and enjoyed the games through Chaos Theory. Recently with Double Agent and the new story arc, I started wondering: has Splinter Cell strayed too far from its origins? It seems that Conviction is gonna be very different from past games and I'm not sure that's a good thing. Thoughts?

ZombieHunterOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ZombieHunterOG

i dont think that it will be different i can almost guarantee it will be the hardest splinter cell game to date because you have to hide in plane sight in a way...

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MadMatr07

In that case I think I am going to miss my night vision goggles... :(

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Pibo47

Idk what to think about these newest SC's, SC 1 is my favorite though.

Kash_1095

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Kash_1095

Chaos Theory was awesome

Double Agent was bleh.

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Yeah, ever since Chaos Theory, I've been out of the franchise.  I can't really imagine a better Splinter Cell game than that.

Stealthoneill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Stealthoneill

Double Agent sucked, As long as this is better than that Im fine cause I loved every other one.

Whats putting me off is the damn delays we are getting, The new story looks like it has changed the series for the better and moved it in to a new light I just want to get to play it now!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By pause422

No one has any idea what this game will be like, its original concept since has been rumored to be completely scrapped and is going to be totally re thought over by Ubisoft..because it was very similar to the 'social stealth' that assassin's creed had...so they want to differentiate it from that.

fruitisgood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fruitisgood

The game does sound like a modern day assassins creed which is a good idea, but I don't think it should be called Splinter Cell. I know games evolve over time and rightfully so, but this seems like an entirely different game, so make it an entirely different game.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Rowr
    fruitisgood said:
    "The game does sound like a modern day assassins creed which is a good idea, but I don't think it should be called Splinter Cell. I know games evolve over time and rightfully so, but this seems like an entirely different game, so make it an entirely different game."
    I think they were all set until assassins creed came out.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By ProfessorEss

Maybe it's just me but over the years I've really grown tired of "stealth" games all together.

I'll definitely try Conviction, but to be honest I kinda hope they stray as far as possible from what I believe to be an overdone and sadly un-innovative genre.

Vaxadrin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By Vaxadrin
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "Yeah, ever since Chaos Theory, I've been out of the franchise.  I can't really imagine a better Splinter Cell game than that."
    I think that's the problem.  As far as "realistic spy espionage stealth" goes, it's hard to imagine how one can improve on Chaos Theory without just giving it a new map pack.  Thus, they need to try something new & interesting, which could fail miserably.

I wasn't a big fan of Double Agent at all, and I do think Assassin's Creed has sort of thrown a wrench in the works.  This game might not even exist right now.
    Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Captain_Fookup

I was a big fan of the series up until Double Agent, completely ruined the Splinter Cell feel with the day missions.

DrVanNostren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#14  Edited By DrVanNostren

Yup, I pretty much agree with everyone saying they liked the series up till Double Agent. I also wasn't a big fan of Pandora Tomorrow, but Chaos Theory was awesome, by far the best in my opinion.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#15  Edited By mike

Chaos Theory is definitely the best Splinter Cell game to date.  I was sorely disappointed with Double Agent, especially so regarding the multiplayer component.  After wasting $60 on that game, I am not looking forward to the next Splinter Cell in the least.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187
    MB said:
    "Chaos Theory is definitely the best Splinter Cell game to date.  I was sorely disappointed with Double Agent, especially so regarding the multiplayer component.  After wasting $60 on that game, I am not looking forward to the next Splinter Cell in the least."
    MB, I lost all respect for you, man.  Even on the hardest difficulty, that game was a ridiculous cakewalk.
    mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mike

I never said it wasn't easy, I said it was fun...and it was, especially the multiplayer.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187

I couldn't get into it at all, especially after Pandora Tomorrow and how amazing that game was.  Oh well, different strokes I guess...

wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By wefwefasdf

I loved the first one. I'm not sure they moved in in the right direction.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kazona

My biggest concern is that the game ends up being a third person shooter with stealth elements tacked on. I don't mind some better shooting controls but the focus needs to stay with stealth or it simply won't be a Splinter Cell game.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By crusnchill

I'm definitely going against the grain here, but I thought the last game, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, was fantastic(btw ppl are welcome to dispute this point, but it won't change my opinion of this game.)
    The only problem I had with this game was that for some reason on the PC version near the end where you have to difuse a bomb, a glitch kicks in that freeze's the game COMPLETELY, EVERY SINGLE FLIPPING TIME!!!!!!
    This would happen even if I re-loaded the game back up OR even uninstalled it and then re-installed it. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well! I took the PC version back to the store with the reciept and got the xbox 360 version with the money I got back for it plus £10. Which, I think, is really cool because I now have 1000 extra gamerscore points on my account that not many other people will even try to get, MWUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA. lol. 

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Captain_Fookup
    crusnchill said:
    "I'm definitely going against the grain here, but I thought the last game, Splinter Cell: Double Agent, was fantastic(btw ppl are welcome to dispute this point, but it won't change my opinion of this game.)
    The only problem I had with this game was that for some reason on the PC version near the end where you have to difuse a bomb, a glitch kicks in that freeze's the game COMPLETELY, EVERY SINGLE FLIPPING TIME!!!!!!
    This would happen even if I re-loaded the game back up OR even uninstalled it and then re-installed it. AAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh well! I took the PC version back to the store with the reciept and got the xbox 360 version with the money I got back for it plus £10. Which, I think, is really cool because I now have 1000 extra gamerscore points on my account that not many other people will even try to get, MWUAHAHAHAHAAAAAA. lol. "
    Thanks for bumping this six month old topic with this very insightful post.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.